Will one division per league....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Will one division per league....

stop the unbalanced scheduling?     I mean, would the former ALE teams stop playing each other 18/19 games a season?

I think LAA and the Tiggers moves this off season were as much about winning in the single division (or it's wild cards) than just their perspective present divisions/

We are going to single divisions, aren't we?  (I guess I could google it to findout.)

If/when we do, I will not be a fan of the move.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Re: Will one division per league....

We're not going to one division per league. The only changes made were adding one extra wild card to each league.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Will one division per league....:
    [QUOTE]stop the unbalanced scheduling?     I mean, would the former ALE teams stop playing each other 18/19 games a season? I think LAA and the Tiggers moves this off season were as much about winning in the single division (or it's wild cards) than just their perspective present divisions/ We are going to single divisions, aren't we?  (I guess I could google it to findout.)    If/when we do, I will not be a fan of the move.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

That isn't happening.  There's just an extra wild card being added to each league, and the AL and NL will be balanced to 15 teams per league instead of 16 NL and 14 AL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thank you all, for setting me straight.

I knew one NL team was coming over to the AL.  (Or thought I knew ... there are other things I thought I knew.)

Glad to hear the powers that be haven't lost all theri marbles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I'd much rather have single divisions than the current structure.  Is it better that teams like Toronto are incapable of competing because of geography?

Two 15 team leagues, top 4 from each side go to the post-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

With the current set up there is always the possibility that a first place team will have a worse record than any wild card team and /or one that does not make the playoffs.
    One year in the recent past the first place team in the NLW was a 5th place team if they had one division. The WC team had a better record than 2 first place teams.

In the ALE there have been times the 3rd place was as good or better than the other first place teams.

The only thing the current system does is NOT have all the best teams in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Notin, Jim,

You both bring me back out of my stated stand to realize I have made similar arguments many times before ... I have several friends from the midwest, Cincy, Cubbies, Cards fans and the like ... who have had numerous divison winners worse than our third place ALE teams ...

Not so sure why I have developed the feel for the divisions ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Will one division per league....:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Zac,

Radio commercial running lately for "Calif. Psychics" talks about how particular they are in the hiring of their crystal ballers ... they only hire 2 of 100 that apply ...

Point is, the adds always have a young woman saying "It surprised me how thorough the background checks were."

If it surprises them they are gonna be checked out that completely ....

I don't think I'd want them for my readings. 

Not that I ever have them ....

but still, why would they be surprised?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Sure one division sounds great, then lets put 10 more teams into the league (say in places like Halifax Nova Scotia, Lansing Michingan, and Reno Nevada)... and I will never watch baseball again.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]I'd much rather have single divisions than the current structure.  Is it better that teams like Toronto are incapable of competing because of geography? Two 15 team leagues, top 4 from each side go to the post-season.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    Pure "Old School", I love it. The only downside for me would be the even scheduling required which would increase our travelling to the West Coast, which means more games starting at 10:00 PM...that I would not like.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Sure one division sounds great, then lets put 10 more teams into the league (say in places like Halifax Nova Scotia, Lansing Michingan, and Reno Nevada)... and I will never watch baseball again.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

What the he11 are you talking about? Makes no sense B

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I was just rambling - I would hate to see anything less than two divsions per league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]I'd much rather have single divisions than the current structure.  Is it better that teams like Toronto are incapable of competing because of geography? Two 15 team leagues, top 4 from each side go to the post-season.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is better than having LAA, OAK, SEA, SFG, LAD etc. not being able to compete because they're flying cross country constantly with the balanced schedule that 1 division would require.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Interleague play all season long......bad idea. The WS was better when the AL and NL had never met.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n