Will Dustin Pedroia have a Jeter-like career with the Red Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Will Dustin Pedroia have a Jeter-like career with the Red Sox?

In Response to Re: Will Dustin Pedroia have a Jeter-like career with the Red Sox?:
    [QUOTE] Each has won Rookie of Year honors, but only Pedroia has been his league's MVP.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Only Jeter has been All-Star game MVP and World Series MVP  (both in the same season).  They are both very talented players and I do think Pedey has a chance at having a career similar to Jeters. The deciding factor will be if he can stay healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Guess that I just want  to enjoy Pedroia instead of spending hours of my time comparing his stats vs. Jeter. When you walk out into a rose garden do take pictures and come in and spend hours researching the Internet comparing those two roses.? Why not just enjoy life instead of making it debateable and complex.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Pedroia like Youk are untouchable in my book. It does not matter if Cano is slightly better, I will take our guy every time. Now comparing him to Jeter... why?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

So why the thread and the responses?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronho. Show ronho's posts

Pin, I agree with your statment that his body won't hold up with his style of play. But while he lasts it will be fun to see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----. Show --The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to Will Dustin Pedroia have a Jeter-like career with the Red Sox?:
    [QUOTE]By the end of next season, Dustin Pedroia shoud have his 1000th Major League hit as he enters his prime at age 29.  Even with Gonzalez, Pedroia may be the face of this franchise and a guy that it will be tough to picture wearing any other uniform.  Assuming that he remains a memeber of the Red Sox throughout his career and assuming that his best days are still ahead of him (which is likely the case), Dustin Pedroia may be looking at his 3000 Major League hit in his late 30's. Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Laughable at best..... the hobbit has no chance and it's even worse that mongo the fanboy would even bring his name up in the same sentence as Jeter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----. Show --The--Babe----'s posts

In Response to Will Dustin Pedroia have a Jeter-like career with the Red Sox?:
    [QUOTE]By the end of next season, Dustin Pedroia shoud have his 1000th Major League hit as he enters his prime at age 29.  Even with Gonzalez, Pedroia may be the face of this franchise and a guy that it will be tough to picture wearing any other uniform.  Assuming that he remains a memeber of the Red Sox throughout his career and assuming that his best days are still ahead of him (which is likely the case), Dustin Pedroia may be looking at his 3000 Major League hit in his late 30's. Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Plus, let me know when he wins 4 rings in his first 5 seasons........he's not even close to being in Jeter's class.......stop your nonsense mongo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Will Dustin Pedroia have a Jeter-like career with the Red Sox?:
    [QUOTE]Pedey and Agon both have real shots. It will take hard work and they would have to stay as productive as they are now for the rest of their careers. That being said The next person to do it will be Damon in 3 seasons
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's Ichiro. He's never had a MLB season where he hasn't had 200 hits. Technically, if you include his Japan career he's probably closer to 4,000 by now. I think Chipper Jones is up there. I was surprised to see that Damon was that close. Good for him too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Dustin Pedroia have a Jeter-like career with the Red Sox? : Maybe it's Ichiro. He's never had a MLB season where he hasn't had 200 hits. Technically, if you include his Japan career he's probably closer to 4,000 by now. I think Chipper Jones is up there. I was surprised to see that Damon was that close. Good for him too.
    Posted by emp9[/QUOTE]
    I believe Ichiro Suzuki has 3,623 hits between Japan and the United States.