Will Forget Baseball Sunday AM and watch Argentina and Germany...how about you guys ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Will Forget Baseball Sunday AM and watch Argentina and Germany...how about you guys ?

Unfortunately I can't include a photo I saw with the current pope and previous one kneeling in a pew and praying. Obvious intention was to show that some magical religious powers influenced this final between Argentina and Germany. If true, I sure wish I knew these popes were soccer fans as I could have gotten great odds just on these 2 teams being at this spot now.

Germany is a heavy favorite having thrashed favorite Brazil 7-1 but in no World Cup on Latin American soil has a non-Latin team won. Also, the current Pope has Argentine roots...take the spread whatever it is in Vegas...one, two goals. Argentina has not won a game by more than 1 goal. But I do like the Italian player Messi and as I am Italian the team has 40% Italian roots and Italy and USA are both out of it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Will Forget Baseball Sunday AM and watch Argentina and Germany...how about you guys ?

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately I can't include a photo I saw with the current pope and previous one kneeling in a pew and praying. Obvious intention was to show that some magical religious powers influenced this final between Argentina and Germany. If true, I sure wish I knew these popes were soccer fans as I could have gotten great odds just on these 2 teams being at this spot now.

Germany is a heavy favorite having thrashed favorite Brazil 7-1 but in no World Cup on Latin American soil has a non-Latin team won. Also, the current Pope has Argentine roots...take the spread whatever it is in Vegas...one, two goals. Argentina has not won a game by more than 1 goal. But I do like the Italian player Messi and as I am Italian the team has 40% Italian roots and Italy and USA are both out of it.

[/QUOTE]

Watching Soccer is like watching grass grow!  Very boring and my neck gets sore from going back and forth with no results..... If Sox score one run every game would you watch? If BRUINS scored one goal every game would you watch? ..ok maybe if lucky 2 goals in soccer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Will Forget Baseball Sunday AM and watch Argentina and Germany...how about you guys ?

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I predict Messi 2 - 1 Germany

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

On the contrary, don, football is extremely exciting to most people, that's why it's the most popular sport in the world by far...in 229 countries, anyway.

No timeouts, no commercial advertising, 90% of the time a furious, up and down the pitch match.  "boring" is what people say about things they don't understand...you know, the way many people call baseball boring.

Goals?  It's 2.70 in the world cup so far, normally higher in club games for obvious reasons.

I suppose it's like sex....scoring is very exciting, but so is foreplay.  Ask your wife!  ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Not a Soccer guy, but if you like it enjoy the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the contrary, don, football is extremely exciting to most people, that's why it's the most popular sport in the world by far...in 229 countries, anyway.

No timeouts, no commercial advertising, 90% of the time a furious, up and down the pitch match.  "boring" is what people say about things they don't understand...you know, the way many people call baseball boring.

Goals?  It's 2.70 in the world cup so far, normally higher in club games for obvious reasons.

I suppose it's like sex....scoring is very exciting, but so is foreplay.  Ask your wife!  ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha  good come back..... lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Current pope is Argentinian

Previous pope was German

This is why the US will never become a soccer superstar.

IRT watching the game, no.  I don't understand enough about the game, and have no rooting interest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Some of those 229 countries throw rocks at tanks also. That's how smart they are.... lol lol lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Speaking of the pope, I'd rather go to church than watch soccer; and I never go to church. Hope the pope has a good game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not a single chance among billions, not one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

if soccer is all that

Y the need 4 U guys 2 come 2 a baseball board to talk about it

at least go to a football board and pretend U were confused

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Nah, I don't think so. Too much room for corruption in big time soccer and it's there. Officials, Field Judges, Key players have all been bribed. Tons of money is bet on WCS, more than on the World Series and Super Bowl combined. Two teams play each other to a tie in regulation then move into a round of penalty kicks to decide a winner? Why not have the penalty kick round precede every quarter then move into regulation ? Anything to speed up or add interest to a wildly and  vastly popular International Game. Not for me though. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Watching Soccer is like watching grass grow!  Very boring and my neck gets sore from going back and forth with no results..... If Sox score one run every game would you watch? If BRUINS scored one goal every game would you watch? ..ok maybe if lucky 2 goals in soccer.

Only a few more minutes to game time. Lately, the Sox have not been scoring too many runs over 1---Ha and LOL!

I am a former Marine and enjoyed boxing so I liked sports with physical contact. Yup, not much in soccer but I can't think of a sport requiring more endurance( speaking of endurance box a 3 min round with someone trying to knock you out & you trying to do the same and you realize importance of endurance), hockey, rugby yup because contact involved but one thing nice as opposed to needing to be 250-300 lbs for football or 6'-5"-7' for basketball, size except for the goal keeper needing to be tall is not a factor. Messi considered by many to be the best player is only 5'7". I like Tennis too and always liked Rod Laver, 5'6".  Could be boring to watch so don't watch...do you like watching golf, fishing etc.  Yup, I love our Sox, Celtics & Patriots but I like too getting a little ethnicy & patriotic rooting for Italia---poor showing---and our USA team.