Will Middlebrooks sent down to Pawtucket; Snyder up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Will Middlebrooks sent down to Pawtucket; Snyder up.

From BDC:

"The Red Sox have optioned third baseman Will Middlebrooks to Triple A Pawtucket and purchased the contract of infielder Brandon Snyder.

Middlebrooks is hitting .192 this season with a .617 OPS and lost his position to Jose Iglesias after going on the disabled list with a lower back strain in May. He had not played in five of the last six games."

Here is the full link: http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

Its the right move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Re: Will Middlebrooks sent down to Pawtucket; Snyder up.

Just a matter of time till Drew gets a hang nail.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Who ever thought Iglasias would stay and he would go?

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Not me JBay. I admit I was wrong about Iglesias. He has exceeded my expectations. But I am not giving up on WMB.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm not giving up on WMB either, hopefully he gets right and comes ROARING back up.  Don't wanna toot my own horn here but I did call it a couple days ago; When Middlebrooks gets sent down Snyder would get the call up.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

That would be the wrong Drew. just because they have the same last name doesnt mean they are the same player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

That would be the wrong Drew. just because they have the same last name doesnt mean they are the same player.

Nope, this guy is brittle too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'm not giving up on WMB either, hopefully he gets right and comes ROARING back up.  Don't wanna toot my own horn here but I did call it a couple days ago; When Middlebrooks gets sent down Snyder would get the call up.  

I remember that CT. Good call. I think I said Sutton but that Snyder would be fine too. This is the right thing to do and the right time to do it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Not me JBay. I admit I was wrong about Iglesias. He has exceeded my expectations. But I am not giving up on WMB.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

There was never a doubt about Iglasias' glove, but  I too, had my doubts about his offense. He was still young enough to give him a chance to see if he would develop into some typoe of hitter. He's been more selective at the plate which have drawn more walks and has also improved his bunting. Could it possibly be we finally have our short shop, after 10 years of the merry go round?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I remember that CT. Good call. I think I said Sutton but that Snyder would be fine too. This is the right thing to do and the right time to do it.

I'm kinda sad cause I really like WMB and I was hoping he would just turn it on.  But it is the right call, no doubt about that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I am not a huge advocate of being sent down to get it right...seems more like the kiss of death these days than not - but I think it might be the right move here. Young Will has said a few things lately about his lack of hitting than seem a bit Beckettesque. No one is entitled to start Will - work on your game - not excuses. 

As always - 100% correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

really? hows that? Your opinion has no facts to back it up.

Before his ankle break, from 2007 (his 1st full year) he played in 150, 152, 152 and 135 games until 2011 when the injury occured. He got beaned in the head to miss a few games at the start of the year and then missed a couple games in May when he tweaked his back. But other than just sitting him to play Iggy or Middy, hes been perfectly fine. 26 games in May, 20 games so far this month and 16 in april after the concussion. Sorry, your statement has nothing to back it up.

Brittle was his brother, who had to be 100% in order to play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

No he isn't we went on the DL twice for an injury and once for a concussion which was mandated in the CBA. Doesn't seem that brittle.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I agree that this is the right call to send Middlebrooks down.  IMO, he needs regular at bats.  Maybe this is the kick in the pants he needs to get himself going.  I'm pulling for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

I agree that this is the right call to send Middlebrooks down.  IMO, he needs regular at bats.  Maybe this is the kick in the pants he needs to get himself going.  I'm pulling for him.

Regular ABs and intensive coaching to repair his approach at the plate. Contrary to what some here think, I am not always pessimistic. I think the odds are that he will be back stronger than ever and eventually be our full time 3B.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive mentioned before that I though not handing Iggy the SS job was absolutely the right move. It gives a young kid a sense of accomplishment and makes him appreciate it more as well as makes him a better player.

I questioned, after hearing some comments from Middy, whether he just got complacent because he was handed the job with no competition this year. He may not be very happy about things, but he needs to take a good look in the mirror, work his tail off to earn his job back. I hope he comes back better than ever, like Iggy did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Ive mentioned before that I though not handing Iggy the SS job was absolutely the right move. It gives a young kid a sense of accomplishment and makes him appreciate it more as well as makes him a better player.

I questioned, after hearing some comments from Middy, whether he just got complacent because he was handed the job with no competition this year. He may not be very happy about things, but he needs to take a good look in the mirror, work his tail off to earn his job back. I hope he comes back better than ever, like Iggy did.

I agree - and he needs to work harder on the field - not at excuses

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Regular ABs and intensive coaching to repair his approach at the plate. Contrary to what some here think, I am not always pessimistic. I think the odds are that he will be back stronger than ever and eventually be our full time 3B.

I hope he does came back stronger than ever.  I don't follow the minors that closely, but I wonder if he'll get some playing time at 1B while he's down, as some have suggested.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well, to be honest, I'm a little surprised even though this is an obvious move.  If he is going to develop, he needs to play every day--in Pawtucket.  I do not think he is or even was complacent. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Yup, I remember and I agree.  It's a little worrisome to hear some of the comments that he has made.  I hope he'll take this wake up call to heart, and make it very difficult for the FO to ever justify sending him down again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Yup, I remember and I agree.  It's a little worrisome to hear some of the comments that he has made.  I hope he'll take this wake up call to heart, and make it very difficult for the FO to ever justify sending him down again.

Nothing like a few long bus trips to get back on trackTongue Out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Good to see. And to think Conan "The No Value Add" Obrien was calling me a whiner

for wanting Middlebrooks to get sent down to try and fix the mess he's in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I like Middlebrooks but was never sold on him being a key part of the Sox or even sure about his potential for major league success. It could be that he just isn't good enough.

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."
    - Thomas Jefferson

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hill55 deserves an apology from about 75% of this board.

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts