Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Re: Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects

Im still high on Kalish, Ranaudo and Lavernway.  All three will have an effect on the sox in key areas.  Kalish will battle Reddick for the vacant RF spot and Lavernway will probably backup Salty as early as 2013.  I think Ranaudo needs more seasoning so a 2013 roster makes more sense for him. 

Iglesias hasnt shown he can hit consistently to be on a major league roster.  If he does not have a good september call up and following spring he might not be given the job.  Look for Lowrie and maybe a FA signing to compete.  Id like to see Dubront as a long man come 2012 and both Kalish and Reddick on the opening day roster.  Platoon them and you have a nice righty/lefty combo. 

The farm system is not what it used to be but the sox have positioned themselves nicely with the FA signings of a year ago.  Locking up Ellsbury will be huge, and allowing Lester, Buchholz, Beckett to anchor the staff is a stable start to 2012.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects:
    [QUOTE]Soxprospects has had a great record in projecting prospect worth and value.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

They are not perfect though, as are none of us. Sometimes they get it wrong just like everyone else. They are the best resource we have though for the farm although Alex Speier of WEEI is right there with them IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects : They are not perfect though, as are none of us. Sometimes they get it wrong just like everyone else. They are the best resource we have though for the farm although Alex Speier of WEEI is right there with them IMO.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Boomer, did you just suggest im not perfect? Just goes to show your wisdom and Intelligence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We had several good to great draft picks this year that haven't shown up on the rankings radar much at all, but will at some point.

We may not have the best farm system at this point in time, but I think we may be in the top 10 by next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]What A great thread! I try to follow the prospects as much as possible, try to see which guys improve each year on their way to meeting their dream. One does have to give some credit to the Sox system and to Theo. Seems he has built a bridge with well placed timing. Loooks like there is at least one prospect due to arrive when one of our current stars reaches the end of their contracts or their careers. The Sox currently have 11 players on their roster (Including the injured, Buch, Lester and JLow) that came through their own system. Not sure how that compares to other teams, but I personally think thats a high percentage. If you look at starters (if all were healthy) you would have 5 everyday players and 5 pitchers. Not to shabby. You also have two players that came through trade (Gonzo and Tek) that blue chippers or starters were traded for. Says alot about the quality of the system when you draft late in rounds every year.
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]

I've also enjoy all the prospect threads. So fascinating to keep up with their progress and see how well they're doing. I admire people who can do this all the time though as I tend to get very involved with each player (like they're on the team already), and then they are traded away. It's kind of sad in a way. I'm not sure it's good to get so wrapped up in them. I guess you can say that as long as they do well elsewhere then good for them, but it's still hard to see them go.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bare-faced lies.

You said that because Jake was moved to LF, the lessening stress would allow him to up his HR level to 13-15 at best.

Now, these scrambling and flailing lies to cover lies that covered more lies, that covered....

This is unbelievable goalpost movements.

Jake's HR power is just a bonus to what his real contribution has been: leading off with a great OBP (before you spew OBP vs LHPs, it's now at .331: about even with CC's overall career OBP). You are trying to divert from your horrible position on jake this spring. He is burning you at the stake.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Promise! I was not thinking you were imperfect. I was thinking about all of us being imperfect but you were the last guy on that list!

I see it all the time, even on great sites like soxprospects. One guy with credibility makes a bad projection early on and most of the others go into group think mode and start nodding their heads up and down. They even start covering for each other to protect their bad projection when a prospect ends up being not as they projected. It happens here even, and at all the other forums as well  at least sometimes. None of us are perfect.

I think that has happened with Navarro, Lin and now Lavarnway. I have always thought of Lin and Navarro becoming fringe mlb players at best and I've always projected Lavarnway much higher than soxprospects. To me, Lavarnway should be our top prospect right now, rather than 5th.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Promise! I was not thinking you were imperfect. I was thinking about all of us being imperfect but you were the last guy on that list! I see it all the time, even on great sites like soxprospects. One guy with credibility makes a bad projection early on and most of the others go into group think mode and start nodding their heads up and down. They even start covering for each other to protect their bad projection when a prospect ends up being not as they projected. It happens here even, and at all the other forums as well  at least sometimes. None of us are perfect. I think that has happened with Navarro, Lin and now Lavarnway. I have always thought of Lin and Navarro becoming fringe mlb players at best and I've always projected Lavarnway much higher than soxprospects. To me, Lavarnway should be our top prospect right now, rather than 5th.

Boom that was sarcastic humor and an attempt to make you smile!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects : I've also enjoy all the prospect threads. So fascinating to keep up with their progress and see how well they're doing. I admire people who can do this all the time though as I tend to get very involved with each player (like they're on the team already), and then they are traded away. It's kind of sad in a way. I'm not sure it's good to get so wrapped up in them. I guess you can say that as long as they do well elsewhere then good for them, but it's still hard to see them go.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kim, I try to follow the guys that get traded as much as possible, but its hard to keep up with them all. I also like to see if i'm right about prospects as I follow them. I can say for me it's a crap shoot, for example, I always that that Reddick was a better prospect than Kalish. After last year i had switched my thought process. Then what happens? Reddick comes out this year and tears things up like i always thought he could. I always thought the Expisito would be the #1 catching prospect, sure was wrong on this one, Ya just never know. But for me its pleasure to follow them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Anything on Ryan Westmoreland ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]No, I said that Maddon's quote about 25 homers, last spring, was wrong and that a career high teens or low 20's was best case. I said a permanent move to LF would help his career average pop to low teens. It's a little early to claim he's going to average more hr than that. But go ahead, I've noted that your stake is high on career homers average.  Rays have gone away, and you are being burned at your own stake.  
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

You just can't stop the lies. It's like a freight train.

I have never projected Ells's HRs above the low teens. "my stake is high on career homers average" : is that supposed to make any sense?

Unlike you, I define "pop" as gap power and HRs.

I projected 2 more wins for TB than you. My biggest wrong projection on TB "going away", so far, has been that the Yanks have done much better than I expected without trading for a pitcher. I projected a low win total for the WC this year. So far, I have been horribly wrong. I know it brings you great pleasure to keep repeating my mistakes. Your childish playground tactics only expose your own frailties. You think by throwing my past and possible current mistakes in my face, it proves something. The only thing it proves is that I can admit my mistakes: you can not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE] Anything on Ryan Westmoreland ?
    Posted by RickEO[/QUOTE]

Sorry Rick, I have heard nothing myself, cannot help you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects : Boom that was sarcastic humor and an attempt to make you smile!
    I knew Promise. And I did!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Regarding Westmoreland, he's involved in baseball activities but he's not playing yet in any minor league games. He still has to climb that hill he is facing but I think everyone expects it to take time. I think the best thing we can do is just keep rooting for him but not set any expectations. He has enough challenges.

We all want him to succeed so badly we are maybe anxious. I imagine he is a lot more anxious than we are. Anything which appears to apply pressure is probably not helpful.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Regarding Westmoreland, he's involved in baseball activities but he's not playing yet in any minor league games. He still has to climb that hill he is facing but I think everyone expects it to take time. I think the best thing we can do is just keep rooting for him but not set any expectations. He has enough challenges. We all want him to succeed so badly we are maybe anxious. I imagine he is a lot more anxious than we are. Anything which appears to apply pressure is probably not helpful.  

Excellent points, boom. I just hope he is enjoying getting back into baseball again and not stressing over other's perceptions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Middlebrooks- now #1 Prospect according to SoxProspects : Kim, I try to follow the guys that get traded as much as possible, but its hard to keep up with them all. I also like to see if i'm right about prospects as I follow them. I can say for me it's a crap shoot, for example, I always that that Reddick was a better prospect than Kalish. After last year i had switched my thought process. Then what happens? Reddick comes out this year and tears things up like i always thought he could. I always thought the Expisito would be the #1 catching prospect, sure was wrong on this one, Ya just never know. But for me its pleasure to follow them.

I recently read a Lavarnway thread that was so interesting, it just gets you so involved. I can see how easily that can happen with all the prospects. It is fascinating to follow them all along. It's just a little heartbreaking in some circumstances after you get so wrapped up in them. That being said, I love the threads, since I don't keep up with them off the board. I just have to develop a thicker skin, and wish them well wheverever they wind up. We do get to keep some of them, though, and that's pretty cool knowing their history. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Living in Portland, Maine for many years allowed me to see many of our kids. I miss that now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Living in Portland, Maine for many years allowed me to see many of our kids. I miss that now. 
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

You were very lucky to see things first hand. It must've been great to see them in one context, and then see them brought up. Although, it must hit you harder when they are traded away. Ah, the business of baseball. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The AA roster is always influx. I didn't go to a lot of games, but enough to get attached to some.