Will someone explain this to me...why Morales last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Will someone explain this to me...why Morales last night?

OK so you send your best and most consistent starter, at least in the short term, back to the bull-pen which was more than holding its own without him. Then you bring him into a game your trailing 6-1 letting him pitch two innings of garbage time. This insures that he probably wont be able to pitch the rest of series. What am I missing here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Will someone explain this to me...why Morales last night?

attic, it's exactly why he never should have left the rotation. You play with guys egos/confidence and it's a bloody mess...Look what happened to Dan Bard. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And Morales was doing just fine in his role as 5 to 6 IP Starting Lefty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Will someone explain this to me...why Morales last night?:
    [QUOTE]attic, it's exactly why he never should have left the rotation. You play with guys egos/confidence and it's a bloody mess...Look what happened to Dan Bard. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And Morales was doing just fine in his role as 5 to 6 IP Starting Lefty.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I try to give managers, coaches the benefit of the doubt, figuring they have knowledge that I don't have. This move doesn't make sense on any level. Money, sad to say often figures into equation, but this doesn't apply here. The move seems to be made in order to keep Cook in rotation, but then you use Morales in mop up duty?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'm trying to see why it was so bad when the 6-man rotation actually was working pretty good. What was the need to banish him to the pen--to stroke egos of pitchers who obviously need an extra day rest in between starts anyway? It's silly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

maybe valentine is sticking it to Ben and his idiotic moves/decisions...you know him being sent to the pen is not his idea (or any other sane red sox person's doing)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I think Valentine is just doing what he's told.

His real contribution has been in-game management and handling the bullpen.

I'm pretty sure BenC and LL don't call down and tell him when to visit the mound, but I could be wrong ...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Will someone explain this to me...why Morales last night?:
    [QUOTE]I think Valentine is just doing what he's told. His real contribution has been in-game management and handling the bullpen. I'm pretty sure BenC and LL don't call down and tell him when to visit the mound, but I could be wrong ...
    Posted by lasitter[/QUOTE]
         If Bobby deserves any credit, it is for the handling of the bull-pen, something I thought would be the Sox downfall, he has turned it into a strength. I like the fact that he leaves his relievers in to pitch more than one inning, but last night makes no sense to me, he leaves Lester in on Sunday because he didn't want to burn out his pen, then on Monday uses, argueably is most effective pitcher for two wasted innings, I don't understand his reasoning.

Sections
Shortcuts