why why why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

why why why

wait UNTIL!!! wake gives up a home run? yes he was throwin a good game but who here honestly didnt see that coming besides tito? eventually wake hangs one and boom you lose.  he gave you six good innings take it and run tito, i am a tito supporter but you cant expect a 62 year old guy to give you more than six innings so............................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: why why why

In Response to why why why:
    [QUOTE]wait UNTIL!!! wake gives up a home run? yes he was throwin a good game but who here honestly didnt see that coming besides tito? eventually wake hangs one and boom you lose.  he gave you six good innings take it and run tito, i am a tito supporter but you cant expect a 62 year old guy to give you more than six innings so............................
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

True but we can't beat the White Sox.  Year after year they screw us and I'll be happy if even win ONE game in the series. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

why why why do we always get these 20-20 hindsight complaints?  Wake was pitching great.  Chicago got the one run on bs.  After the 2 run dinger, Wake got the next three guys out.

My version of reality is the Sox were lucky he gave up the dinger because, if they had played 10 extra innings they were still only going to get the one run.  Or weren't you actually watching the game?  The one thru six hitters went 0 for 20.  The dinger by Salty was a mistake pitch and lucky swing.  The only other hit was the fluke single by Sutton. 

This was an excellent start by Wakefield and even better pitching by the White Sox.  Simple as that. 

Did you notice that Pedroia's hitting streak (and Ellsbury's much shorter one) both ended tonight?

And you're blaming Francona? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

HEY DJ BOSOX 2004...THE RUN THAT THE SOX GOT EARLY WAS
    NOT BS...AS YOU CALL IT. THERE WERE TWO BUNTS THAT WERE
    ORDERED BY THE MANAGER. THEY GOT A MAN TO SECOND SO
    THEY HAD A RUNNER IN SCORING POSITION. THAT'S CALLED
    STRATEGY , BUDDY. IT PUTS PRESSURE ON WAKEFIELD , WHO
    CAN BE COUNTED ON TO THROW WILD PITCHES WITH HIS
    KNUCKLER. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE DID, AND THE RUNNER
    SCORED ON A FLYOUT TO CRAWFORD....TIE GAME. SO WHAT
    IS YOUR "BS" ANALYSIS ALL ABOUT. LEARN THE GAME BEFORE
    YOU MAKE POSTS THAT HAVE NO SENSE !!! IN A CLOSE GAME
    YOU HAVE TO CREATE OPPORTUNITIES, AND OZZIE DID IT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]wait UNTIL!!! wake gives up a home run? yes he was throwin a good game but who here honestly didnt see that coming besides tito? eventually wake hangs one and boom you lose.  he gave you six good innings take it and run tito, i am a tito supporter but you cant expect a 62 year old guy to give you more than six innings so............................

Can't blame Wake, he only gave up three runs and we couldn't cover him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Some people will never understand what is wrong with using 20-20 hindsight and why it is a copout. Georom is a teacher who is supposed to be logical and does it all of the time. The GM, owner, and manager don't have the luxury or opportunity to use 20-20 hindsight since they need to act immediately and not after the fact. It shouldn't be that difficult a concept to comprehend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

WhiteSox really play Boston tough in Chicago. It was like that last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Can you Tell me how he went from 62 to 98 in 14 minutes? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Why why why can't the Sox get a manager who knows beforehand when his pitcher is going to give up the winning runs? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

This is just the baseball gods evening the slate for Wake, this loss helps make up for his garbage wins.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

well MAX, offense was terrible obviously , my point was wake is eventually going to get clobbered, get him out after 6 and you have a better chance to win. period

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: why why why:
    [QUOTE]well MAX, offense was terrible obviously , my point was wake is eventually going to get clobbered, get him out after 6 and you have a better chance to win. period

Why not get him out after five innings since you seem to know exactly when he will blow up and throw one bad pitch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Kudos to Wake for a job well done tonight.  This loss is on the offense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Let's see,didn't Wakefield only give up 3 hits?And you guys are here bashing him?
    Wow,tough crowd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

bunt single, another single and a homer over 7 innings, or what Lackey often does in the 1st inning of starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

When Tim is pitching well he can go 9... its more of a case that he does not pitch all that well most of the time. Looking at the numbers tonight he appears to have been doing well. Then again while I sit here thinking about it I suppose getting 6 good innings out of tim you may want to bullpen ready to go int he 7th.

I only know one thing - we need ANOTHER starter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

why because Wakefield proved what tonight that you feared, Burrito?
    Tell me how Lester, Beckett or Lackey could have won tonight's game? Only one way. A shutout.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The loser face of 2003 ALCS strikes again. The human launching pad. ERA still over 5, another bomb, after the grand slam of prior start.

Wakefield's performance tonight (7 IP, 3 H, 3 ER) was better than Beckett's performance on Thursday against a weaker opponent (7 IP, 6 H, 4 ER). There's no way around that one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Wake pitches six  good innings Tito takes him out relief pitcher gets rocked  your back on here screaming why did Tito take Wake out !!!  We see you after the fact jacks on here every day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I just wish he'd lay off the beer and pizza so he can bend over when he has to field a bunt.  He looks like a beach ball out there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The anti-Wakefield crowd gives him no love even when he has a good start.

Yet none of them seem to understand that he is out there because he is the best option available.

And saying "he should have been taken out because eventually he is going to get bombed" is just foolish hindsight.  I couldn't help but notice you did not say what pitcher was a guarantee to shut the White Sox down for the 7th?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts