Will Middlebrooks = MVP of world series !!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Will Middlebrooks = MVP of world series !!!!!!!!!

In response to trouts' comment:

While I hope that Middlebrooks does well in 2014, you do realize that he wasm't even in the starting WS lineup in 2013? If Drew stays where are you gonna put Bogaerts? He replaced Middlebrooks when it mattered in the Series. Middlebrooks hit .227 during the season and struck out 98 times out of 348 at bats---not stellar numbers. He seems to fall behind in counts and has trouble reading pitches. My take is I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded somewhere along the line.

DREW  is "all but gone"  !!!    3rd base is Middy's job to lose !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

lol...this waz from last season...

so what does this make......

pike your idol

can't believe you dug back 5 months to

take a cheap chot at a fellow sox fan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

pike your idol

i am quite pathetic.  i was looking for my WMB is a bust thread i started back in ~May 2012 and couldnt find it.  i had to settle for this. 

technically it wasnt a cheap s|-|ot as the poster asked to be reminded. 

FTR...the latest incarnation of Pike is quite palatable....(so far)...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

softy said we needed Middlebrooks to have a big year to have any chance of making the playoffs.

Sox4ever

Softy ????     SOFTY WHO ?????

You know, Bill. The guy that makes you un-soft.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!  THATS A BINGO!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

We had teh best record in the AL and were 11 games up on NYY on 10-Aug. 

postseason baseball was pretty real by that time....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:

We had teh best record in the AL and were 11 games up on NYY on 10-Aug. 

postseason baseball was pretty real by that time....

Ahead of Tampa Bay by 3 games? My guess is that the forum was not convinced of a playoff berth at that time.

Nope, there were still plenty of "remember 2011", put up by the nervous nellies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Even funnier was softy later on trying to claim it was Middy's hit in the playoffs that was most important of all- just to not have to admit he was wrong... again!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

While I hope that Middlebrooks does well in 2014, you do realize that he wasm't even in the starting WS lineup in 2013? If Drew stays where are you gonna put Bogaerts? He replaced Middlebrooks when it mattered in the Series. Middlebrooks hit .227 during the season and struck out 98 times out of 348 at bats---not stellar numbers. He seems to fall behind in counts and has trouble reading pitches. My take is I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded somewhere along the line.

DREW  is "all but gone"  !!!    3rd base is Middy's job to lose !!!

Drew will not be "all but gone" until he signs with another team...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Middy also showed power with 17 homers and was pretty good at third.  It will all come down to spring training and whether or not drew signs.  A lot could have happened during the off season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:

In response to makonikyman's comment:

Early this year, the first few weeks to be precise. I stated loudly that Felix Doubront ( right about the time he was demoted to the bullpen and Shelled)  would be better than Jon Lester and that he would get a start in a playoff game over Lester. Well.....needless to say, at the time...I was not only laughed at, but put down endlessly by so called "experts" on here who think they know everything about this game....WELL.....here's another one for you all....Middlebrooks will be one of the key players to get us into the playoffs and eventually the world series, where....YES....he will be the MVP

MARak IT DOWN, and laugh and mock me all you want.   But when it happens, remember where you heard it, and.....LAUGH...

Great prediction on August 10th that the Red Sox would be in the World Series. Kudos.

I'll assume you're being facetious, as Middy was replaced by XB, Dubby never "replaced" Lester who was as hot as they come, and the Sox were pretty much a shoe in by August?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

pike your idol

This is what we're supposed to do.

1-If you don't make fun of people when they are wrong, how will they make better predictions?

2-We won.  When you win, everything is funny, and everything is in good fun.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Early this year, the first few weeks to be precise. I stated loudly that Felix Doubront ( right about the time he was demoted to the bullpen and Shelled)  would be better than Jon Lester and that he would get a start in a playoff game over Lester. Well.....needless to say, at the time...I was not only laughed at, but put down endlessly by so called "experts" on here who think they know everything about this game....WELL.....here's another one for you all....Middlebrooks will be one of the key players to get us into the playoffs and eventually the world series, where....YES....he will be the MVP

MARak IT DOWN, and laugh and mock me all you want.   But when it happens, remember where you heard it, and.....LAUGH...

As DAD would say ........   "SON, NOT IF HE KEEPS BREAKING BREAD WITH Jenny,JENNY DELL" !!!!!

perv

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Middy also showed power with 17 homers and was pretty good at third.

Middy looked much worse on defense in 2013 than 2012.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

He still looked good and covered more territory at third than some. No bad habits like Boggie's double clutching.  He had some issues with throws one hopping to first before they sent him down.  Like i said, spring training will tell a lot.  Middy has his injury completely behind him and hopefully returns to his 2012 form.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Fact is, SOFTY knows his stuff & he was right about Middlebrooks"

Umm, he condemned the AGone trade, called for Cherry to be fired, predicted this team would implode, predicted confidently the Tigers would teach us a lesson, and on it goes with all the things he was wrong about. 

He was wrong about just about everything last year. Middlebrooks he might be right on but the jury is still out.

Lester was the World Series MVP so I'm not sure what that old Doubront comment had to do with anything. A lot of us thought Doubront would be pretty good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

He still looked good and covered more territory at third than some. No bad habits like Boggie's double clutching.  He had some issues with throws one hopping to first before they sent him down.  Like i said, spring training will tell a lot.  Middy has his injury completely behind him and hopefully returns to his 2012 form.

In my opinion, he looked awful at 3B last year, and the UZR/150 backs me up.

Middy was at -8.3 (24th out of 30).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Funny,  when I said he was weak at 3rd 2 years ago, most jumped down my throat.  Still....  I wouldn't give up on him just yet.  I'd love to see him at 1st in a few years.  After Naps is gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Nothing has happened to alter my skeptical view of Middlebrooks. I never could figure out what all the excitement was about in the first place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Nothing has happened to alter my skeptical view of Middlebrooks. I never could figure out what all the excitement was about in the first place.

I'm not sure what to expect from Middlebrooks this season.  I hope for the best, but I would still prefer to re-sign Drew.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Totally agree with you. It just seemed to me that he had almost zero range. I know it's third base and great range isn't to be expected but at least you've got to cover the line, certainly late in games where you can't allow a 2 base hit. As for his hitting, he never seemed to be ready to hit and when he fell behind in the count he was toast. He might not have been as bad as Wily Mo on breaking balls, but he was pretty close.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I can see it happening. It is convenient to forget that Middlebrooks came of a wrist injury this season so I don't think it is entirely reflective of what he is capable of. He certainly has shown in the past that he has the skills and the power so I suppose anything could happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Most Vomit producing Play

mlbf_31185453_th_13.jpg (960×720)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Looks like Middlebrooks had surgery to look like Ortiz. Creepy.

Sections
Shortcuts