Will Millwood make this team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Will Millwood make this team

He has had one good start and one poor start he could be as close as a start away. Does he make this team? It is very hard to think he would be better than Wake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Will Millwood make this team

No. Unless there is a rash of injuries to rotation. Personally don't think he has anything left. He was cheap insurace just in case. Have to believe arms like Doubront, Miller, Tazawa, and Weiland have better shot at helping big club later this year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

I am guessing no. I don't think he has much, if anything left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

No

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Wally is better than Wake. If the standard is Wastefield, then the horrible Millwood washed up profile makes this team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

The pitchng machine for batting practice throws stirkes. Millwood is washed up, which is why he was in a dumpster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Wel, who is next in line if/when another starting pitcher gets injured?

Millwood has to be one of their top 2 or 3 options right now.

Now, there might be additional depth by July 31, which reduces his chances...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

You don't have to throw 90+ MPH to be effective. Hitting is timing and pitching is upsetting that timing. He certainly can do no worse than Lackey, and if his off-speed stuff can be thrown for strikes, I say give him a shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Millwood is done.  he isn't good enough to make the pitiful yankees staffs so how can he possible make a starter for the sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

In Response to Re: Will Millwood make this team:
    [QUOTE]Millwood is done.  he isn't good enough to make the pitiful yankees staffs so how can he possible make a starter for the sox.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

good point cydi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

It's got to be killing silly betty and his various alter egos that millwood is close to joining the sawx after all the fun he made about the Yankees signing millwood, Colon and Garcia. The funniest part is his claim about the "pitiful" Yankees' staff, the same staff that has an ERA over a half a run lower than that of the red flops staff.

But, then again, when has silly betty ever let facts get in the way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We've already used 20 pitchers: my guess is we will use a few more. I hope we aren't "forced" to use Millwood.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Will Millwood make this team:
    [QUOTE]We've already used 20 pitchers: my guess is we will use a few more. I hope we aren't "forced" to use Millwood.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Millwood pitch this season but he may get a chance at some point if he managed to stay in shape.  Millwood is a competitor who may be as good or better than Wake at this point.  Either way I feel the team will need one more solid starter moving forward.  I'm pretty happy with Aceves at this point, a bit wild at times but should settle down with more outings. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

I hope we aren't forced to use Tim Wastefield or Millwood.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

we can use any picture and beat the yankees.  Just look at the records already this  year.  5-1 tells it all.  Like Sunny and Share used to say, "AND THE BEET GOES ON, AND THE BEET GOES ON"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I hope we use whoever can help--and that includes Wakefield or even Millwood. 

Sections
Shortcuts