Why the sox SHOULD sign Zach Grienke this offseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Why the sox SHOULD sign Zach Grienke this offseason

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Socially anxiety is a non-factor.

[/QUOTE]

Even assuming that it isn't, I still wouldn't be comfortable giving an ace pitcher's contract to a guy with a 3.77 career ERA...leave out his one Cy Young season (which was pretty clearly an aberration), and his ERA is over 4. He's a good pitcher, but not a savior...I would rather take my chances with Lester and Buchholz, one or both of whom I'd bet will be as good as or better than Greinke in 2013. 

Not to mention that after ridding themselves of several huge, unwise contracts this summer, I don't see the FO rushing out to hand out another to the best guy who happens to be on the market. That kind of thinking got us in enough trouble the past few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Why the sox SHOULD sign Zach Grienke this offseason

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he s a bonfide number one starter in this league of few

He's a bone fide 2nd rate starter, whether some incompetent pays market for him or not. He has high miles and has made a career of pitching in the losers bracket in the AL Central, NL Central and AL West.

The Red Sox already have 3 expensive 2nd rate starters in Lester, Buchholz and Lackey. They don't need another one with mental problems, high miles and without what it takes to pitch 1st rate in the AL East.

[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact Grienke does not have the average miles on his arm since he missed a whole season do to anxiety. Lester and Buchholz are extremely cheap both signing team friendly deals. One more thing your definition of second rate pitcher does not really seem like it means anything.