Wild Card Standings - September 2, 2013

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Wild Card Standings - September 2, 2013

I want the Rays out of that race. They HAVE to keep losing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

EDIT : nevermind

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Best case scenario for the Red Sox: The Red Sox win the division and Cleveland eeks out the wildcard, wins the one game playoff, and the Red Sox play them in the ALDS.

Go Cleveland!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Way back before the season started, I predicted the Sox would go .500.  @82 wind on Sept. 1, I'm happy to say I was way off base.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i predictded a positive season and .500   at least i got the positive right

As always - 100% correct!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Best case scenario for the Red Sox: The Red Sox win the division and Cleveland eeks out the wildcard, wins the one game playoff, and the Red Sox play them in the ALDS.

Go Cleveland!

The Indians at home have the Orioles up next and can help their own cause with a series win or a sweep. The Yanks are home vs the Pale hose a series they should win. The Rays play three in Anehiem vs an Angels team that is now in the role of spoiler. While the A's at home play the Rangers have the toughest go of the wildcard teams.The Sox play the Tigers @ Fenway a series that could swing the balance of power in the race for the best record...it should be a great beginning to September baseball...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Go Cleveland!

I would love to see the Tribe make the playoffs.  Wouldn't it be sweet if they kept the Rays, Os, and Yankees out of postseason?   Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

This is the first time I can remember the Red Sox are not searching for a Wild Card spot and for a good reason; the Red Sox are going to win the division.

Don't you remember 2007?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Never ever wish for the Yankees to win a game.... unless they are officially out of contention and a victory helps our team to a better place. Go Red Sox!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees make the playoffs this season.  They are a lot healthier and have been winning many of their games recently.   It is also nice to see the Rays losing and I would be very happy to see them not make the playoffs this season.  As I have stated many times I really dislike the Rays. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank you Oakland and Angels for beating up on the Rays.  Laughing

A 5.5-game lead (4 in the loss-column) over the Rays with 23 games to go.  

There will be NO Sept meltdown this year!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I want to see the Red Sox and Yankees face off in the playoffs this year.   Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i predictded a positive season and .500   at least i got the positive right

As always - 100% correct!

The statement about comparing this team to the Titanic was a "positive"?

LOL!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

You want the Rays out of the race, but I also want the Yankees out of the race.  I rather to face Oakland or Orioles in the first round playoff!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Beware of the Yankees. They are vastly improved from earlier. We have two more with Detroit, while they beat up on Chicago. Then we go there for four. This is our chance to finish them off , or let them right back into the race. By no means have we clinched the division. History tells you to watch out for New York.  Rooting for the Yankees to beat the Rays , or anyone , is very foolish. The Yankees are always the number one enemy.

Stabbed by Foulke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

This is the first time I can remember the Red Sox are not searching for a Wild Card spot and for a good reason; the Red Sox are going to win the division.

It ain't over yet.

I'm never one to be the voice of doom and gloom, but I've been forever scarred by 1974 and 1978 (and winning 97 in 1977 and not makng the playoffs). So while I never think the Sox are out of it until all mathematical possibilites tell me so, I'll never say the Sox ARE going to win the Division or WILL make the playoffs until it offically happens.

I felt this way in 2011 when everyone saying the playoffs were a done deal in August. I'm not expecting a collapse or anything like that, but there's always that nagging possibility in the back of your head.

So as the old cliche goes -- just take it one game at a time. This is the most nerveracking time of the year when your team is close but not close enough. Earlier in the year if your teams slumps, there's enough time to get back on track. This time of year, if your team slumps, you might not have the time to recover.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The best I did was say '3rd' place finish... and that was a week or two before the season started... I was feeling optomistic.

What happen to that tool targorocks? He said the Sox would finish with like 84 wins after Yankees series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Beware of the Yankees. They are vastly improved from earlier. We have two more with Detroit, while they beat up on Chicago. Then we go there for four. This is our chance to finish them off , or let them right back into the race. By no means have we clinched the division. History tells you to watch out for New York.  Rooting for the Yankees to beat the Rays , or anyone , is very foolish. The Yankees are always the number one enemy.

Stabbed by Foulke.

I do agree, 2011 is still fresh in my mind. going to be a tough one tonight against Scherzer. Anything can happen. If the Red Sox can split in Yankee stadium and take 2 out of 3 from Tampa I will be happy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You want the Rays out of the race, but I also want the Yankees out of the race.  I rather to face Oakland or Orioles in the first round playoff!!

[/QUOTE]

I think it goes without saying that I want the Yankees out of the race. Ask anyone who posts here how I feel about them. :)

Having said that, I think the Rays would be a bigger problem for us. JMO

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

The second coming of the Idiots can take care of the Yankees. Complete with lots of hair.

25. This post has been removed.