Will Middlebrooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DomFeroce. Show DomFeroce's posts

Re: Will Middlebrooks

In response to dmo3of4's comment: Um, Holt is one of the worst 3rd basemen I have ever seen, and I saw Syd O'Brien and Joe Foy.
    [QUOTE]

Hello All:

WM has gone 0 for 10 in three games with 5Ks--while Brock Holt has impressed and has sparked the lower third of the order and came up with some timely hits.  Should they give WM a bit more time to get his stroke down? I am hearing that he may be activated tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DomFeroce. Show DomFeroce's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment: Not bad. Id take a good hitting OF in return.
    [QUOTE]

Package Middlebrooks and Doubront in a trade. Neither is going to help this team. Go get Drew and move Bogie to 3rd. Bogie has no more right to play SS than I do. Make that trade in a hurry, before Middlebrooks goes on the DL again.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

WMB is a waste of time and space. We know what he is and he probably isnt gonna change.

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Look like Grace be seein some hard times

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dmo3of4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hello All:

WM has gone 0 for 10 in three games with 5Ks--while Brock Holt has impressed and has sparked the lower third of the order and came up with some timely hits.  Should they give WM a bit more time to get his stroke down? I am hearing that he may be activated tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

If Sox have to rely on WM .. They are in a world of hurt.   Need new blood instead of fooling fans into thinking JBJ  and XB  will be good players in ten years.

[/QUOTE]

And why won't JBJ and XB be good players in 10 years from now.  How about 5? I'd be willing to bet Xander Bogaerts is one of the best players in the league in 5 years from now.

Please find me ONE scout, ONE ranker, ONE G.M. ONE breathing living human being in the know who isn't convinced that Xander isn't going to be a really really really really good player.  I can see the argument made for JBJ's offense.  I think he will be a good offensive player, but I can at least understand and respect an argument that he might not be and certainly isn't yet...but Xander?!?!?! That is just blasphemy

I'll take their words over a donny downer anyday. 

[/QUOTE]

Ill take their performance over anybody's word..... Words are just that ..Action speaks for it's self 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

As of this writing Bogaerts is hitting north of .280 with an OBP of nearly .400. Oh, and he's 21 years old...he'd be on the younger side to be in Double-A, and yet he's been one of our better offensive performers thus far.

He's not hitting for much power so far, but he always seems to be a slow starter...as the weather heats up, his bat will as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hello All:

[/QUOTE]

If Sox have to rely on WM .. They are in a world of hurt.   Need new blood instead of fooling fans into thinking JBJ  and XB  will be good players in ten years.

[/QUOTE]

XB is one of the top prospects in baseball coming into the season. Who is fooling who?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Package Middlebrooks and Doubront in a trade. Neither is going to help this team. Go get Drew and move Bogie to 3rd. Bogie has no more right to play SS than I do. Make that trade in a hurry, before Middlebrooks goes on the DL again.

[/QUOTE]

You don't bring a guy through your system as a SS then give up on him after 23 games.

And RH power hitters like Middlebrooks don't grow on trees and so you have to give the guy a fair shot.

[/QUOTE]

Well, at least you didn't make any excuses for rag arm Doubront.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to PhilTheAce's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the way the year is going in Boston, Clay having his problems and the emergence of Holt, maybe he should be used as trade bait to bring in a Lee or a Shields?

[/QUOTE]

It's gonna take a whole lot more then Middlebbrooks to get that kind of quality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to DomFeroce's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment: Not bad. Id take a good hitting OF in return.
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bogie is worse at third than he is at short.  Moving him to third is not the answer.  Bogie has range issues which may or may not get better.  I think his bat needs to make up for his poor fielding.  His fielding has been an issue thru the minors, the beat writers for some reason seem to want to look the other way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DomFeroce's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bogie is worse at third than he is at short.  Moving him to third is not the answer.  Bogie has range issues which may or may not get better.  I think his bat needs to make up for his poor fielding.  His fielding has been an issue thru the minors, the beat writers for some reason seem to want to look the other way.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Bogie will replace Ortiz as the permanent DH down the road. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Middlebrooks had an .872 OPS and was on about a 40-homer pace before going on the DL (because I know we love SSS around here).

I know we're in full-on trade/demote/DFA everybody mode, but I see no reason to be giving up yet on the guy who's only played 4 games so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Middlebrooks had an .872 OPS and was on about a 40-homer pace before going on the DL (because I know we love SSS around here).

I know we're in full-on trade/demote/DFA everybody mode, but I see no reason to be giving up yet on the guy who's only played 4 games so far.

[/QUOTE]

Well, WMB has played more than 4 games with the SOX, and the only thing you can count on with this guy is that he will be on the DL again with another muscle injury. Hope I'm wrong, but the guy doesn't inspire confidence in any aspect of the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[/QUOTE]

Well, WMB has played more than 4 games with the SOX, and the only thing you can count on with this guy is that he will be on the DL again with another muscle injury. Hope I'm wrong, but the guy doesn't inspire confidence in any aspect of the game.

[/QUOTE]

Why? What history of these type of injuries that sidelines does he have. When he got hurt in 2012, it was a broken bone after getting hit by a pitch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why? What history of these type of injuries that sidelines does he have. When he got hurt in 2012, it was a broken bone after getting hit by a pitch.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

This is whats known as the Ellsbury Technique of Injury Analysis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way. When WMB  does come back, after a couple of weeks, you'll be hoping he's DL'd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hello All:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why won't JBJ and XB be good players in 10 years from now.  How about 5? I'd be willing to bet Xander Bogaerts is one of the best players in the league in 5 years from now.

Please find me ONE scout, ONE ranker, ONE G.M. ONE breathing living human being in the know who isn't convinced that Xander isn't going to be a really really really really good player.  I can see the argument made for JBJ's offense.  I think he will be a good offensive player, but I can at least understand and respect an argument that he might not be and certainly isn't yet...but Xander?!?!?! That is just blasphemy

I'll take their words over a donny downer anyday. 

[/QUOTE]

Ill take their performance over anybody's word..... Words are just that ..Action speaks for it's self 

[/QUOTE]

yeah there ya go...I bet you thought Pedro Ciarico was the next NOMAR too didn't you.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Nice return by Middlebrooks last night !!

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hello All:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Nothing personal, but that was a truly and epically stupid thing to say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to PhilTheAce's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the way the year is going in Boston, Clay having his problems and the emergence of Holt, maybe he should be used as trade bait to bring in a Lee or a Shields?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The emergence of Holt?  7 games?  If you are going to use 7 games as the denominator, then Holt projects to 42 errors at 3B and has a .400 BABIP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I have a fear that the BB DNA pool in this country is drying up.  We've always had way more than our fair share of early-season, SSS doomcasters, but this year, the quality and volume of the idiocy has really been stepped up.

My theory is that there is a lot of pent-up hatred from some of our 'fans' after last year's success.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

With regard to the ever-growing impatience we see from some people, I suppose it has something to do with the 'technological advances' that have steered us all toward being internet info junkies with attention spans too small to measure.

That sort of need for instant gratification doesn't match up well with the major baseball league season.

Which is just another reason baseball is awesome.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have a fear that the BB DNA pool in this country is drying up.  We've always had way more than our fair share of early-season, SSS doomcasters, but this year, the quality and volume of the idiocy has really been stepped up.

My theory is that there is a lot of pent-up hatred from some of our 'fans' after last year's success. 

[/QUOTE]

Nice analysis. Couldn't agree more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Not sure what Jenny, JENNY DELL is feeding him, but keep it up !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

Hello All:

[/QUOTE]

What did I tell you.  You really cannot wait sometimes with some hitters.  Will had a nice night and almost sent one out just now.