Why would any good manager want to come to this team with the boston media being what it is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Why would any good manager want to come to this team with the boston media being what it is?

after what this media did to bobby V from day one why would anyone want to manage here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Why would any good manager want to come to this team with the boston media being what it is?

What did the media do that he did not start with his dumb comments??????

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Why would any good manager want to come to this team with the boston media being what it is?

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The best job in baseball !!!

[/QUOTE]

It could be the best job in baseball if the manager had the full cooperation of a competent GM (which we haven't got in my opinion) and didn't have an eqally incompetent CEO meddling into  everything all the time.  We know now that when FrancoMa was manager, GM Epstein met with him EVERY DA@N DAY before a home game  to "go over things".  A manager doesn't need that. He must be free to run the team as he sees fit and not be subject to instructions or suggestions from ivory tower suits.  True, in my opinion, FrancoMa left a lot to be desired in the dugout, but he certainly knew a helluva lot more than Epstein did about personnel and who he should play.  The tragedy was when FrancoMa said during the summer of 2004---I LIKE IT HERE; I DO AS I AM TOLD.  What the he@l kind of manager is that? (O'Nan and King--FAITHFUL, 2005)

The next manager must have the cooperation of the GM who doesn't stick his fingers in the pie and for Lucchino to mind his own business on field matters and concentrate on promotions and fund raising which he is good at.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

If Geo Steinbrenner owned the Red Sox he would bring Francona back.  How many times did he fire Billy Martin?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Geo Steinbrenner owned the Red Sox he would bring Francona back.  How many times did he fire Billy Martin?

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

In response to tetonman50's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MichFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]   Unlike Martin I suspect Francona would be smart enough not to come back.

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Umm because the money is real good and fame and celebrity are not so bad either. 

The major disincentive for managing here has nothing to do with the media, wakeup!

It's the confusing management structure and bizarro power issues between Lucchino and Cherington. You might not be able to bring in your own coaches! Oh, and your medical staff here is terrible. 

The media is far down the list. 

p.s. don't paint Bobby V as a victim. He was a perpetrator, who helped inflict a horrendous season on fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Whhhaaaaa!  The media did it!  :(

PLEASE!  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Perfect situation for the next manager.  They can only get better.

Go buy two starters, resign Ortiz and Ells.  Middlebrooks back.

All they need after that  is a closer and a manager.

I'd be glad to manage the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

for the money. what else.

[/QUOTE]

I thought this was obvious...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh sure.

Push pull click click

Fix team that quick.

A simple plan that with the primary goal of addressing egomaniacal fantasies...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Say what you will about Francona, but he seemed to handle the media brilliantly while he was here. Kept a lot of things behind closed doors and out of the media. Deflected things off his players and on to him. He had their backs. Francona had the media in the palms of his hands. Handled perfectly IMO.

Im not saying I want him back, just using him as an example.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If they were to hire Francona back, I would be fine with it. I think this John Ferrell wanting is silly. Why go after him? He did not do well in Toronto. I honestly don't know who is best for the job, but what a job it would be to manange the Boston Red Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think Farrell could have success here in Boston. Not saying he would be my choice, but other managers/coaches have done poorly in one place and had success in another. We dont have to look too far to find two in our own backyard in Francona (Philly) and Belechick (Cleveland).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The best job in baseball !!!

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm,.........manager of the Red Sox or head coach of the Patriots,..........that's a tough one.   ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to Soxpatsfan08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

after what this media did to bobby V from day one why would anyone want to manage here?

Francona did well here w/ media. Maybe had something to do with all the stupid remarks made by previous manager?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Soxpatsfan08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Someone once said, "this team is where you want to play if you are good".  If you do good in Boston, you are God.  If you do bad, you are a demon.  Every men wants to be God once in their life time right? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who plays left field, first base, ss, closes or pitches middle relief?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChronicNYY13. Show ChronicNYY13's posts

How can being the Sox manager be the "best job in baseball?"  That is ridiculous.  Who wouldn't rather be a GM?  Or better yet, how about ARODS job.  He only has to be a shadow of his former self and he gets $30M/year.  Or maybe you prefer apples to apples.  How about the Yankees manager.  You make more money, spend more money, win more, and have a better shot every year.  Plus the Yankee heirarchy doesn't throw you under the bus and will always find you that missing hole at the trade deadline.  

Best job in baseball, dude you have flipped one to many burgers!

Sections
Shortcuts