Will Jerry Remy be back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Will Jerry Remy be back?

In response to sjddaj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Haven't been around in awhile, so apologies if this has been addressed (I am not about to ready the entire thread).

I have for the longest time felt that this question is one of the most ridiculous things.  Then I just realized, what is the reason Remy is considering not coming back?  Is it for respect of the family (which I always thought was the issue), or is it that he is just too emotionally "messed up", embarrassed, etc.,  to be able to concentrate and call the game properly?

As mentioned, I have always thought it was for respect of the family.  Which in my opinion, would be absurd.  Heartfelt thoughts out to the girls family.  Remy has already gave his sincere condolences and then some by bowing  out last season.   But, Remdawg didn't murder the girl, his son did.  Why should he, and then ultimatly Sox nation, Orsillo, and others have to pay the price by Remy not coming back?

His son deserves what ever he has coming to him, and again, deepest sympathy to the girls family.   But, it is absurd for everyone to have to pay for an act that was committed by someone else.

Now, if Remdawg feels he can't announce properly because of personal/physical/mental situaiton.  Then that is a different story.  Hopefully, he can put it behind him though and realize, as hurt and/or as embarrasseed as he may be.   He didn't do anything wrong.  Obviously, I hope he comes back.

[/QUOTE]

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will remy be back?  Good question.  The man has had his share of ups and downs.  I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. 

Who know what goes on behind closed doors. Yes, parents are certainly a large part of their children's formation but adult children are responsible for their own actions.

I know of more than one family who has raised saints and sinners.  Same parents, same environment different outcomes.  We are all capable of choosing great good or great evil.

Remy's kids chose evil, it's on them.

Remy has battled cancer and depression.  Now this.  That's a lot for one person to deal with.  If he comes back or chooses to retire I wish him all the best.  If it were me I would retire, but who knows what remy will do.

I like eck more than remy but either is fine.  I too have to listen to the sox on the mlb channel. The guys are a lot better than most.  Have you ever listened to the dogers announcer? ZZZZZZ

This is a sad story no matter how you view it.

Very well said !!

Wait for it. Wait for it. Bill is only 126 posts away from 17,000. It doesn't hurt that Bill is also 'dumb as a post.'

[/QUOTE] Even your buddy the "BIG O" would call you a very RUDE person !!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm... yeah..

You've been asked nicely more than once by more than one person to please stop posting your political jabs on the Red Sox forums and yet you continue to do it... and you call other people rude??? 

Please get the message. I can't put it any plainer than this:  People don't want that crap here and for you to continue to post it is the height of rudeness.  If you decide to continue you can expect the criticism to continue. OR you can stop.  It's up to you. 

[/QUOTE]

Come on s5 bill has been great lately.  Tvfrank bates bill and you go after bill, really?  I don't respond to tvfrank because he doesn't post anything of interest.

Tvfrank is rude, plain and simple.  Calling someone dumb is rude. I thought we were all past the childish name calling.  I wish bill would just ignore tvfrank because there is no point to do a back and forth with him.

I believe you are better than this s5

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know, *I* think I'm better than this too, but my breaking point has been reached.  In the beginning I saw Bill as being some old guy (ostensibly with bad eyesight - which is now in question) who was unable to get outside and his only contact with real life was things like this Sox chat board, so I cut him a lot of slack with his politics.  But now I and many other posters have had enough.

He's been asked nicely - and not so nicely - to stop with the politics here and he continues to ignore those requests.  It's not just Bill being baited.  You say he's been better lately but just a couple of days ago Bill STARTED a thread about 'Bengazhi, the Big O and Obamacare'.  How is that being baited?? He can't make three consecutive posts without throwing in a "Big -O" comment and I and several others have had enough of it. He claims to be a patriot and yet continues to disrespect the Office of the President of the United States.  How is that being a patriot?  Your party lost the election.  Live with it and wait until the next election.  That's how it works.  

And this doesn't even touch on the fact that he now has ~17,000 posts saying "BINGO" or the like. Note to Bill:  Quantity is not the same as quality.

In spite of Bill's denials I'm still not convinced that he's not Softy with a new way to disrupt the board. 

It's not unreasonable to ask Bill to keep his political comments and innuendos to the political board and as long as he keeps doing what he's doing I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.  The ball is in Bill's court.   

[/QUOTE]

Well said S and agree 100%.  The predictable response from Bill will be "Here we go young man....this is how the lib left soc tries to control everybody.  As the big O would say....What Difference Does it Make!!?  Oh...and by the way, everything in Mexico is horrible!!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm... yeah..

You've been asked nicely more than once by more than one person to please stop posting your political jabs on the Red Sox forums and yet you continue to do it... and you call other people rude??? 

Please get the message. I can't put it any plainer than this:  People don't want that crap here and for you to continue to post it is the height of rudeness.  If you decide to continue you can expect the criticism to continue. OR you can stop.  It's up to you. 

[/QUOTE]

Come on s5 bill has been great lately.  Tvfrank bates bill and you go after bill, really?  I don't respond to tvfrank because he doesn't post anything of interest.

Tvfrank is rude, plain and simple.  Calling someone dumb is rude. I thought we were all past the childish name calling.  I wish bill would just ignore tvfrank because there is no point to do a back and forth with him.

[/QUOTE]

Open your eyes, 67.

Bill isn't trying to be "great".

He's trying to be annoying to satisfy some warped need for attention.

In spite of his "you're rude" comments, he welcomes all attention, positive or negative.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm... yeah..

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Open your eyes, 67.

In spite of his "you're rude" comments, he welcomes all attention, positive or negative.

[/QUOTE]

The solution to that my friend is to ignore him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will remy be back?  Good question.  The man has had his share of ups and downs.  I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. 

Who know what goes on behind closed doors. Yes, parents are certainly a large part of their children's formation but adult children are responsible for their own actions.

I know of more than one family who has raised saints and sinners.  Same parents, same environment different outcomes.  We are all capable of choosing great good or great evil.

Remy's kids chose evil, it's on them.

Remy has battled cancer and depression.  Now this.  That's a lot for one person to deal with.  If he comes back or chooses to retire I wish him all the best.  If it were me I would retire, but who knows what remy will do.

I like eck more than remy but either is fine.  I too have to listen to the sox on the mlb channel. The guys are a lot better than most.  Have you ever listened to the dogers announcer? ZZZZZZ

This is a sad story no matter how you view it.

Very well said !!

Wait for it. Wait for it. Bill is only 126 posts away from 17,000. It doesn't hurt that Bill is also 'dumb as a post.'

[/QUOTE] Even your buddy the "BIG O" would call you a very RUDE person !!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm... yeah..

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know, *I* think I'm better than this too, but my breaking point has been reached.  In the beginning I saw Bill as being some old guy (ostensibly with bad eyesight - which is now in question) who was unable to get outside and his only contact with real life was things like this Sox chat board, so I cut him a lot of slack with his politics.  But now I and many other posters have had enough.

I hear what you're saying, I do.  But how is backing tvfrank and his attacks helping?  There are many here who attack me but I have chosen to either ignore them if they use childish name calling or to engage them in a great debate if they want to keep it civil.

He's been asked nicely - and not so nicely - to stop with the politics here and he continues to ignore those requests.  It's not just Bill being baited.  You say he's been better lately but just a couple of days ago Bill STARTED a thread about 'Bengazhi, the Big O and Obamacare'.  How is that being baited?? He can't make three consecutive posts without throwing in a "Big -O" comment and I and several others have had enough of it.

He claims to be a patriot and yet continues to disrespect the Office of the President of the United States.  How is that being a patriot?  Your party lost the election.  Live with it and wait until the next election.  That's how it works.

This is a republic with certain freedoms, at least for now.  We have freedom of speech in this country and are allowed to criticize those in public office who are elected to serve us, thankfully.  Obama's numbers have crashed in the last 12 months so the majority of americans believe the president is doing a bad job.  Bill, I and others believe obama is doing a terrible job.  

Patriots love their country and want what's best for americans.  We believe obama has hurt more than helped.  Obamacare is a good example.  He is not a dictator, we have a right to speak our mind.

We are not disrespecting the office of the presidency.  If anyone did that it was bill clinton and his girlfriend.

Please everyone, don't attack me for talking politics.  I'm simply having a nice back and forth with S5.

I agree that this is a sox board but...  Posters bring up lots of subjects here that have nothing to do with the sox.  The gay basketball player comes to mind.  If a poster agrees with the majority here then talking about other things is fine.  If a poster doesn't agree with the majority here then they are attacked for not talking sox.

And this doesn't even touch on the fact that he now has ~17,000 posts saying "BINGO" or the like. Note to Bill:  Quantity is not the same as quality.

Bingo is harmless as far as I'm concerned.  To me it's the same as 'I agree', 'well said', or +1.

In spite of Bill's denials I'm still not convinced that he's not Softy with a new way to disrupt the board. 

It's not unreasonable to ask Bill to keep his political comments and innuendos to the political board and as long as he keeps doing what he's doing I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.  The ball is in Bill's court.   

[/QUOTE]

If you feel the need to police what bill says so be it.  I still think you are a good person Wink

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, I do.  But how is backing tvfrank and his attacks helping?  There are many here who attack me but I have chosen to either ignore them if they use childish name calling or to engage them in a great debate if they want to keep it civil.

He's been asked nicely - and not so nicely - to stop with the politics here and he continues to ignore those requests.  It's not just Bill being baited.  You say he's been better lately but just a couple of days ago Bill STARTED a thread about 'Bengazhi, the Big O and Obamacare'.  How is that being baited?? He can't make three consecutive posts without throwing in a "Big -O" comment and I and several others have had enough of it.

He claims to be a patriot and yet continues to disrespect the Office of the President of the United States.  How is that being a patriot?  Your party lost the election.  Live with it and wait until the next election.  That's how it works.

This is a republic with certain freedoms, at least for now.  We have freedom of speech in this country and are allowed to criticize those in public office who are elected to serve us, thankfully.  Obama's numbers have crashed in the last 12 months so the majority of americans believe the president is doing a bad job.  Bill, I and others believe obama is doing a terrible job.  

Patriots love their country and want what's best for americans.  We believe obama has hurt more than helped.  Obamacare is a good example.  He is not a dictator, we have a right to speak our mind.

We are not disrespecting the office of the presidency.  If anyone did that it was bill clinton and his girlfriend.

Please everyone, don't attack me for talking politics.  I'm simply having a nice back and forth with S5.

I agree that this is a sox board but...  Posters bring up lots of subjects here that have nothing to do with the sox.  The gay basketball player comes to mind.  If a poster agrees with the majority here then talking about other things is fine.  If a poster doesn't agree with the majority here then they are attacked for not talking sox.

Bingo is harmless as far as I'm concerned.  To me it's the same as 'I agree', 'well said', or +1.

[/QUOTE]

If you feel the need to police what bill says so be it.  I still think you are a good person Wink

[/QUOTE]
    Thank you. I do too.  :-)

Rather than hijack this entire thread even more with this discussion I'll say only that I respect your opinion and your right to it.  

As for me, my opinion hasn't changed and judging from some of the comments I'm reading I would say that I'm not the only one who feels this way.  What bothers me is that Bill is WINNING.  He's been asked repeatedly to stop with the political slams but he intentionally continues to do it for the same reason that "music" now has lyrics that would offend a sailor and anti-abortion people can show pictures of aborted fetuses.  BECAUSE HE CAN.  In his own way Bill is a troll, intentionally doing all he can to disrupt the board and all the while hiding behind the personna of a poor, misunderstood senior citizen.

As I said before, I think it's reasonable to ask someone who continually pollutes every thread he visits with his political barbs to stop doing it and take it to the politics board.  If he chooses not to do so he does it at his own peril. That ball is in his court.  

specifically @ 67 now... It's a shame that the PM's have been disabled.  This could be a good, respectful discussion between us but I don't want to subject the rest of the world to it - and I'm fairly certain they don't want to read it!  :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It seems humility is one of your more charming qualities Wink

Rather than hijack this entire thread even more with this discussion I'll say only that I respect your opinion and your right to it.  

As for me, my opinion hasn't changed and judging from some of the comments I'm reading I would say that I'm not the only one who feels this way.  What bothers me is that Bill is WINNING.  He's been asked repeatedly to stop with the political slams but he intentionally continues to do it for the same reason that "music" now has lyrics that would offend a sailor and anti-abortion people can show pictures of aborted fetuses. I have seen these pictures and they break my heart.  I worked at a pro-life center, the stories I could tell.  Don't worry, I won't!

BECAUSE HE CAN.  In his own way Bill is a troll, intentionally doing all he can to disrupt the board and all the while hiding behind the personna of a poor, misunderstood senior citizen.

As I said before, I think it's reasonable to ask someone who continually pollutes every thread he visits with his political barbs to stop doing it and take it to the politics board.  If he chooses not to do so he does it at his own peril. That ball is in his court.  

specifically @ 67 now... It's a shame that the PM's have been disabled.  This could be a good, respectful discussion between us but I don't want to subject the rest of the world to it - and I'm fairly certain they don't want to read it!  :-)

It's a shame because there are a few people here I would love to chat with also.  Do you know why the PM's were disabled?

There are some guys here who have avatars that denigrate women.  I don't like women being treated as meat on a plate.  We are persons who have the right to be treated with dignity.  

I think they pollute the sox thread but there is very little I can do about it so I just put them on ignore.

I guess we handle these things differently.  I don't think I'll say you're are a good person again.  Don't want you to get a big headWink

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Open your eyes, 67.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I already have a mom.

If I want your advice, I'll ask for it.

I'll make a deal with you.

You quit defending the little troll, and I'll ignore him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As for me, my opinion hasn't changed and judging from some of the comments I'm reading I would say that I'm not the only one who feels this way.  What bothers me is that Bill is WINNING.  He's been asked repeatedly to stop with the political slams but he intentionally continues to do it for the same reason that "music" now has lyrics that would offend a sailor and anti-abortion people can show pictures of aborted fetuses. I have seen these pictures and they break my heart.  I worked at a pro-life center, the stories I could tell.  Don't worry, I won't!

BECAUSE HE CAN.  In his own way Bill is a troll, intentionally doing all he can to disrupt the board and all the while hiding behind the personna of a poor, misunderstood senior citizen.

It's a shame because there are a few people here I would love to chat with also.  Do you know why the PM's were disabled?

There are some guys here who have avatars that denigrate women.  I don't like women being treated as meat on a plate.  We are persons who have the right to be treated with dignity.  

I think they pollute the sox thread but there is very little I can do about it so I just put them on ignore.

I guess we handle these things differently.  I don't think I'll say you're are a good person again.  Don't want you to get a big headWink

[/QUOTE]
    To quote Jack Handey from SNL, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"

Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So wait a second.....shouldn't you be mad at the woman that is in those pics, denigrating herself and making money off of that 'denigration'?  As for the avatar you're speaking of however, I agree....it's not that great.....I prefer Latin women....

Can you go away now and take your 1950's ideology with you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So wait a second.....shouldn't you be mad at the woman that is in those pics, denigrating herself and making money off of that 'denigration'?  As for the avatar you're speaking of however, I agree....it's not that great.....I prefer Latin women....

Can you go away now and take your 1950's ideology with you?

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Blondes just don't cut it.

That's why I don't get the whole Heidi Watney thing....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Open your eyes, 67.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I already have a mom.

If I want your advice, I'll ask for it.

I'll make a deal with you.

You quit defending the little troll, and I'll ignore him.

[/QUOTE]

I was just responding to the advice you were giving me to open my eyes. I didn't mean to hit a nerve!Surprised

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    To quote Jack Handey from SNL, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"

Smile

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Truer words were never said.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I just hope he and his wife find some peace.  Coming back probably isn't going to happen, at least not full time.  

Sections
Shortcuts