Will Masterson come home?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Will Masterson come home?

I'm sure Justin realizes why he was traded for Victor and doesn't have any hard feelings.  He has turned out to be a very solid SP, as many of us suspected.  It would be great to see Justin back in the Boston rotation at some point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Will Masterson come home?

In Response to Will Masterson come home?:
    I'm sure Justin realizes why he was traded for Victor and doesn't have any hard feelings.  He has turned out to be a very solid SP, as many of us suspected.  It would be great to see Justin back in the Boston rotation at some point.
    Posted by craze4sox

Maybe several years down the line.  Right now he's a key piece to a Cleveland team that's on the rise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I hated to see him traded away but I hate to see anyone who was drafted, cultivated in the minors, and brought up to the Fenway scene and do well. He was traded ( good trade) for Victor Martinez whom we loved for a year + and meanwhile Masterson had a terrible year at Cleveland. We all thought that it was good trade at that point in time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Always liked Masterson. One of the good guys in the game.
    Happy for his success.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Will Masterson come home?:
    I hated to see him traded away but I hate to see anyone who was drafted, cultivated in the minors, and brought up to the Fenway scene and do well. He was traded ( good trade) for Victor Martinez whom we loved for a year + and meanwhile Masterson had a terrible year at Cleveland. We all thought that it was good trade at that point in time.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

It's hard to evaluate what young talent will do once they hit the majors but Justin always had the right stuff to succeed.  Good control and the ability to eat up some quality innings when you needed it most "much like Aceves" but now Justin is a very good starter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Cleveland did not just acquire Jiminez to let Masteron go I would think. I'd like to see him stay there and help Cleveland become the team it once was.  We need more competition.

Imagine if Sabbathia and Cliff Lee were still there. What would the Yankees be doing right now? The Phillies would be a lessor force. Wonder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

Geezz....why is it that some members of the rfn just can't let players go....what's next, another manny, bay or pedro thread?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

I hope to see the same love for players like Bill Hall and Mike Cameron, but that would be impossible, based on the color of their skin in comparison to Masterson.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

You're the scum of the earth. This has nothing to do with what you brought up. Hall and Cameron are not 20 something's rookies with their future ahead of them. They are both aging veterans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Will Masterson come home?:
    Posted by craze4sox

i'd like to see that.
    how about we give cleveland the theo blunder package for masterson?

that would be: SLACKEY, JD CRAWFORD, AND NANCY DREW.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Of course not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Will Masterson come home? : Maybe several years down the line.  Right now he's a key piece to a Cleveland team that's on the rise.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

I agree with you.  It would be great to see Masterson return to the Red Sox, but I definitely don't see it happening. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49WakeFan. Show 49WakeFan's posts

Unfortunately, dont think so

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Unfortunately, dont think so
    Posted by 49WakeFan

If the Indians are struggling in two or three years and Justin is still doing well my bet is Theo tries to get him back depending on what our rotation is like.  Our fans like him and Justin never wanted to leave.  I'm also sure Justin understands the business well enough not to take the trade personally.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

FACE IT: WE GAVE UP MASTERSON FOR A RENTAL.  RUBIN AMARO, GM PHILLIES, SAYS HE AVOIDS RENTALS AT ALL COST!  ONLY WILL DO ONE IF HE HAS A DESPERATE NEED, AND NO OTHER CHOICE!  IE: BEDARD?

I AGREE WITH THE ANTI-RENTAL STANCE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

j

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Masterson is a FA the same time Lackey and Beckett hits the market.

Sections
Shortcuts