Why you trade for Ryan Braun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Why you trade for Ryan Braun

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Craze you make these threads but with no options or what you would trade. Yes we have young guys but are they what the other team.

it WS like when we had Rizzo and he was offered up in a package by a poster but the other team had two better first basemen in the minors.

you need to validate your proposal with some sort of believable reason why it is good for the other team and not just good for the RS.

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year.

Jim, you obviously don't read my trade proposals to make a statement like this. I didn't elaborate on the importance of a Braun trade for both clubs because its obvios but here are a few reasons for you to consider anyway.

The Sox,

#1 Our offense "despite runs scored" is very inconsistent and nobody fears guys like Salty, Nap, Gomes or Middy like they would Braun and Papi hitting back to back.  Our team needs another legitimate RHH every day bat, if you feel we have one please tell me who.  

#2 Nobody on the farm fits this bill in the near future

#3 We could trade Ells, he will never match 2011, or have the type of consistency a guy like Manny or Braun have had.

#4 Braun has what I feel is a very reasonable contract for the talent.  Guys like Ells, Aceves, Ciriaco, Salty or Ross and even Drew are all tradeable if we can land a decent back up utility guy and move Iggy to SS.  Maybe even Gomes, if anyone wants him.  Moving forward into next season and beyond we also have plenty more salary relief to extend Braun if we feel its the right fit.

#5 Brauns bat will more than make up for Ells and allow Bradley to play a bit more with Nava.  Victorino and Nava could also share the leadoff position for now until Bradley is ready.

The Brewers, where do I begin?  They could use catching, pitching, OF, 2B and bullpen help if Braun was traded at the very least.

#1 The Brewers would be in better shape financially moving forward after losing Brauns contract. 

#2 The prospects and/or other players we include Could be like hitting the daily double.  I would offer the Brewers up to five players

... I would start by letting the Brewers choose "two or three" of the following players.  Brentz, Ciriaco, Salty, Lav or Swihart, Henry, Holt or Almanzar.

... Finally I would offer them "two" of the following young arms. 

Doubront or Morales

Webster or De La Rosa 

Too much or two little is in the eye of the beholder.  Its also pretty hard to predict the players or salaries the Brewers or Sox would ultimately agree to take on but anything is possible.

Yes I did and you threw out names. Ellsbury they would not want as they have a very good young CF and why would they take him when he is a F A  this yr. they have a C that is the same as Lav or Salty. As for the other players  you offer they already have similain on the team or in the minors. The only positive you offer is pitching. The brewers would want a MLB ready player not a hope and prayer kid. 

Btw you can not offer up trades and use the same players or bunch of bananas in trade arch.

you need to say they need x y z Id give them ABC and they fill what that team needs.

what happens if they say we want Iggy and Jr.because they are MLB ready.

Ok Jim, when you get a chance maybe you can explain why you feel the Brewers already have as good or better options as well in present positions.  With all due respect other than Gomez who is having a career year and the fact I didn't include Ells in the Brewers trade what exactly do you mean?

I suggest you look at the Bs roster and stats the C and CF either have the same numbers or better and are younger. Why would they take Ellsbury a soon FA. The rest are you offer are similar to what they have except for the pitching you offer.   LOOK at their roster and minors.

Jim, did you have a bit too much vodka on the boat :)  I never suggested in my proposal they take Ellsbury, only that we trade him after aquiring Braun.  Why didn't I include him?  Because of Gomez.  As far as their catcher Lucroy?   Salty's numbers are higher across the board so you are obviously not reading something correctly. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Braun failed a drug test because he took steriods to treat herpes. Why would you want to invest money in a guy with such poor judgement?

Actually, the steroids used for herpes are not the same as the 'anabolic' type.

The steroids used for herpes are cortisone, methylprednisolone etc.  These are different from the type used to build muscle mass etc.

Although, I honestly don't know what meds he was taking and whether even the cortisone type would test positive for 'steroid' use.

I'm not saying Braun is not guilty...  For all we know, he may have been taking both types..

Amp, some fans just jump to conclusions.  If Braun used then he should do some time and the way the Brewers are going the best time is now.  In my opinion, Selig is just as guilty as those who used for never addressing it long before he was forced to. 

Now we just have to decide on the levels of discipline and move on.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I wouldnt think about trading for this guy until all this has passed, if even at all. Also, I dont think people understand the value of the depth this team has. Guys like Salty, Drew and Ells shouldnt be traded just because a couple young guys have had a couple decent games. Having these guys has made us a deeper team that has been able to withstand injuries to Vic, Middy and Ells. Thats huge. If you just think those guys are expendable than its a good thing your not a GM.

I wouldnt give up anything for anyone right now. This team is in 1st place by 2.5 games even with some injuries, and people want to break that up? Seriously? Especially when Braun is right in the middle of this mess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I wouldnt think about trading for this guy until all this has passed, if even at all. Also, I dont think people understand the value of the depth this team has. Guys like Salty, Drew and Ells shouldnt be traded just because a couple young guys have had a couple decent games. Having these guys has made us a deeper team that has been able to withstand injuries to Vic, Middy and Ells. Thats huge. If you just think those guys are expendable than its a good thing your not a GM.

I wouldnt give up anything for anyone right now. This team is in 1st place by 2.5 games even with some injuries, and people want to break that up? Seriously? Especially when Braun is right in the middle of this mess.

southpaw,

Until yesterday Brauns name hadn't been mentioned in quite some time.  I wrote this thread before that and based on his consistency before and after the PED alligations.  Ryan would be a great addition to any club and if you look at guys who have been tagged for PEDS most show a significant decline after being mentioned and/or suspended.  Cabrera, ARod, Manny and others never put up the same numbers after the alligations so in my opinion guys like Braun and Cano are still using or may have never taken PEDS for the purpose of increasing their skills on the field.

As far as our present team, I tend to agree but still don't feel our pitching staff is capable of winning a big playoff series if we run into better pitching and Gomes is not our RHH answer.  The difference right now is like you daid "depth" and guys contributing that nobody ever expected to more often than not like Carp, Nava, Salty and Iggy.  With guys like this hitting including Drew it tends to change the entire makeup of a team.  Some fans predicted only 80 to 82 wins and no PS this season.  I predicted 88 and we make the post season so I always felt we had just enough talent.  The way things are going we could see 90 plus wins but we still have issues to resolve.

Hopefully it continues!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

southpaw,

Until yesterday Brauns name hadn't been mentioned in quite some time.  I wrote this thread before that and based on his consistency before and after the PED alligations.  Ryan would be a great addition to any club and if you look at guys who have been tagged for PEDS most show a significant decline after being mentioned and/or suspended.  Cabrera, ARod, Manny and others never put up the same numbers after the alligations so in my opinion guys like Braun and Cano are still using or may have never taken PEDS for the purpose of increasing their skills on the field.

As far as our present team, I tend to agree but still don't feel our pitching staff is capable of winning a big playoff series if we run into better pitching and Gomes is not our RHH answer.  The difference right now is like you daid "depth" and guys contributing that nobody ever expected to more often than not like Carp, Nava, Salty and Iggy.  With guys like this hitting including Drew it tends to change the entire makeup of a team.  Some fans predicted only 80 to 82 wins and no PS this season.  I predicted 88 and we make the post season so I always felt we had just enough talent.  The way things are going we could see 90 plus wins but we still have issues to resolve.

Hopefully it continues!

hey craze,
    We may need another starter depending on how our back 3 does, or injuries. They have all looked better over the last few games. Im sure the way BC has handled this team since taking over, if there is a need to address, he will take care of it the best he can. So far, IMHO, hes done a great job with this team and I trust he will take care of whatever needs taking care of.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Looks like Jake Peavy is DL bound

perhaps the Sox should trade for him?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess our fans shouldn't expect much more from a guy profiling Conan Obrien with a monkey on his back :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

southpaw,

Hopefully it continues!

hey craze,
    We may need another starter depending on how our back 3 does, or injuries. They have all looked better over the last few games. Im sure the way BC has handled this team since taking over, if there is a need to address, he will take care of it the best he can. So far, IMHO, hes done a great job with this team and I trust he will take care of whatever needs taking care of.

Agreed, I also think Farrell and Nieves are doing a solid job mixing and matching our lineup and pen. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

For the same reason you trade for Cliff Lee but obviously only one or the other if we intend on keeping our farm in tact.  The Sox need a strong #3 in the rotation and better RHH big bat.

Braun could be that missing centerpiece! 

Would the Brewers consider giving up Ryan? You never know they have a lot of other needs. Trading a guy like Braun could free up salary and get them some nice young prospects in return.  Although Nava has been an important part of our clubs success, packaging him while his stock is at its highest could be a smart option.  On the other hand, with the way Victorino gets hurt keeping Nava would probably be the best option regardless.

I don't know why all the animosity Craze...  I like the idea what with the Brewers stinking up the NL this year.  Maybe they will consider rebuilding since they lost Fielder and are not going anywhere holding onto Braun's contract to be bottom dwellers. 

The peds thing is not an issue.  He was cleared,  and is no more of a risk than Papi at this point.  I had no idea he was still younger than Nava,  interesting.  We need a power OF and I say explore the idea now that we have some talent down on the farm to interest other teams.  Let Ells walk,  let Drew walk,  maybe even Napoli...  and you practically have the money they would have been paid next season to be alotted to paying Braun.  Put Middlebrooks at 1B,  Bogaerts at 3B,  Iglesias at SS,  of course Pedey at 2B.  OF consists of Braun in LF,  JBJ in CF,  Vic in RF.  I like it.

Nevermind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

For the same reason you trade for Cliff Lee but obviously only one or the other if we intend on keeping our farm in tact.  The Sox need a strong #3 in the rotation and better RHH big bat.

Braun could be that missing centerpiece! 

Would the Brewers consider giving up Ryan? You never know they have a lot of other needs. Trading a guy like Braun could free up salary and get them some nice young prospects in return.  Although Nava has been an important part of our clubs success, packaging him while his stock is at its highest could be a smart option.  On the other hand, with the way Victorino gets hurt keeping Nava would probably be the best option regardless.

I don't know why all the animosity Craze...  I like the idea what with the Brewers stinking up the NL this year.  Maybe they will consider rebuilding since they lost Fielder and are not going anywhere holding onto Braun's contract to be bottom dwellers. 

The peds thing is not an issue.  He was cleared,  and is no more of a risk than Papi at this point.  I had no idea he was still younger than Nava,  interesting.  We need a power OF and I say explore the idea now that we have some talent down on the farm to interest other teams.  Let Ells walk,  let Drew walk,  maybe even Napoli...  and you practically have the money they would have been paid next season to be alotted to paying Braun.  Put Middlebrooks at 1B,  Bogaerts at 3B,  Iglesias at SS,  of course Pedey at 2B.  OF consists of Braun in LF,  JBJ in CF,  Vic in RF.  I like it.

Nevermind.

hey Bri, i think in some circles people still feel it was more a technicality than him actually being cleared

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Braun could be suspended 100 games

and the OP wants him

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There is no way MLB gets away with suspending those guys 100 games. They didn't actually do anything other than having a bad choice in clinics. Yes they proabably did roids but they have actually proved that.

They're going to suspend them for buying steriods and for lying about it after the fact.

This isn't a court of law.

MLB can do what it wants, within the confines of the collective bargaining agreement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

No, and not because of the mess that is unfolding. We do not need another high priced (Gonzales, Crawford, take your pick) position player. We have more than enough outfielders; and more, most likely down on the farm that haven't yet grown up. Pitching!!!! It's just not possible to have too much pitching.

Sections
Shortcuts