Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Re: Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now?

Yazzzer, you're in luck! I just checked, and yes, match. com has a section for tortured, delusional loners! Funny how you and softlaw found each other on here though! Life is so weird, donchathink?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now? : the multiple use of the word troll on this genuflecting board has made the word void of any meaning. a sure sign of being  ignorant is using the same word over and over and over. you definitely qualify.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

well, i agree wholeheartdely about all the over-troll.  Indeed it is void of meaning.  I also agree that a sure sign of ignorance is saying the same thing over and over.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

".. and there it is!!!"

@Lloyd LOL. Complete with the usual flower bouquets for Matt Kemp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"the multiple use of the word troll on this genuflecting board has made the word void of any meaning."

Actually it does have a meaning, which relates to people being here with a predictable axe to grind that appears in every post, whether it is on a different topic or not, such as, say, a hatred for Theo. It's not the hatred for Theo that would make one a troll, but the relentless pounding away from thread to thread. I understand why you would want to try to obscure the meaning of a word that clearly applies to you however.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now? : the multiple use of the word troll on this genuflecting board has made the word void of any meaning. a sure sign of being  ignorant is using the same word over and over and over. you definitely qualify.

Yazzer,

You're accusing someone of being ignorant using the same word many times and you just did the same, but I would guess on purpose to get your point accross, what ever that might be if any.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now? : I concur all I've ever read from you is 100% nonsense...do me a favor please place me on ignore, I'll do the same for you...frankly Softone...I have little or no time to have a debate with a fraud, alter ego who is merely trying to engage those that want to have factual debates with a constant barrage of drivel...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Bean,

He's already on my ignore list as well,as is "the babe" and Billy Troll who is one in the same.

Peter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now? : he'll ask for the sun and the moon because some local moron(who appears to be god on this board) signed a lesser player for 142 million dollars. i'm sure bora$$ will notice that.

Yazzer,

Theo isn't a gawd, but I doubt few other could accomplish what he's done for the Red Sox. And no he's not a moron. If you want to critisize that's fair, but cut the name calling. Ells may not be worth the 20ml a year to us but if he continues to produce like he has this year he'll get his 20mil somewhere and if we try to find a player with similar numbers it will cost us the same.

Hetchinspete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]" .. and there it is!!!" @Lloyd LOL. Complete with the usual flower bouquets for Matt Kemp.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Well, it was as guaranteed as the fact that Irene will spank us all.
    And love the avatar ... hate Flo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I don't know.....  Now that Softy has said it for the 5,000th time (literally), I agree with him.  He's so smart & convincing!!!  Not to mention his winning personality.... :)   Clearly he understands that NO PLAYER has ever gotten better after their first 2 full seasons (08 & 09 in Ells. case, & we all know 10 was a lost season)....  It takes a true baseball genius, as we all know Softy is, to keep this immutable fact in mind...... All players, good, bad, & great, keep the averages established in their first two seasons.  I never knew that before, but if Softy said it, it's got to be true.  Thank God he was able to articulate that axiomatic truism just one more time, as I might have missed it!

Thanks again Softy.  You're a baseball God!

p.s.  Anybody dredging up stats. that counter this obvious point is simply trying to smear my friend Softy with facts!!!  Baseball isn't about facts, figures, & such!!!!  It's about what Softy lays out as a premise!  You are all blind!
    Pick any great player & you will see that their lifetime average is the exact same as their first two seasons???  I know it has to be true, because Softy said it 5000 times!    :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

[QUOTE]No chance Ellsbury is signed beyond FA. It's real simple. 2011 is a windfall year in the Crawford 2010 mode. Except, Ellsbury isn't a FA until 2014. He will cost about 12 to 14 for those years. Crawford has the mistake contract that Ellsbury wants but will not get from Red Sox. Crawford is a fit only at leadoff, despite career splits, where he can swap with Rh SS if needed. Theo was out of his mind when talked #3 about Crawford. Crawford, if told to forget slugging and just get on base anyway possible, will thrive at leadoff over big sample. Rays needed slugging from him and Red Sox made mistake of paying for slugging in addition to real skills for Crawford. If Ellsbury is gone, over big sample, Crawford will ecel in leadoff if he's told that getting on base is his role, period. In fact, his career averae slugging numbers will return because he will make better contract and be more selective instead of the futile effort to slug becuase of the terrible error by Theo to expect slugging #3 skillset to be part of his packae.  So, it's simple. A. Pretend Mickey Mantle has arrived and pay 12 to 14M for Ellsbury 2011 for Ellsbury 2012 and 2013 and pretend Crawford 2012 will be Crawford 2011 B. Take the career year and sell "Ted Willliams has arrived" final 2 years of 12 and 14M to the Dodgers and add a prospect or two if needed to get Kemp (Dodgers cost 10 to 12M for 2012 and FA cost of 20M for 2013 to highest bidder) and extend Kemp long term and expect Crawford 2012 to be closer to Crawford 2010 and Ellsbury 2012 to be closer to Ellsbury 2009. Put Kemp in LF most of the time to keep his legs strong, move Crawford to CF and put Reddick/Kalish in RF.  2012 Cost comparision and lineup differences A    6 to 7 M B    10 to 12M  (Note: Drew and Cameron off books at 21.5 M)           B                                                                 A L Crawford ('09 likely not '11) L Ellsbury (career OPS vLhp.748 '09 likely not '11) R Pedroia                            R Pedroia L Agon                               L AGon R Kemp (Career OPS v Lhp .945 '11 OPS 1.024)  R Youk L Ortiz (flip v Lhp)                                        L Ortiz R Youk  (flip v. Lhp)                                      L Crawford ?   It is noted that Kemp has 33 steals. It balances the OF out for many years to come, with Kemp being a perfect lineup fit and Fenway profile who also brings the speed package in addition to slugging. Like it or not, Manny was a large factor in 2 titles. Agon and Kemp long term would be a killer to the Yankees for a long long time. Yankees will be highest bidders for Kemp if a team doesn't trade to Dodgers and extend Kemp, which is going to happen. Dodgers, short of a miracle deep pockets owner to extend Kemp to Yankee FA offer money, will look to trade Kemp this winter. If the Red Sox gm doesn't full court press for Kemp trade and extension, expect to see Kemp in pinstripes very soon. Granderson, Tex, Kemp and Cano would be my worst Yankee nightmare for years to come.   Pretty simple, really. I know it would mean two black OF'ers and Ellsbury is a cult hero and pink hat wet dream, but look at the business side of beating the Yankees for a long time to come. Injuries can change anything, but betting on injuries is a real prayer if the Yankees get Kemp.   Between ellsbury 2 years and Lowrie and Brentz and Vtek and Jacobs and Doubrant and Weiland, the Red Sox can easily make this winter trade. Ellsbury is not going to be signed long term anyway, and Lowrie is blocked and Middlebrooks is emerging and rest are expendable. The reality is that the Dodgers and Red Sox get better long term by making this deal. It works for both teams.  I repeat, no way will Red Sox outbid for Kemp in FA! So forget the "take the picks for Ellsbury" and sign Kemp as FA nonsense going around from dimwits.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]
    dodgers can not afford kemp so ellsbury will be cheaper-sox can not afford ellsbury so kemp will be cheaper????????????????????????????????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now?:
    [QUOTE]Now that we know what a gem we have in Ellsbury, why even talk of trading him?  Even if he walks in the future, the three-headed monster of Els, Agon, and Pedey will make the Sox a powerhouse for the next few years.  With solid contributions from Youk and Papi and hopeful improvement from Crawford and Salty, what a fun team to root for. We trade him for monetary reasons?  The Sox aren't little sisters of the poor. we trade him to accomodate Crawford hitting leadoff?  That's ridiculous.  CC does strike out a bit.  Let CC hit sixth or switch CC and Pedey between the 2 and 6 hole depending on a RH or LH starter. Why lose the best leadoff hitter this year in hopes you can replace him with someone who has had a down year. We trade him because his value is high now?  I'd rather just enjoy his play while his value is high.  Let's trade Yaz he won the triple crown; Rice was MVP he's gone; Pedro Cy Young - think what we can get.  This logic is absurd. When ( no IF) Boras leads Els away, pray he's not Johhny Quisling Damon and goes to the Yankees; otherwise, say thanks for some great baeball and know the Sox will find a way to plug the missing hole. The three-headed monster must continue to live.  It needs to be fed.  Can anyone say Sabathia?
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why would anyone want to trade Ellsbury now? :
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

When Crawford gets hot, we go to Jacoby leadoff, Crawford #2, and if he stays that way, possibly Craw #1  and Ells #2 given Ells' power this season... Carl never was a real home run hitter, but Jacoby is lookin like it! Crawford had 11 HR one season leadoff with 650 or so at bats, 16 another. He is more of a pure leadoff guy, why were we sold on his "power"? He is almost ready for 1 or 2 in lineup, please be patient, he is on his way to the fire...

GO RED SOX!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

First off the assumption is that the Sox can't re-sign Ellsbury, which is not an accurate dipiction of reality...Crawford's deal has nothing to do with it, the Sox can easily afford paying market value for Ells (20M plus)...What we don't know is if Ells is interested in staying in Boston or would he prefer to play somewhere else? 100% nonsense.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

Beantowne, as you will soon be reminded, your comment is 100% pollyannish nonsense.