Will Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmo3of4. Show dmo3of4's posts

Will Middlebrooks

Hello All:

WM has gone 0 for 10 in three games with 5Ks--while Brock Holt has impressed and has sparked the lower third of the order and came up with some timely hits.  Should they give WM a bit more time to get his stroke down? I am hearing that he may be activated tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Will Middlebrooks

In response to dmo3of4's comment:

Hello All:

WM has gone 0 for 10 in three games with 5Ks--while Brock Holt has impressed and has sparked the lower third of the order and came up with some timely hits.  Should they give WM a bit more time to get his stroke down? I am hearing that he may be activated tomorrow.

It is different for MLB players when rehabbing in triple A.  Not to compare Middy to Ortiz but David had no success last season at McCoy.  He started off sprinting out of the gate once he got back up. If his calf is better then it is time to get him back.  His range is pretty good and Boggie's range is better to the short stop side than to third.

The red sox defensive stats are not good and they need Middy back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

So who goes if WMB  gets activated-maybe Buch goes on the DL and they slide Capuano into the rotation.

Why would they bring WMB back without seeing some progress--he does hit well in Toronto--3 singers in one game last season.

Or they send JBJ or Xander out to work on some things (Very Unlikely).

There aren't a whole lot of choices unless BenC. makes a trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think we shouldn't worry about what happens in 3 minor league games.  WMB never really had a chance to get started this year.  Because of that it might not hurt to give him a couple extra days and play the hot hand with Holt, but in the end they can't throw the greater talent under the bus and not give him a shot this year....that's what the whole ideal of not signing Drew was about. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we shouldn't worry about what happens in 3 minor league games.  WMB never really had a chance to get started this year.  Because of that it might not hurt to give him a couple extra days and play the hot hand with Holt, but in the end they can't throw the greater talent under the bus and not give him a shot this year....that's what the whole ideal of not signing Drew was about. 

[/QUOTE]

Plus it has been very cold and very windy at McCoy while Middy visited.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So who goes if he gets activated-maybe Buch goes on the DL and they slide Capuano into the rotation.

Or they send JBJ or Xander out to work on some things.

[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt Xander or JBJ are going down right now.  I'd actually bet against it at this point. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Plus it has been very cold and very windy at McCoy while Middy visited.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, and I'd be comfortable with calling WMB up tomorrow and letting it ride for a few weeks until he gets up and running.  But on the other hand, I wont' complain if they give him 3-5 more games either. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So who goes if he gets activated-maybe Buch goes on the DL and they slide Capuano into the rotation.

[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt Xander or JBJ are going down right now.  I'd actually bet against it at this point. 

[/QUOTE]

I think at this point JBJ is our only good defensive OF along with Grady.  I think we stay committed to both Bogy and JBJ at this point.  JBJ for defense and Bogy because our offense as a whole has been awful.  I don't think Middy will help our cause much but it would be nice to see him do something to help us besides being on the DL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I think it is a tough decision to send any player down when both sides of his game isn't doing well.  JBJ is a great outfielder and Boggie is swinging the bat well.  I think when Middy returns, Boggie gets better.  Ben's reason behind getting Roberts was to keep a veteran at third.  I guess that did not work out well but Middy is a good third baseman, his bat just needs to come alive..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think at this point JBJ is our only good defensive OF along with Grady.  I think we stay committed to both Bogy and JBJ at this point.  JBJ for defense and Bogy because our offense as a whole has been awful.  I don't think Middy will help our cause much but it would be nice to see him do something to help us besides being on the DL.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  For their defense and offense I think both players round out as assets...and I also think with some commitment that JBJ will show more with the bat and Bogaerts will show more with his glove.  I don't think JBJ will ever win a triple crown or Bogaerts a GG, but I think both can make huge strides there this season and added on to what they already bring can be big contributors to this team.  I think even Bogaerts can add a lot more, the fact that he is drawing walks and putting together isn't just unsurprising but very impressive at his age of only 21....and I think as he plays more, more power will come and THEN he will be a force in this lineup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Middlebrooks was 0-4 for Pawtucket today. Expected to be activated tomorrow in Toronto. #redsox

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

When Middlebrooks comes back, either Holt or Herrera goes. Pretty clear cut. Why would you demote Bradley or Bogaerts? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Middlebrooks comes back, either Holt or Herrera goes. Pretty clear cut. Why would you demote Bradley or Bogaerts? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah, I kind of got lost on this one also.  Most of the people mentioned so far aren't affected.  It'll be Brock or Herrera.  I'll go unconventional and keep Brock, even though I usually like a defense-oriented backup SS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Not unless they DL somebody ( surprise surprise ) you never know.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree, and I'd be comfortable with calling WMB up tomorrow and letting it ride for a few weeks until he gets up and running.  But on the other hand, I wont' complain if they give him 3-5 more games either. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let's bring him back, get the regulars together, let everybody get comfortable in their batting spot and platoon situations and let's see what happens. Way to early to get too discouraged.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Hello All:

[/QUOTE]

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Red Sox option Holt. Activate Middlebrooks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Package Middlebrooks and Doubront in a trade. Neither is going to help this team. Go get Drew and move Bogie to 3rd. Bogie has no more right to play SS than I do. Make that trade in a hurry, before Middlebrooks goes on the DL again.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let's bring him back, get the regulars together, let everybody get comfortable in their batting spot and platoon situations and let's see what happens. Way to early to get too discouraged.

[/QUOTE]When Will comes back, does Jenny, JENNY DELL COME BACK TOO ???

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like when you came back and brought intelligence back to the board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

My idea of putting Bogie at 3rd doesn't mean Bogie's gonna be any better there defensively, but he will have less balls hit at him. Btw, this guy better become a good hitter, because that's all he's got.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Package Middlebrooks and Doubront in a trade. Neither is going to help this team. Go get Drew and move Bogie to 3rd. Bogie has no more right to play SS than I do. Make that trade in a hurry, before Middlebrooks goes on the DL again.

[/QUOTE]

You don't bring a guy through your system as a SS then give up on him after 23 games.

And RH power hitters like Middlebrooks don't grow on trees and so you have to give the guy a fair shot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Hello All:

[/QUOTE]

If Sox have to rely on WM .. They are in a world of hurt.   Need new blood instead of fooling fans into thinking JBJ  and XB  will be good players in ten years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

With the way the year is going in Boston, Clay having his problems and the emergence of Holt, maybe he should be used as trade bait to bring in a Lee or a Shields?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hello All:

[/QUOTE]

If Sox have to rely on WM .. They are in a world of hurt.   Need new blood instead of fooling fans into thinking JBJ  and XB  will be good players in ten years.

[/QUOTE]

And why won't JBJ and XB be good players in 10 years from now.  How about 5? I'd be willing to bet Xander Bogaerts is one of the best players in the league in 5 years from now.

Please find me ONE scout, ONE ranker, ONE G.M. ONE breathing living human being in the know who isn't convinced that Xander isn't going to be a really really really really good player.  I can see the argument made for JBJ's offense.  I think he will be a good offensive player, but I can at least understand and respect an argument that he might not be and certainly isn't yet...but Xander?!?!?! That is just blasphemy

I'll take their words over a donny downer anyday. 

Sections
Shortcuts