Will the Red Sox make a play for Andre Eithier?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

Will the Red Sox make a play for Andre Eithier?

Is there a chance the sox will make a play for Andre Eithier? I hear he is not happy out here in LA..who would be on that Dodger team

He would be a nice replacement for Drew.  Would you give up Reddick and some prospects to get it done?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Will the Red Sox make a play for Andre Eithier?

In Response to Will the Red Sox make a play for Andre Eithier?:
    Is there a chance the sox will make a play for Andre Eithier? I hear he is not happy out here in LA..who would be on that Dodger team He would be a nice replacement for Drew.  Would you give up Reddick and some prospects to get it done?
    Posted by BS10FAN

Iwould make Reddick my every day right fielder. We don't need unhappy players from other teams.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

MLB will not unload the Dodgers prime assets, side players yes, but not something/one that will seriously devalue the team.  Congratulations on starting the 75th "the Dodgers are sellers here comes Eithier" thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Ethier is over rated and a lefty bat, Sox need a Right handed bat for that spot on RF

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deroty. Show deroty's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Red Sox make a play for Andre Eithier?:
    Ethier is over rated and a lefty bat, Sox need a Right handed bat for that spot on RF
    Posted by Sully1965

"Ethier is over rated...."

Well then, he should fit right in.  What player ISN"T overrated?  90% of today's overpaid, whining "MLB" players would not even make the roster of teams prior to 1960.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koolga. Show Koolga's posts

In Response to Will the Red Sox make a play for Andre Eithier? : Iwould make Reddick my every day right fielder. We don't need unhappy players from other teams.
    Posted by donrd4

If he keeps playing at this level, it's a very good solution.  And a lot cheaper.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Ethier is clutch.

Sox already has a good lineup, despite the RF situation.  A Sox farmed talent will be taking a permanent spot there after Drew retires this Fall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

I know im going to get shot for this, but Houston is falling apart and Hunter Pence would be great in RF at Fenway.  He is a Dewey Evans type defense RF and can hit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Pence did look good when the Sox played the 'Stros ... it would take a lot to get him though.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

[QUOTE]Ethier is clutch. Sox already has a good lineup, despite the RF situation.  A Sox farmed talent will be taking a permanent spot there after Drew retires this Fall.
    Posted by blingblang[/QUOTE

Forget about the end of the season. Drew needs to call it a career and become a spectator in the 2nd half. Reddick's numbers dictate that he should be inserted into the lineup. Do the math. Drew vs Reddick 2011 season:
       Drew- Avg. .229, OBS .329, SLG .317, OPS .646 

Reddick-Avg. .393, OBS .429, SLG .672, OPS 1.101

Have you noticed how Drew stands there at the plate watching pitch after pitch go over the middle of the plate without swinging. Then he finds himself behind in the count (0-2 or 1-2) and ends up swinging at something well out of the zone resulting in a weak ground ball or a weak pop up. Francona, are you looking at different stats? Get rid of the bumb.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Will Shakespeare make a play for Andre Eithier?

Somethings rotten in Los Angeles.

Perhaps he would call it "Much Ado About Nothing"...but he's already used that title, besides, he's been dead a long time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

I know im going to get shot for this, but Houston is falling apart and Hunter Pence would be great in RF at Fenway.  He is a Dewey Evans type defense RF and can hit.
    Posted by wallyac

No shooting from me, I like this idea

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

In Response to Will the Red Sox make a play for Andre Eithier?:
    Is there a chance the sox will make a play for Andre Eithier? I hear he is not happy out here in LA..who would be on that Dodger team He would be a nice replacement for Drew.  Would you give up Reddick and some prospects to get it done?
    Posted by BS10FAN

I am just going out on a limb but I highly doubt MLB will allow the Dodgers deal anyone or anything until their ownership fiasco is 100 % complete and I don't think that will be before the deadline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Why do you people always prefer someone from another organization ahead of our home grown talent?  MAKES NO SENSE!!  I go with REDDICK!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Yeah, like Reddick and Pence are equals..........

Sections
Shortcuts