Will Josh Reddick win the AL RF GG ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Will Josh Reddick win the AL RF GG ?

I think he will. He leads in a couple of saber categories deemed as useful measures of his talent.Let's see what happens.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Will Josh Reddick win the AL RF GG ?

doesnt he have like a zillion assists? what a nightmare that trade is becoming....another GM gem brought to you by BenC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

doesnt he have like a zillion assists? what a nightmare that trade is becoming....another GM gem brought to you by BenC

hindsight again. when the trade happened he looked to be an extra outfielder and we had enough of those already. nobody forsaw the magnitude of injuries that would occur. besides, he is still young and bailey is too. lots of time for it to go either way

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

hindsight again. when the trade happened he looked to be an extra outfielder and we had enough of those already. nobody forsaw the magnitude of injuries that would occur. besides, he is still young and bailey is too. lots of time for it to go either way

[/QUOTE

interesting, your attacking hindsight but saying the future will bear this trade out to be even or useful for the sox.....where i come from thats called delusion and hypocrisy...it was a bad trade....just like im sure the Dodgers got screwed royally taking our zillionaire slackers...(i dont need the future to bear that out)  even if bailey saves 30 games next yr that is no way greater than reddicks totals as an everyday player with power and fielding prowess - just accept it

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[/QUOTE

interesting, your attacking hindsight but saying the future will bear this trade out to be even or useful for the sox.....where i come from thats called delusion and hypocrisy...it was a bad trade....just like im sure the Dodgers got screwed royally taking our zillionaire slackers...(i dont need the future to bear that out)  even if bailey saves 30 games next yr that is no way greater than reddicks totals as an everyday player with power and fielding prowess - just accept it

And his .240 avg. and .300OBP...I like Josh and hope he gets better and more cosnsistant offensively. Hes a decent player, but we had a flock of LHH Of'ers. Kalish was hurt and couldnt be traded. Reddick was the odd man out and the man Beane wanted. Most here thought he was nothing more than a 4th OF on a contending team with some power and no plate discilpine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[/QUOTE

And his .240 avg. and .300OBP...I like Josh and hope he gets better and more cosnsistant offensively. Hes a decent player, but we had a flock of LHH Of'ers. Kalish was hurt and couldnt be traded. Reddick was the odd man out and the man Beane wanted. Most here thought he was nothing more than a 4th OF on a contending team with some power and no plate discilpine.

Bootlicker ;)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

[/QUOTE

Bootlicker ;)

haha...To let it be known, I wanted Josh to stay in Boston. I understand the move though. Throughout his time in the minors he always progressed a little slower than most prospects, but eventually he made the adjustments. I wanted to see if he could make them in MLB and was willing to give him regular playing time to do so. But, it is what it is...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[/QUOTE

you misread. i said "LOTS OF TIME FOR IT TO GO EITHER WAY" meaning next year bailey could be a stud and reddick could fall into obscurity. bailey might stink up the joint and reddick may win MVP. i never said the futuer will do anything. I eluded to the fact that these things MAY happen. but to grade a trade of 2 young players who are going to be with their respective teams for a long time is a little hasty. lets see where their careers take them and then judge if it was the right move.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Reddick wins it !!!! Reddick wins it !!!!! Reddick wins it !!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:

Reddick wins it !!!! Reddick wins it !!!!! Reddick wins it !!!!!!

Good for him!!!! Congrats!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[/QUOTE

Bootlicker ;)

haha...To let it be known, I wanted Josh to stay in Boston. I understand the move though. Throughout his time in the minors he always progressed a little slower than most prospects, but eventually he made the adjustments. I wanted to see if he could make them in MLB and was willing to give him regular playing time to do so. But, it is what it is...

I hear ya...He was a likeable kid while he was here.  I definitely liked the trade at the time and the jury is still out, but I'm glad he got a chance in Oakland.

I'm sure Dave Magadan wanted a shot at Ryan Sweeney.  6"4" - 225 with...... Jerry Remy power. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[/QUOTE

Bootlicker ;)

I hear ya...He was a likeable kid while he was here.  I definitely liked the trade at the time and the jury is still out, but I'm glad he got a chance in Oakland.

I'm sure Dave Magadan wanted a shot at Ryan Sweeney.  6"4" - 225 with...... Jerry Remy power. 

Imagine if this kid could actually square up a ball and put some lift on it? At 6'4 and 225lbs hes a 25+ HR guy...Its like Joe Mauer. 6'5 230 and less than 10HR a year, except for 2009 where he smacked 28...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Congrats to Reddick!!!   :)

Sections
Shortcuts