Will Betts get some looks at 2B with Pedy out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Will Betts get some looks at 2B with Pedy out?

It must be a tempting scenariuo for Farrell to think about. Having both Middlebrooks and Bogaertsa in the lineup at the same time is like waving a white flag. Bogaerts is a terrible SS; was in April, and still is in August. The team can survive (win now and then) with Middlebrooks and Holt on the left side. Mookie took to CF like he knew what he was doing, and now I think they'd like to see him at his chosen position. What say you, baseball gurus of the Fens,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Will Betts get some looks at 2B with Pedy out?

Why?

He's not likely to play 2B in Boston for any long period, barring injury to Pedroia. 

I want Betts as a starting OF next season, either CF or RF, whjich ever one Castillo doesn't play.  Let him play there for now and in the future.

Unless you think the Sox should be showcasing him for other teams in a trade.  Certainly a lot of teams figure to be asking for him in potential blockbuster deals..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Why? 

He's not likely to play 2B in Boston for any long period, barring injury to Pedroia. 

I want Betts as a starting OF next season, either CF or RF, whjich ever one Castillo doesn't play.  Let him play there for now and in the future.

Unless you think the Sox should be showcasing him for other teams in a trade.  Certainly a lot of teams figure to be asking for him in potential blockbuster deals. 

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

DAD does not think so .........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No, you'll see Middlebrooks at 3B, Boegarts at SS and Holt at 2B

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

It must be a tempting scenariuo for Farrell to think about. Having both Middlebrooks and Bogaertsa in the lineup at the same time is like waving a white flag. Bogaerts is a terrible SS; was in April, and still is in August. The team can survive (win now and then) with Middlebrooks and Holt on the left side. Mookie took to CF like he knew what he was doing, and now I think they'd like to see him at his chosen position. What say you, baseball gurus of the Fens,

At this point I really hope not, we need to stop bouncing our youngsters all over the field.  Mookie is finally getting comfortable in the OF after everyone realizing Pede isn't going anywhere soon so keep him there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

No way

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Middlebrooks won't be on this team next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Craze were you saying a couple of weeks ago he didn't have the arm for 3 B. I know you aren't big on "bouncing" the kids around---if we had a shot at a playoff spot I might possibly--extremely remote possibility--agree with you. We can't see a WC with binoculars. I say play everybody you want to experiment with anyplace on the field. I want to know everything about every kid on this team by the time the GM's meet. Who stays and who we part with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

He's talking about next week.  The absence of Pedroia was meant to be a clue...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Why?

Unless you think the Sox should be showcasing him for other teams in a trade.  Certainly a lot of teams figure to be asking for him in potential blockbuster deals..

No need to showcase him. He's as much talked about as any body. No, this would introduce him to the infield shifts, signals, etc. should they try him out at 3rd. I think in their mind, next year's outfield is projected as Betts, Castillo and Cespedes---IF Castillo works out. Which position, right now, I think is the only ?

The height of insanity would be in even considering Betts for a trade. You're looking at a probable  multi-year all-star. HE'S APPROACHING HIS 22ND BIRTHDAY!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

IF MIDDLEBROOKS IS ON THE TEAM NEXT YEAR, WE ARE IN TROUBLE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Craze were you saying a couple of weeks ago he didn't have the arm for 3 B. I know you aren't big on "bouncing" the kids around---if we had a shot at a playoff spot I might possibly--extremely remote possibility--agree with you. We can't see a WC with binoculars. I say play everybody you want to experiment with anyplace on the field. I want to know everything about every kid on this team by the time the GM's meet. Who stays and who we part with.

I read somewhere Betts may not have the arm to play 3B but have never really witnessed it so who knows.  It's looking more like a Betts, Ces and Castillo OF but there has to be a plan to bring in a more consistent slugger if we intend on contending.  This team has way too many OF's, while Holt, Bogy and Checchini can't hold down 3B and Middy simply can't hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nothing is more obvious than that Betts must switch to the OF if for no other than reason--besides the fact the Pedroia owns 2B--than that he has probably the best wheels on the team.  About two weeks or so ago I said he makes too many mistakes in CF but am happy to say I was wrong.  

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts