Will the Red Sox win the 2013 MLB championship?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Will the Red Sox win the 2013 MLB championship?

I don't know.  A lot of games to be played.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Idiotic thread considering the motivation and history of the OP. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Sadly, I say no, fatal flaw needs to further repetition. For those who believe yes, please provide the basis for your belief. 

For those who don't know or simply want to make snarky comments, please spend the day with our shut-down government members of the DNC.

I like their pitching, defense and offense.  If all goes well and they make the 'final 4' any of those teams can beat each other as shown by the records against each other......so why not the Sox??  I think they have AS GOOD a shot as any other team.  I don't think they have necessarily a much better shot but I feel as if they have as good a shot.  No team really stands heads and shoulders above them.....so again....why not the Sox??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I feel good about their chances.

If there was a true dominant team, I wouldn't be as confident in stating this.

I would be real worried about Detroit , except the Verlander ( like David Price) seems to be on an off-year. Still any of the teams that are not down 2-0 in best of 5 game series have to be confident that they still pull it off.

Maddon thinks that Fenway beat him in games 1 and 2, because it is a unique park and the Red Sox have a huge advantage playing there. Well, he's got a real unique dump where his team plays and balls hitting catwalks and speakers is more bizarre than Stephen Drew hitting a triple off the LF wall in Boston.

Freak things can happen in some parks, and most teams build their team to the park they play most of their games in, so Boston got the homefield advantage....deal with it , Joe!

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

By 2013 MLB championship do you mean World Series? Yes they can they have solid hitting, defense, and pitching. They won the most games in baseball. They also have a two game lead and if they win tonight or tomorrow get to set up the pitching rotation nicely.

Also enough home made buzz words, is it hat tough to use real terminology? You claim to be a lawyer would you ever make up your own words in the court room?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

NL is proven superior to AL, at the top. Tigers are better than the Red Sox, if Miggy is healthy enough. 

Nope.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

NL is proven superior to AL, at the top. Tigers are better than the Red Sox, if Miggy is healthy enough. 

Explain how you arrive at these two opinions?

Numbers alone are meaningless in a best of 5 or 7 series. Momentum is key, and the Sox are loaded with it....right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

If the premise of the post is the Sox have Fatal Flaws so no one should belive they are going to win the WS, then the premise has Fatal Flaws.....there isnt a team in the playoffs who doesnt have Flaws and the team you are pointing out ended up with the best record in Baseball....so there should be no reason to believe they couldtn continue to be the best in baseball. You could argur that teh Dodgers and the A's were better in the 2nd half, but the Sox were without their best pitcher for most fo the 2nd half....I think it is perfectly reasonable for any one, especially fans of the team to believe that the team who had the best record in Baseball and is the Oddsmakers choice to win the WS, will indeed Win the WS.....thinking any other way is defeatist andthat attitude went away in 2004 for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

I think the Tigers bullpen is suspect. 

I think the RedSox advantage is the 3-4 spots in the rotation. Bucholz and Peavy give the Sox depth and should provide favorable match ups against anyone the NL sends up against us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

If the premise of the post is the Sox have Fatal Flaws so no one should belive they are going to win the WS, then the premise has Fatal Flaws.....there isnt a team in the playoffs who doesnt have Flaws and the team you are pointing out ended up with the best record in Baseball....so there should be no reason to believe they couldtn continue to be the best in baseball. You could argur that teh Dodgers and the A's were better in the 2nd half, but the Sox were without their best pitcher for most fo the 2nd half....I think it is perfectly reasonable for any one, especially fans of the team to believe that the team who had the best record in Baseball and is the Oddsmakers choice to win the WS, will indeed Win the WS.....thinking any other way is defeatist andthat attitude went away in 2004 for me.

I think the premise of the post is it gives him the best chance to say I told you so.  There are several teams who could win the WS.  The Sox chances of winning it are probably less than 50% so by saying the sox aren't going to do it the odds of being right are in his favor.  He's not about to go out on a limb and say who he thinks will win it, because his odds of being right would go down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

You have issues distiquishing facts from Opinions.....How is the NL "Proven" Superior? Based on losing the All Star game?....based on having a under .500 record versus the AL in 2013? How are the Tigers better than the Red Sox, because they were 4-3 versus us? or because they had a worse overall record than us?  Because they played in a Statistically weaker division with 2 teams 30 games under .500, where they played 18 games over .500 and 6 games over .500 vs everyone else in Baseball.....you entitled to your opinion and in a short series you may be proven correct, but if you are going to use definitives, please have some stats to back them up 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tyrionranical. Show tyrionranical's posts

Sadly, I say no, fatal flaw needs to further repetition. For those who believe yes, please provide the basis for your belief. 

For those who don't know or simply want to make snarky comments, please spend the day with our shut-down government members of the DNC.

Yet you yourself provide no basis other than a vague statement of "fatal flaw"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

that all makes sense to me tom

I'm thinking only a fool would bet against them

but there's nothing wrong with

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

that all makes sense to me tom

I'm thinking only a fool would bet against them

but there's nothing wrong with

HAHA!!!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Pike-is-harmiess' comment:

In response to tyrionranical's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yet you yourself provide no basis other than a vague statement of "fatal flaw"

[/QUOTE]

The RedSoxFireman is a great moniker for Softlaw. He has been wetting down Red Sox fan exuberance here for years.  He even tells you that is what he is up to with his new moniker. He couldn't be more obvious.

[/QUOTE]

I think that was pretty obvious.....but thanks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

4 > 3

Kingface12>RedSoxFireman

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Kingface12 < RedSoxFiremand + 3 Red Sox wins vs. Tigers in 2013

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

You mean the World Series?  Hard to say.  I would not say, as you do, they have no chance or that they are fatally flawed because I just don't see any fatal flaw.  Middle relief, maybe, but the bullpen so far has been perfect for 5 innings.  Defense is pretty good overall and very good at RF, CF, SS, 2B, and 1B--and OK at 3B and C.    Best closer in MLB right now.  Solid rotation--Tigers and Athletics might be better, but not by a bunch.  Against Detroit the Sox had a winning record this year and were 3-3 against Oakland, plus the Sox have the home field advantage.  Best lineup in MLB, period.  Most runs, highest OPS.  Sox are right now the betting favorite, but not by much, as it should be.  Against whoever wins the NL, I see the Sox winning if only because they had a winning interleague record overall, have the home field (Ortiz) advance, and had that great road trip against the Giants and Dodgers. 

Overall, I have to give the Sox the nod even though the playoffs are always tricky.  And I sure as heck don't see any fatal flaw unless it's Ellsbury's reverse pivot swing. 

Sections
Shortcuts