Why the Red Sox will win 96 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

Why the Red Sox will win 96 games

Nice little write up on ESPN, hoping for the best!

Work(s) Cited

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Why the Red Sox will win 96 games

Not bad.  The pitching might even be better than that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-envy. Show harness-envy's posts

The Orioles will be the surprise team this IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Why the Red Sox will win 96 games:
    [QUOTE]Not bad.  The pitching might even be better than that. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

And it might be worse. No depth, especially if an injury occurs to the top 3 guys, which is pretty common.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We are probably in the toughest division in both leagues. I don't believe there is a "gimmie" in our division. I mean Tampa always seems to have their way with us especially in their crummy park and, darn, hate to bring it up but look what the Orioles did to us in Sept. Toronto is always tough and then there are the Yankees !!! I think all these teams will do a beating up on eachother & I don't see anyone running away with the division. Let's hope we are on top at the end !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Chances are that one wild card will come from the West and one from the East. Hard to say how many wins it will take. Might not need 96 , but probably at least 90.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Well at least this isn't Beni declaring that the RS will win 106 games and the WS.

I think they are giving Crawford way too much credit for improvement, .. SS is still an issue because Aviles and Punto might do better at the plate they are still suspect in the field.  I can't see RF being anything but a problem.  And, the RS pen is a great big unkonwn.

I can see the RS getting the WC or finishing 3rd again.  It depend a great deal on whether the RS play to their ability or not, .. for whatever reason.  But, they aren't likely to win 96 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Vegas odds of an 89.5 over/under is probably more accurate. Starting pitching will be slightly better this year due to the 4th and 5th starters were a disaster last year, the pen will be worse. Why? Until Bard returns we are counting on Melancon... I used to watch him pitch in NY and I don't care what he did in Houston he's no lights out set up man. Bailey isn't as good as Paplebon and no I don't care how he pitched vs the AL East in Oakland. THe offense may be a break even since RF and LF CANNOT be worse this year. Can it? The problem... do you really think Ellsbury and Ortiz will have similar years. Doubt it.
    Finally, Yanks, Rays and Jays have improved, but the Sox will make a better in season acquisition than they did last year.
    Don't read this dumb SI article... I'm telling you now Sox will win 91, 3rd place, 2nd WC spot.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Harness would project 100 wins, because of his confidence in magic fingers Varitek. Of course, it never happened.

Red Sox will do well to win mid 90's, which will be a solid regular season. We shall see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Well at least this isn't Beni declaring that the RS will win 106 games and the WS. I think they are giving Crawford way too much credit for improvement, .. SS is still an issue because Aviles and Punto might do better at the plate they are still suspect in the field.  I can't see RF being anything but a problem.  And, the RS pen is a great big unkonwn. I can see the RS getting the WC or finishing 3rd again.  It depend a great deal on whether the RS play to their ability or not, .. for whatever reason.  But, they aren't likely to win 96 games.
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

That was SPC doing all the predicting last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why the Red Sox will win 96 games : That was SPC doing all the predicting last year.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

He wasn't the only one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

I think the Red Sox have a good shot at the WC spot if the pen proves better than expected, Aviles can play an adequate short (or Iglesias hit above the Mendoza line) and the starting rotation stays injury-free, with adequate performance at the 4 and 5 spots....I agree that 96 wins is a bit optimistic....Then again Schoenfield had plenty of company when he imbibed the "greatest team ever" Kool-Aid last spring....

Sections
Shortcuts