Will Middlebrooks = MVP of world series !!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Will Middlebrooks = MVP of world series !!!!!!!!!

Early this year, the first few weeks to be precise. I stated loudly that Felix Doubront ( right about the time he was demoted to the bullpen and Shelled)  would be better than Jon Lester and that he would get a start in a playoff game over Lester. Well.....needless to say, at the time...I was not only laughed at, but put down endlessly by so called "experts" on here who think they know everything about this game....WELL.....here's another one for you all....Middlebrooks will be one of the key players to get us into the playoffs and eventually the world series, where....YES....he will be the MVP

MARak IT DOWN, and laugh and mock me all you want.   But when it happens, remember where you heard it, and.....LAUGH...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Will Middlebrooks = MVP of world series !!!!!!!!!

He's just warming up for said WS MVP run :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

Early this year, the first few weeks to be precise. I stated loudly that Felix Doubront ( right about the time he was demoted to the bullpen and Shelled)  would be better than Jon Lester and that he would get a start in a playoff game over Lester. Well.....needless to say, at the time...I was not only laughed at, but put down endlessly by so called "experts" on here who think they know everything about this game....WELL.....here's another one for you all....Middlebrooks will be one of the key players to get us into the playoffs and eventually the world series, where....YES....he will be the MVP

MARak IT DOWN, and laugh and mock me all you want.   But when it happens, remember where you heard it, and.....LAUGH...

LOL! Love your positive mental attitudeLaughing

I like middlebrooks, hope you are right but alot has to happen for him to be put in that position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softy said we needed Middlebrooks to have a big year to have any chance of making the playoffs.

Sox4ever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Lester Thursday vs Doubront Friday--give me Lester every time.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Won't happen, but I'm not laughing. Just scratching my head. Why so excited about a guy with no track record?

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

softy said we needed Middlebrooks to have a big year to have any chance of making the playoffs.

Sox4ever

Actually, I felt the same way. I thought the key power bats (20 to 30 homers) would be Ortiz, Middlebrooks and Napoli and all three would be needed. That the Sox have been able to overcome Middlebrooks' struggles and still be where they are in the run-scoring department is impressive.

Middlebrooks had 15 HR and 53 RBIs in half a season. No one should have expected himto be 30 HR, 106 RBI in 150 games this year, but expecting him to be 20-plus and 80-plus and .260-plus was very reasonable expectations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Your Doubront over Lester predictition is laughable. People should be laughing at you.

You are a person who dwells in the "now" , the past or the future does not weigh into your silly predictitions. I hope I can remember these in October, so I can laugh again.

Players and teams go through many ups and downs during the long season.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Your Doubront over Lester predictition is laughable. People should be laughing at you.

You are a person who dwells in the "now" , the past or the future does not weigh into your silly predictitions. I hope I can remember these in October, so I can laugh again.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

If I dwelled in the now, I would not have made my prediction of Doubront having a better yr ( and getting a playoff start over Lester) than Jon Lester when Lester was 6-0 with an under 2 era, or Doubront with an era near 7 . Which is when I did it. People who dwell in the now were the people who at that time were saying that Lester will win the Cy young award, and that Dubby should be traded ASAP. They weren't looking at the future of those 2 pitchers and the paths they were both on for the last couple of years. 

As far as Middlebrooks goes. He had a scaphoid fracture of the wrist, which, even though they can come back and play, a player will not truly get back to where they were before the injury for at least a year, maybe 18 mos. Midds did not have the same bat speed, and was not able to do some of the things ( like turn on an inside fb) that he did so well last yr. It got into his head ( which is not a good thing for any young player ) and he developed some bad habits as well as started doubting himself. The red sox knew all of this...they didn't panic, they sent him down, told him to relax and play the game the way he always did. I believe he has cleared his hard, has his bat speed back, and will be the Middlebrooks of last year and maybe better. Will Middlebrooks, IMO....is one heck of a baseball player. He's fresh for the stretch run and he's playing with a chip on his shoulder....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It was great to see him back and getting hits. The first was kind of a lucky go, the second was a nifty inside out swing ... a real good piece of hitting. 

Basically, he just duplicarted the total production that Snyder and Holt had given them the preceeding two weeks. 

The Sox need a +hitter on the infield if they are going to make it farther. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Lehigh Valley IronPigs will host this year's Triple A National Championship Game, formerly known as the Triple A World Series:

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120813&content_id=36610216&vkey=news_t1410&fext=.jsp&sid=t1410

The Pawsox currenntly are three games back in the International League's North Division:

http://www.milb.com/standings/index.jsp?lid=117&sid=l117

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If I dwelled in the now, I would not have made my prediction of Doubront having a better yr ( and getting a playoff start over Lester) than Jon Lester when Lester was 6-0 with an under 2 era, or Doubront with an era near 7 . Which is when I did it. People who dwell in the now were the people who at that time were saying that Lester will win the Cy young award, and that Dubby should be traded ASAP. They weren't looking at the future of those 2 pitchers and the paths they were both on for the last couple of years. 

As far as Middlebrooks goes. He had a scaphoid fracture of the wrist, which, even though they can come back and play, a player will not truly get back to where they were before the injury for at least a year, maybe 18 mos. Midds did not have the same bat speed, and was not able to do some of the things ( like turn on an inside fb) that he did so well last yr. It got into his head ( which is not a good thing for any young player ) and he developed some bad habits as well as started doubting himself. The red sox knew all of this...they didn't panic, they sent him down, told him to relax and play the game the way he always did. I believe he has cleared his hard, has his bat speed back, and will be the Middlebrooks of last year and maybe better. Will Middlebrooks, IMO....is one heck of a baseball player. He's fresh for the stretch run and he's playing with a chip on his shoulder....

I am a big fan of Middlebrooks. But seriously, shouldn't we just hope he becomes a good regular 3rd baseman and stop making the guy HOF ready before his time?

As for Lester , he was once the #1 pitching prospect in the Sox system. Doubront has exceeded some people's expectations. Jon has battled back from cancer, had 16,15,19 and 15 win seasons back to back to back to back. He was 11-2 in two partial seasons early. His career W/L is a terrific 95-55. His lifetime ERA is 3.83 which in this era is considered nearer the top than the bottom. He's pitched a no-hitter.

Do we seriously just label Lester a flop or a has-been when he is younger than our newest saviour (Peavy) and he has already eclipsed Peavy in so many categories ( including 1 WS ring).

Do we rally behind a good piutcher (Doubrount) who is currently at his peak ( a peak which may or may not be short-lived) or do we exercise patience and see if the more talented, more experienced , proven pitcher returns to his past success?

Are you like the media , where you see a guy struggle for a few starts and believe his career has peaked?....do you know how many franshises have given away pitchers in their prime when they struggled , only to see them have success elsewhere? ....it is not a frequent occurance, but it has happened and it usually costs a GM his job.

Please look at Jon Lester's career stats, and tell honestly that you think this guy is a bum. His numbers rank him among the top starters in the majors over the last 6 seasons.

do you really....I mean really, want to give up on that when you consider how little really good pitching there is in MLB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

I am a big fan of Middlebrooks. But seriously, shouldn't we just hope he becomes a good regular 3rd baseman and stop making the guy HOF ready before his time?

As for Lester , he was once the #1 pitching prospect in the Sox system. Doubront has exceeded some people's expectations. Jon has battled back from cancer, had 16,15,19 and 15 win seasons back to back to back to back. He was 11-2 in two partial seasons early. His career W/L is a terrific 95-55. His lifetime ERA is 3.83 which in this era is considered nearer the top than the bottom. He's pitched a no-hitter.

Do we seriously just label Lester a flop or a has-been when he is younger than our newest saviour (Peavy) and he has already eclipsed Peavy in so many categories ( including 1 WS ring).

Do we rally behind a good piutcher (Doubrount) who is currently at his peak ( a peak which may or may not be short-lived) or do we exercise patience and see if the more talented, more experienced , proven pitcher returns to his past success?

Are you like the media , where you see a guy struggle for a few starts and believe his career has peaked?....do you know how many franshises have given away pitchers in their prime when they struggled , only to see them have success elsewhere? ....it is not a frequent occurance, but it has happened and it usually costs a GM his job.

Please look at Jon Lester's career stats, and tell honestly that you think this guy is a bum. His numbers rank him among the top starters in the majors over the last 6 seasons.

do you really....I mean really, want to give up on that when you consider how little really good pitching there is in MLB?

First of all....I NEVER said Jon Lester was a BUM. Nor would I call any player on any team who has made it to the majors a BUM. So let's get that straight ok. Second of all, I am WELL aware of his stats, but I have also watched him become a less than seller sub 500 pitcher, with a high 4's era over the last 2 years. That my friend, is not a small sample, it's a worrisome trend. Especially if we are going to consider resigning him to a long term contract for lots of money. As far as Doubront goes....HE'S PEAKED? Is that what you said? There are many, and I mean MANY lefties over the years who teams traded and went on to figure things out and pitch very very well. John Tuder, Bobby O'jeda, Randy Johnson, Cliff Lee....just to name a few. I hardly doubt that Felix Doubront has peaked. I think he is with a pitching coach who believes in him and who he trusts. I believe he has many good years for the Red Sox ahead. As for Lester....he is going to have to learn how to PITCH....which can take time, and....can be done. He has NEVER in his life EVER had to hit his spots...or be able to pitch backwards. He would just reach back and challenge hitters and dare them to hit it. 95/98 an do that....92/95 can't. And that's what he is and has been learning for the last couple of years. I believe Lester will do it...I think he will figure it out and go on and have another productive 6/7 yrs at a high level.I also think he's an injury just waiting to happen ( he's been a 200 + innings horse for many yrs) and if that happens it will be a yr on the dl. As for this yr....yes, I think Lester can and will pitch pretty good from here on out, but he WILL NOT be the Lester that was an 1or2 tor guy for us. If they can get Doubront a break...( skip a start or two or extra time between starts) I think he will be the guy that comes through .thats just my opinion, that's all...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Z -- I'm behind you 100 percent. Excellent post.

I know I've taken you to task -- hopefully in a respectful way -- at times when I've disagreed with you, so I wanted to respond to you when I agree with you too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Z -- I'm behind you 100 percent. Excellent post.

I know I've taken you to task -- hopefully in a respectful way -- at times when I've disagreed with you, so I wanted to respond to you when I agree with you too.

Im a fan of both southpaws and have believed in Lester, even with his struggles. 2012 was a bad year, but he didnt have much help from his 2 pitching coaches and manager. This year hes improved some, but its a transition from being a thrower and becoming a true pitcher. Im ok with him going through some rough patches and believe he will come out the other side. I dont think right now he will be the same pitcher, but still a very effective front line starter.

I also believe in Doubie, although I think hes going to hit a wall this year due to IP. He had 161IP last year which was a career high and hes very close to duplicating and passing that. Hes about 4 starts away. By the time the season ends Doubie should be around 180-200IP which is where he should be cut off or you will be risking something negative happening. knowing that, I dont think I would take Doubie over Lester for the playoffs.

IRT WMB...Im not ready to give him a WS MVP just yet. Hes still getting fooled with the off speed stuff pretty bad. hes made some improvements, but personally, I havent seen enough to thunk that hes going to be better than everyone of these players. Thats not to say he cant, but I wouldnt put money on it. With that said, Im pulling for the kid and hes obviously learned some things being sent down which will only make him a better overall MLB player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I'm a big fan of Middlebrooks stick by him, saw him play. Thing that gets me ticked off is Snyder, Iggy, and Holt, held their own. Did what they could to help.

Now that he is back no stupid threads that he is bad. Stick by him, tired of Sox Fans that dont trust the kids.

Kid has tremendous Power towards Right Center, Left Center Fields.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

I would not say Lester is a flop but, and I also dont think Doubront game 1 starte in playoffs over Lester is laughable at all.  He has been their best picther this year, excluding Buchh for obvious reasons.   He gives them a chance to win every night and I think the last time out was not what he has been doing for a few months straight now.  He has been getting deeper in games and allowing less than 3 a game during his run.  I take that any day.  Granted Lester can give you 7 or 8 innings of one run on a given night, but he also can implode in the first few innngs and take this team right out of the gate, and in the playoffs agains a Detroit team, if you fall behind early it is over.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

well, not winning the WS will take care of that Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say ........   "SON, NOT IF HE KEEPS BREAKING BREAD WITH Jenny,JENNY DELL" !!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

lol...this waz from last season...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]   Softy ????     SOFTY WHO ?????

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]   Softy ????     SOFTY WHO ?????

[/QUOTE]

You know, Bill. The guy that makes you un-soft.

[/QUOTE]There ya go again with your childish vial comments.....  Fact is, SOFTY knows his stuff & he was right about Middlebrooks will need to step up and "STAND THE POST" !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

While I hope that Middlebrooks does well in 2014, you do realize that he wasm't even in the starting WS lineup in 2013? If Drew stays where are you gonna put Bogaerts? He replaced Middlebrooks when it mattered in the Series. Middlebrooks hit .227 during the season and struck out 98 times out of 348 at bats---not stellar numbers. He seems to fall behind in counts and has trouble reading pitches. My take is I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded somewhere along the line.