Why you trade for Ryan Braun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Why you trade for Ryan Braun

For the same reason you trade for Cliff Lee but obviously only one or the other if we intend on keeping our farm in tact.  The Sox need a strong #3 in the rotation and better RHH big bat.

Braun could be that missing centerpiece! 

Would the Brewers consider giving up Ryan? You never know they have a lot of other needs. Trading a guy like Braun could free up salary and get them some nice young prospects in return.  Although Nava has been an important part of our clubs success, packaging him while his stock is at its highest could be a smart option.  On the other hand, with the way Victorino gets hurt keeping Nava would probably be the best option regardless.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Why you trade for Ryan Braun

In response to ConanObrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ahh yes Braun

and all the PED crap that comes with it.

/QUOTE]

Ryan has performed the same every year whether he failed a test or not.  Nothing has been proven and you certainly don't see physicians and others coming out of the woodwork like with ARod proving otherwise. 

Get a life!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

[QUOTE]

ahh yes Braun

/QUOTE]

Ryan has performed the same every year whether he failed a test or not.  Nothing has been proven and you certainly don't see physicians and others coming out of the woodwork like with ARod proving otherwise. 

Get a life!

Braun failed a test, but got off on a technicallity.

No thanks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Ryan Braun should be traded to the Marlins so that he can be closer to the anti-aging clinic.  LOL

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Ryan Braun should be traded to the Marlins so that he can be closer to the anti-aging clinic.  LOL

LOL

Good one, IC.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

LOL

Good one, IC.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks ThefourBs!!!   Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

For the same reason you trade for Cliff Lee but obviously only one or the other if we intend on keeping our farm in tact.  The Sox need a strong #3 in the rotation and better RHH big bat.

Would the Brewers consider giving up Ryan? You never know they have a lot of other needs. Trading a guy like Braun could free up salary and get them some nice young prospects in return.  Although Nava has been an important part of our clubs success, packaging him while his stock is at its highest could be a smart option.  On the other hand, with the way Victorino gets hurt keeping Nava would probably be the best option regardless.

For what it's worth, Ryan Braun is younger than Daniel Nava ... and it's safe to say that Braun has had the more impressive career.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

For what it's worth, Ryan Braun is younger than Daniel Nava ... and it's safe to say that Braun has had the more impressive career.

Throw in a bag of balls, and call it even, PED test failures notwithstanding.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Much easier, cheaper, and makes more sense to get Yovani Gallardo.  Can be solid #3 starter for the Sox.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL

Good one, IC.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks ThefourBs!!!   Laughing

[/QUOTE]

LOL

Reminds me of the local fishing derby this year.

You can't even trust fishermen anymore!!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/16/winnipesaukee-fishing-derby-winner-will-have-to-take-lie-detector-test/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

I don't know why all the animosity Craze...  I like the idea what with the Brewers stinking up the NL this year.  Maybe they will consider rebuilding since they lost Fielder and are not going anywhere holding onto Braun's contract to be bottom dwellers. 

The peds thing is not an issue.  He was cleared,  and is no more of a risk than Papi at this point.  I had no idea he was still younger than Nava,  interesting.  We need a power OF and I say explore the idea now that we have some talent down on the farm to interest other teams.  Let Ells walk,  let Drew walk,  maybe even Napoli...  and you practically have the money they would have been paid next season to be alotted to paying Braun.  Put Middlebrooks at 1B,  Bogaerts at 3B,  Iglesias at SS,  of course Pedey at 2B.  OF consists of Braun in LF,  JBJ in CF,  Vic in RF.  I like it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

For what it's worth, Ryan Braun is younger than Daniel Nava ... and it's safe to say that Braun has had the more impressive "chemically enhanced" career.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

I don't know why all the animosity Craze...  I like the idea what with the Brewers stinking up the NL this year.  Maybe they will consider rebuilding since they lost Fielder and are not going anywhere holding onto Braun's contract to be bottom dwellers. 

The peds thing is not an issue.  He was cleared,  and is no more of a risk than Papi at this point.  I had no idea he was still younger than Nava,  interesting.  We need a power OF and I say explore the idea now that we have some talent down on the farm to interest other teams.  Let Ells walk,  let Drew walk,  maybe even Napoli...  and you practically have the money they would have been paid next season to be alotted to paying Braun.  Put Middlebrooks at 1B,  Bogaerts at 3B,  Iglesias at SS,  of course Pedey at 2B.  OF consists of Braun in LF,  JBJ in CF,  Vic in RF.  I like it.

If you want to have Braun in our lineup, you would have to exclude Bogaerts from your lineup.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Brewers are not trading Ryan Braun.

Likely July trade candidates are Aramis Ramirez, Norichika Aoki, Yovani Gallardo and Jim Henderson.  If they can find takers for Rickie Weeks, Jon Axford and Kyle Lohse, they  probably jump.  But Braun, Carlos Gomez, and Jean Segura are the foundation they would build around...

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

[QUOTE]

ahh yes Braun

/QUOTE]

Get a life!

Braun failed a test, but got off on a technicallity.

No thanks.

Agree. 4B. More than testing postive, blaming an innocent person for his mistake, is worse IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

With the contract length they gave Braun I'm certain they wouldn't consider trading him, especially after alienating their fans by letting Fielder go.

Now Aramis Ramirez ? Let's talk. Middlebrooks could work on hitting in AAA and Ramirez would supply desperately needed r/h power. Plus buyng  us a couple years to wait on Bogaerts, Almanzar and Cecchini in case Middlebrooks just doesn't work out. 

We have been very vulnerable to merely competent lefty starters this year, as Gomes has been useless and Napoli and Victorino, haven't hit their career norms vs. l/h either. Drew , Ellsbury, and Nava aren't much vs. l/h, so a r/h power bat would really help.

I even wonder about Alex Rios's availability from CWS, although he's old and very expensive. Willingham, Francouer and Soriano just don't thrill me. Giancarlo Stanton would.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Are we in first because we didn't trade for these guys????? Who would you trade for if we fall to second

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Are we in first because we didn't trade for these guys????? Who would you trade for if we fall to second

[/QUOTE]

1st place teams make trade to make their positions more secured.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

craze4sox wants all the excellent players on his team... by the time he is done acquiring them all we would look like the Dodgers. 

With due respect Burrito who do have now you consider a super star studded team like the Dodgers if we were to add Lee or Braun?  All I'm looking for is someone who can put up Papi type numbers in the middle of the lineup, or a third reliable starter. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i disagree with the op saying braun is same as lee.  i will take pitching over hitting everyday of the week and 178 times on sunday.  and a known ped cheat?  make that 179.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Having a legitimate middle of the order slugger with Papi would make us a real threat every day as we were with Manny.  When I say legitimate people like you understand which I appreciate.  Braun has everything a great player needs with a solid SLG, OBP and OPS across the board each year.  We presently have one of these type of players in Papi. 

Having Braun, Bradley, Nava and Victorino in the OF next season, or even this year if we decided to trade Ells makes this team much better because Ells will never repaet 2011 from a power perspective, or maintain the OBP Bruan could.  Having the additional bat would also allow Bradley more time to develop offensively without missing Ells at all.  

Someone also asked who I would trade for Braun?  We have so many good young positional prospects and pitchers there are endless packages we could offer the Brewers, more than likely without hurting our future much at all.  The Brewers "like the Mariners" if they put Felix on the market could make out like bandits both financially to improve their club at various positions and through the good young prospects they would receive in return.  PEDS is the last thing I would worry about.  If Braun did do them at some point who cares?  He still putting up the same type numbers with people watching him even closer?