Will Sox treat Rays like the Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Will Sox treat Rays like the Jays

Excellent series but the team I really want us to see dominate is the Rays.  Even though it's still early we need to make the same kind of statement this week.

Good luck guys!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Will Sox treat Rays like the Jays

It would be sweet to knock down three division rivals in a row. They definitely have the momentum going to do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duffie33. Show Duffie33's posts

Rays are not the Jays - and I have not looked at SP match ups

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Exactly, the Rays are a very good team. And the worst thing about a winning streak is that it becomes more and more likely to end with each game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'd put it this way. it's so much fun watching this team flying at mach 1 with it's hair on fire right now............I hope they never slow down and keep kicking the bejesus outta everybody they face.......which I know is unlikely but still fun to hope for.

I gotta admit that the kid from toronto yesterday had one helluva change up working for him until our boys made the adjustment.

today I am a cleveland/baltimore fan...........just for today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Will Sox treat Rays like the Jays:
    Posted by Duffie33

They're not the Yankees, either, but that didn't seem to matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Will Sox treat Rays like the Jays : They're not the Yankees, either, but that didn't seem to matter.
    Posted by soups
    hey!!!..watch it pal..Wink..what's the word Soups?...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

Hopefully, 9 games in a row is quite a stretch. I would be happy with at least two out of three in this series.  Its hard to doubt them with as many runs as they have been putting up as of late and pitching has been very good. 

As long as they can get a decent lead on the division there is no reason why this team can't sustain it and win it by season end barring injuries to main players.

I actually really like he depth they have too and Sutton seems to be a nice fit as a bench player. I could see them grabbing a roleplayer by trade deadline in case the injury to Lowrie's shoulder gets worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Will Sox treat Rays like the Jays : hey!!!..watch it pal.. ..what's the word Soups?...
    Posted by jete02fan

Lol.  No disrespect intended. 

How are you Jete?  I've been sporadic at best about posting these days.  Hope all's well! 

Gonna go out on a limb here and say an early congratulations to Jeter...awesome.  No one deserves this more than he does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

6/14 Wake vs Shields (advantage TB)
    6/15 Beckett vs Hellickson (advantge Bos)
    6'16 Buchholtz vs Price (even?)

TB plays tonight. Let's hope they have to use up their pen. They needed 3 innings yesterday.

Shields has a 2.85 ERA.

Hellickson had a bad last outing, but his ERA is only 3.03. This could be a good test fo him under some pressure.

Price is at 3.51.

TB has not played well at home thus far, so that advantage may be minimized this year.

I say the Sox take 2 of 3, most likely losing the Wake game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox Will Crush the Rays...Crush them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Wake's will throw a masterpiece, Sox will sweep, streak will hit 16 or 17 before they lose again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I see a confluence of bad astrological symetries occuring on August 4th....winning streak ends there....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by Duffie33

But the Yanks are still a bit better than the Rays so hopefully we can take them down.  Wakes past doesn't suggest he will have too many back to back gems so hopefully the Sox score enough runs to cover him tomorrow if he struggles  The only game my wife and I have made at Fenway this season is when Beckett shut down the Yanks 4 to 0.  Can't wait to get back and absolutely love Jacoby and Davids contribution so far.

Our Sox are on fire and I love it! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

seems to me that timmy has some good numbers down at the trop. although, I could be wrong.........however moon, ya gotta have a little faith......the sticks are totally on fire right now. all timmy has to do is give us 5 good innings.

as bill would say..............what say you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

seems to me that timmy has some good numbers down at the trop. although, I could be wrong.........however moon, ya gotta have a little faith......the sticks are totally on fire right now. all timmy has to do is give us 5 good innings. as bill would say..............what say you?
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Mornin Hammah, You're right, I just did the research for you. Wake is 10 and 4 with a 3.40 ERA at Tropicana Field.

Of course a lot that was back when the Rays were pushovers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Will Sox treat Rays like the Jays : Mornin Hammah, You're right, I just did the research for you. Wake is 10 and 4 with a 3.40 ERA at Tropicana Field. Of course a lot that was back when the Rays were pushovers.
    Posted by MikeNagy

MikeNagy, If our team is hitting they can out score the Rays.  Wake just needs to have a decent outing.  Lets hope he does because we need to put a hurting on the Rays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

@ Moonslav: I think you're dead-on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Rays are not the Jays - and I have not looked at SP match ups 6/14 Wake vs Shields (advantage TB) 6/15 Beckett vs Hellickson (advantge Bos) 6'16 Buchholtz vs Price (even?) TB plays tonight. Let's hope they have to use up their pen. They needed 3 innings yesterday. Shields has a 2.85 ERA. Hellickson had a bad last outing, but his ERA is only 3.03. This could be a good test fo him under some pressure. Price is at 3.51. TB has not played well at home thus far, so that advantage may be minimized this year. I say the Sox take 2 of 3, most likely losing the Wake game.
    Posted by moonslav59

Thats a pretty fair assessment moonslave.  What ever happens in this series I predict the Rays will be out of the race shortly after the All Star break unless the Yankees or Sox fall apart.  When I say out of the race I mean 6 games or more and they will never get closer.  I could be wrong but they just don't seem to have what it takes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Nice to see the Rays going xtras and using their pen tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Rays are not the Jays - and I have not looked at SP match ups 6/14 Wake vs Shields (advantage TB) 6/15 Beckett vs Hellickson (advantge Bos) 6'16 Buchholtz vs Price (even?) TB plays tonight. Let's hope they have to use up their pen. They needed 3 innings yesterday. Shields has a 2.85 ERA. Hellickson had a bad last outing, but his ERA is only 3.03. This could be a good test fo him under some pressure. Price is at 3.51. TB has not played well at home thus far, so that advantage may be minimized this year. I say the Sox take 2 of 3, most likely losing the Wake game.
    Posted by moonslav59

Having Aceves ready to back up Wake for game one somewhat mitigates TB's advantage.  The Sox just need to score four or five runs or more, as long as Wake doesn't lose it too early. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Rays lost, tonight, but they aren't going away to China, though that might help the pitiful attendance. Wakefield's ERA is near 5 and he has been so good and has a huge advantage over Shields. What I like about Wakefield is that he's ready to take the ball every 5 days and is good for a quality start.

Rays have the best pitching in baseball and the best offense in baseball. Look for the Rays to lose two out of three, but not go away to China.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Look for the Rays to lose two out of three, but not go away to China.
    Posted by betterredthandead

And their #5 starter is 1-4 with an ERA of 5.75. 

-Daf.

Sections
Shortcuts