Will Ellsbury Play for the Sox in 2012 or 2013?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Will Ellsbury Play for the Sox in 2012 or 2013?

has said some pretty racist stuff in the past

Wow, he should be put in prison for that. What specifically did he state about multi-ethnic native American ancestry and non-native American ancestry being inferior to those who have the same skin color as Ted Kennedy used to have?

I'm deeply concerned with the racist comments about Papelbon and Ortiz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Or you could adopt my suspicion that it is the opposite:  a big, fat, repressed, hopeless crush

My suspicion is that it is you have the "big, fat, repressed, hopeless crush", and project the same with regards to criticisms of players that you truly love;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Drew had a great arm, good instincts in the outfield, and a great eye at the plate. But, especially at Boston where he was getting paid $70M, he had no wheels and, really not much of a bat. His best year was with the Braves in 2004, and ellsbury's year in 2011 was better. Drew never came in second in MVP voting, and almost all of his injuries were self-induced--vertigo, bad hammy, bad back, etc, etc. Throughout his five years in Boston, he never had more than 64 rbi's in a single year even though Boston always had a high scoring offense. Heck, last year Ellsbury had 105 rbi's batting leadoff and 33 dingers, more than Drew ever had in any season, even 2004. In 2009 Ellsbury led the Sox in hits and MLB in SBs. Even with a so-so arm, he is closer to a five tool player than Drew was. How many gold gloves did Drew win?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Will Ellsbury Play for the Sox in 2012 or 2013?:
    [QUOTE]Or you could adopt my suspicion that it is the opposite:  a big, fat, repressed, hopeless crush My suspicion is that it is you have the "big, fat, repressed, hopeless crush", and project the same with regards to criticisms of players that you truly love;)
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Hank, I do think Ellsbury is very cute.  But, a. as you know, I really have no issue with homosexuality, in fact I think gay is great, so, there would be no repression in my supposed crush.  B. for my own suspicions of you, I am simply taking a guess as to why you are so unbelievably crazy in your hatred of Ellsbury.  Usually, there is an underlying psychological/emotional cause that is too deep for proper expression in such cases, so the expression comes out in distorted intensity.  What makes most sense in my admittedly overly-simplistic pop-sych analysis, given how stardust Jacoby made you so mad when everyone fell in love with him in 07, and given your own homophobia (or whatever you want to call it), is that it is repressed desire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Will Ellsbury Play for the Sox in 2012 or 2013?": Softy does not like Ellsbury because he is Native America. He is has pretty much admitted and has said some pretty racist stuff in the past. He has calmed it down because of the repeated banning.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

That's correct but incomplete, Joe.  Between his grossly offensive slurs against Native Americans and recent post-banning calming down, for about 14 months he claimed he was part Cherokee.  He now denies that too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Hank, Space's theory matches what I've always thought with regard to the root of your supposed hatred of Ellsbury. You may want to re-think the way you present yourself here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Hank, I do think Ellsbury is very cute.  But, a. as you know, I really have no issue with homosexuality, in fact I think gay is great, so, there would be no repression in my supposed crush.  

Space, your projections are stilted and thinly masked to further the real agenda you have. The irony is that you manifest the very psychological disturbance that you falsely attempt to use as a bugaboo to distract from your real agenda. The former New Jersey governer, who also publicly opined that "Gay is great", still, for a time, represeed his "feelings" for those he viewed as "cute". You, too, should end your current phony relationship and let the inner you out and send Ellsbury a text message that you and your spouse will call it off and announce that you are now "gay". 

And for readers, please note that it was Space, a NYT favorite, who injected the ad hom barroom psych diagnosis narrative into this thread. He did so because of his animus towards words and comments he doesn't like. His intelligence is so low, he borrowed an old "8th grade" level bugaboo to attempt to distract from the narrative of the thread and project his own fantasy on the messenger.

Now, Space, in your impish drivel, I want you do something that the media refuses to do.

I want you to define "Gay".

I also want you to define "Homosexual".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Between his grossly offensive slurs against Native Americans

Wow, he should be banned for those. What, specifically, were they?

Also, shouldn't I be banned for being genocidal? Even it was your joke, someone who warrants the brunt of a joke about being genocidal is hardly fit for commenting on a board with your intellectual integrity;)  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Adrian Gonzalez is not a superstar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Hank, I do think Ellsbury is very cute.  But, a. as you know, I really have no issue with homosexuality, in fact I think gay is great, so, there would be no repression in my supposed crush.    Space, your projections are stilted and thinly masked to further the real agenda you have. The irony is that you manifest the very psychological disturbance that you falsely attempt to use as a bugaboo to distract from your real agenda. The former New Jersey governer, who also publicly opined that "Gay is great", still, for a time, represeed his "feelings" for those he viewed as "cute". You, too, should end your current phony relationship and let the inner you out and send Ellsbury a text message that you and your spouse will call it off and announce that you are now "gay".  And for readers, please note that it was Space, a NYT favorite, who injected the ad hom barroom psych diagnosis narrative into this thread. He did so because of his animus towards words and comments he doesn't like. His intelligence is so low, he borrowed an old "8th grade" level bugaboo to attempt to distract from the narrative of the thread and project his own fantasy on the messenger. Now, Space, in your impish drivel, I want you do something that the media refuses to do. I want you to define "Gay". I also want you to define "Homosexual".

oh good.  I haven't had a Softy "ad hom" hurled my way in a long time.  i thought you didn't care about me anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

My dad was right when he used to say, "never wrestle with a pig because he doesn't care how dirty it gets." 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]Hank, I do think Ellsbury is very cute.  But, a. as you know, I really have no issue with homosexuality, in fact I think gay is great, so, there would be no repression in my supposed crush.    Space, your projections are stilted and thinly masked to further the real agenda you have. The irony is that you manifest the very psychological disturbance that you falsely attempt to use as a bugaboo to distract from your real agenda. The former New Jersey governer, who also publicly opined that "Gay is great", still, for a time, represeed his "feelings" for those he viewed as "cute". You, too, should end your current phony relationship and let the inner you out and send Ellsbury a text message that you and your spouse will call it off and announce that you are now "gay".  And for readers, please note that it was Space, a NYT favorite, who injected the ad hom barroom psych diagnosis narrative into this thread. He did so because of his animus towards words and comments he doesn't like. His intelligence is so low, he borrowed an old "8th grade" level bugaboo to attempt to distract from the narrative of the thread and project his own fantasy on the messenger. Now, Space, in your impish drivel, I want you do something that the media refuses to do. I want you to define "Gay". I also want you to define "Homosexual".

Looks like space struck a nerve.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Drew had a great arm, good instincts in the outfield, and a great eye at the plate. But, especially at Boston where he was getting paid $70M, he had no wheels and, really not much of a bat. His best year was with the Braves in 2004, and ellsbury's year in 2011 was better. Drew never came in second in MVP voting, and almost all of his injuries were self-induced--vertigo, bad hammy, bad back, etc, etc. Throughout his five years in Boston, he never had more than 64 rbi's in a single year even though Boston always had a high scoring offense. Heck, last year Ellsbury had 105 rbi's batting leadoff and 33 dingers, more than Drew ever had in any season, even 2004. In 2009 Ellsbury led the Sox in hits and MLB in SBs. Even with a so-so arm, he is closer to a five tool player than Drew was. How many gold gloves did Drew win?

Anyone on here want to claim Ellsbury has a "so-so" arm? Define your silly cliche, yourself, don't let me do it, but I assume you mean fair arm;) Ellsbury doesn't have what one could call a MLB OF caliber arm, at all.

I notice how you have attempted to compare the two players based on Ellsbury's 2009 season for the Red Sox, and limit Drew's career to the last stage of his career with the Red Sox. OK, I'm going to play along for your own pride and pejudice with our own "Nancy Ells".

JD Drew with Red Sox Average HR  15 per season (includes last platoon season)

Nancy Ells                 Average HR  5.5 HR (I helped you out by not counting 2007 and this uncompleted year for the great Ted Williams, I mean Ellsbury

JD Drew with Red Sox Average RBI  57 (includes last platoon season)

Nancy Ells                 Average RBI 53 (excludes 2007 and this year)

JD Drew with Red Sox Average Runs 68 (includes last platoon season)

Nancy Ells                 Average Runs 80 (excludes 2007 and this year)
    *Note on Runs  Nancy Ells was mostly in leadoff position in front of the best hitters but at least he wins one runs produced per season average category

JD Drew with Red Sox Average OBP .372 (includes last platoon season)

Nancy Ells                 Average OBP .315 (excludes 2007 and this year)

JD Drew with Red Sox Average SLG .454 (includes last platoon season)

Nancy Ells                 Average SLG .448 (excludes 2007 and this year)

JD Drew with Red Sox Average OPS .826 (includes last platoon season)

Nancy Ells                 Average OPS .763 (excludes 2007 and this year)

JD Drew with Red Sox Average GP 121.2    (includes last platoon season)

Nancy Ells                 Average GP 118 (excludes 2007 and this year)

Pretty clear that, with the Red Sox, Drew was far more productive than the great prima donna, Nancy Els. The amusing part is how many bigoted Red Sox fans perceive Drew as a "nancy" slug, when Ellsbury has averaged less Games played per season in Boston than Drew has. And I didn't even include this 2012 MIA season for Nancy Els! LMAO!

In addition, Drew was the starting full season OF'er for the 2007 title team. Ever since Ellsbury became a starting Red Sox OF'er, the Red Sox have been big losers.

Career wise, it's not even close! Ellsbury has never had a single season with an OPS over 1.0.

Drew will finish his career with a higher OBP, SLG, OPS, HR, RBI's than the great Nancy Els.

Note: Nancy Els is not young anymore. In fact, his best days are on the past because he relies on speed, the least important part of a baseball player's skillset. Baseball isn't a track meet. The best OF'ers have never been the fastest OF'ers. Dwight Evans was one of the best OF'er defenders, and he was actually quite slow compared to a lot of his position playing peers. 

The irony is that Ellsbury will be seeking more than Double what Drew's base pay was on Boston, but he is an inferior player to Drew. Crawford is what Ellsbury will be seeking, and the biggest fool GM on the earth will be the one to win the Nancy Els FA bidding heepstakes for a player whose best years aren't going to be in his 30's.

The Boston bigotry is behind the way Drew and Nancy Els are perceived. If just the Boston media and fanbase were noted, one would be fooled into thinking that Ellsbury was a superstar and Drew was a grossly inferior career comparison to the great Nancy Els. Of course, a simply look at the broad based numbers, in Boston and career, would sober up all but the pink hat "he's cute" girls and, lest not forget Space's injection, the "gays" too;)  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ellsbury Play for the Sox in 2012 or 2013? : oh good.  I haven't had a Softy "ad hom" hurled my way in a long time.  i thought you didn't care about me anymore.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    What was that great band name again? ... "ad hom" ... something ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

Ellsbury relied on speed last year to hit 30 Homeruns and drive in over 100. Shows how stupid you really are Softy. Drew doesnt even compare to Ellsbury as a ballplayer. To compare a guy who has finished his career with a guy who is entering his prime is ludicrous. Drew was a major flop his whole career. For his career high in RBI's as a Sox player to be 64 is embarassing since he got paid to be a run producer. Here is what Ells is better at than Drew. Speed, power, baserunning, fielding, run production and smiling.