why why why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: why why why

In Response to why why why:
    [QUOTE]wait UNTIL!!! wake gives up a home run? yes he was throwin a good game but who here honestly didnt see that coming besides tito? eventually wake hangs one and boom you lose.  he gave you six good innings take it and run tito, i am a tito supporter but you cant expect a 62 year old guy to give you more than six innings so............................
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]  B I N G O !!!!  WELL SAID 4MAN !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Wake was pitching extremely well with a decent pitch count.  The Sox are in the midst of 20 games in a row with no days off with 12 more games to play before an off day.  Just like in the last game that Wakefield pitched in which he had an 8 run lead, you keep him in the game as long as is reasonable.  With guys like Miller and Lackey in the rotation, not to mention the possibility of extra inning affairs, you want to avoid using the BP when you don't have to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: why why why:
    [QUOTE]Wake was pitching extremely well with a decent pitch count.  The Sox are in the midst of 20 games in a row with no days off with 12 more games to play before an off day.  Just like in the last game that Wakefield pitched in which he had an 8 run lead, you keep him in the game as long as is reasonable.  With guys like Miller and Lackey in the rotation, not to mention the possibility of extra inning affairs, you want to avoid using the BP when you don't have to.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE] WELL, THEN YOU BETTER SCORE/MANUFACTURE SOME RUNS !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why :  WELL, THEN YOU BETTER SCORE/MANUFACTURE SOME RUNS !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Our offense averages 5.5 runs/game.  Holding the opponent to 3 runs usually will be good enough for the win.  I would take a pitching performance of 7 IP, 3 runs any day of the week.  Wakefield did his job last night.  The offense did not.  It happens sometimes that our offense will by stymied.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good post, Kimmi...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]good post, Kimmi...
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Thank you Danny.   Kiss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why : Our offense averages 5.5 runs/game.  Holding the opponent to 3 runs usually will be good enough for the win.  I would take a pitching performance of 7 IP, 3 runs any day of the week.  Wakefield did his job last night.  The offense did not.  It happens sometimes that our offense will by stymied.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. Your post makes perfect sense.  Wake pitched a good enough game to keep us in it. It was just a sub par day for the offense. It can happen. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]If opposing Pitcher pitches a good game, it is NOT on the Offense. Your not going to score 6-15 runs every night. Give some credit to your opponent. What is he 6-0 against the Sox.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Bobby,

Exactly. I'm surprised someone hasn't brought up fact that the Sox have now lost 3 out of the last four. It's a long 162 game seasons and teams go into slumps, losing streaks and players do as well. It's where you are after 162 games that count, and not game 103. The Sox are still up 2.5 games in New York who have also lost their last two and 24 games over .500 with the best record in the AL.

Some trolls like Billyboy, Allibike, to name a few only know how to harp on the negative. A few days ago someone pointed out that Youk was only hitting .280. Yikes !! Wouldn't it be great to have a line up of nothing but .280 hitters.

Hetchinspete

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why :  WELL, THEN YOU BETTER SCORE/MANUFACTURE SOME RUNS !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill,

What's your point. The line up will get shut down by good pitching on some nights. Even the best hitters and line ups get shut down. A broadcaster at the All-star game brought out the fact that despite all the great hitters that play in these games the collective batting average of all these great hitters is under.250. The Sox can't score 5-10 runs every night.

Hetchinspete.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]WhiteSox really play Boston tough in Chicago. It was like that last year.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
     Didn't they just sweep the Sox in Beantown as well?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

PItching value isn't there, but this team has an issue with big offensive lows  

Since we lead the league in scoring and winning, I'll just chalk this one up to your fragile state of mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]well MAX, offense was terrible obviously , my point was wake is eventually going to get clobbered, get him out after 6 and you have a better chance to win. period
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Every pitcher will eventually give up runs.

And is the 7th inning a magic inning?

And from a BB perspective, it sounds counter-intuituve.  It's a tie game, and we're the first to reach into our BP.

Maybe I'm just not a fan of managing via crystal ball.  At the end of the day, a pitcher who is pitching well, with a great record against us, beat us.  That's really not a shocking thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

WE ALL AGREE THAT WAKE PITCHED WELL, BUT ...ALLOWING
    HIM TO CONTINUE ON IN LATE INNINGS, WHEN A WILD
    PITCH OR AN INADVERTANT HIT BATSMAN IS THE DIFFERENCE
    BETWEEN A WIN AND A LOSS....IT IS BETTER TO PLAY THE
    PERCENTAGES AND GET HIM OUTTA THERE. YES....IT IS
    POSSIBLE THAT ACEVES OR ALBERS COULD GIVE UP THE
    BOMB, BUT THEY ARE NOT AS LIKELY TO CREATE A WILD PITCH
    OR PASSED BALL OPP TO THE CHISOX. HOW MANY BALLS DID
    GET PAST SALTY TO THE BACKSTOP IN HARMLESS COUNTS.
    EVENTUALLY THAT PASSED BALL COSTS YOU, DEARLY. HIS
    BALL JUST SITS UP THERE, AND THESE ARE MAJOR LEAGUE
    HITTERS. WHEN THE BALL DOESN'T KNUCKLE, AND SITS UP
    ON A TEE, GUYS LIKE AJ CAN HIT IT OUT, AND THAT'S
    WHAT HAPPENED.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to why why why : Can't blame Wake, he only gave up three runs and we couldn't cover him.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I'm not blaming Wake at all.  It must be the freaking stadium or the backdrop because Boston hitters can not seem to pick up the ball against the Chicago pitchers.  They look really lost at the plate.  Thank the Lord this is the last we have to see of the White Sox this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

So,I guess Lester should be DFA now.He gave up 4 hits and 2 Home Runs tonight.That's more hits and Homers than Wakefield gave up right?Let's bash Lester !!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.