Why there's no replacing Ortiz

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Why there's no replacing Ortiz

In response to Calzone65's comment:

You admitted that you were somewhat sadistic in your enjoyment of how Babe annoyed posters. You admitted that it was entertaining to you. You said it, I didn't. Burrito shares that sadism. You are not alone.

Here's a question for you. It's been asked before and you've never answered it. Why do you post under multiple screen names? And do you know what I really find entertaining? Identifying all your new screen names after one of your serial bannings. It's almost as much fun as it used to be seeing babe administer a nice beatdown to you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes, pike why do u post under multiple personas? Maybe "persona" is incorrect as they are all the same. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Yes, pike why do u post under multiple personas? Maybe "persona" is incorrect as they are all the same. 

It's personae, but since we're both sadistic fud-twats it's all good. Thanks for the new word btw.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ROFL!  carnie is the only person I ever kept on my "friends" list.... good man!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Are we annoying you? Seems like it. I consider my day job complete, annoying you. I can sleep well now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ortiz deserves a two year deal at a reasonable price.  Of course there is a chance that he will be injured, but that can happen with anybody.  It is always a possibility in sports. It is a risk that you take. The Sox need to put a quality team ,  comprised of a mixture of youth and veterans on the field.  The fans are not going to support " bridge years " and rebuilding strategies.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The fans will support re-building modes and bridge years, you have followed a myth.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Calzone65's comment:

Why is a physicist on a baseball forum 24/7?

Determining the boiling point and freezing points of Narragansett beer?

Defining the coefficient of expansion of Fenway Frank?

Deciding whether a feather falls at the same speed as a baseball in a vacuum?

Calculating the exact speed that El Guapo gets spun off of an accelerating merry-go-round?

Assessing the buoyancy of a knuckleball at various levels of humidity and altitude?

Deciding if Boog Powell and Dustin Pedroia would hit the baseball furthest if they both had the same bat and bat speed?

Actually baseball is all about physics you maroon. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that. Also I have to say I'm honored to be getting the jesseyeric treatment. Maybe you can get banned over me as well, that would be sweet. I'm still waiting for you to explain to me why jesseyeric is a troll.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Ortiz deserves a two year deal at a reasonable price.  Of course there is a chance that he will be injured, but that can happen with anybody.  It is always a possibility in sports. It is a risk that you take. The Sox need to put a quality team ,  comprised of a mixture of youth and veterans on the field.  The fans are not going to support " bridge years " and rebuilding strategies.

Ideally from a business standpoint, the Red Sox would make a qualifying one year offer to Ortiz.  If he declines and signs elsewhere, the Sox get a draft pick.  If he accepts, the Sox have Ortiz signed for a reasonable one year deal. 

However, I think the Sox are have to do some damage control after this season.   It would serve the FO well to give Ortiz the 2 years that he wants and that he has earned, agree to the terms quickly, and move on to other business. 

With the money that has been freed up, a 2 year deal at about $12 mil per year won't handcuff the team, even if Ortiz craps out.  If Ortiz puts up numbers like he did in 2012, it ends up being a pretty good deal for the Sox.  

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts