Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game?

Yes, and most likely they will get swept by Toronto because now that they are not playing the Yankees they will revert back to their old lethargic selves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game?:
    Yes, and most likely they will get swept by Toronto because now that they are not playing the Yankees they will revert back to their old lethargic selves.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse

Thats the spirit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I do like Buch vs. Reyes and know that the circumstances tonight have been experienced by all our hometown heros on many an occassion. They talk about the "grind" all the time and are prepared to endure. We may not win tonight, but I doubt they will mail in a "sleepwalk".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : If you don't think playing 162 games in the dog days of summer and traveling all over the country is work, you're wrong.
    Posted by LloydDobler

You're absolutely right! Who would want to do that for a living? I'd rather shingle roofs or dig ditches during the summer. Plus I wouldn't have to travel.
    Baseball players have it rough!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : Wow, this is the argument a child would make.  Obviously we'd all live to be in their shoes which has little to do with the fact that travel takes alot out of a person especially when their routines get messed with.  Considering that the other team might not have the same travel issues as the Sox because of the weather, it stands to reason that the Jays might have a bit of an advantage.  If you think it is not an issue, you are living in somewhere other than a dream world.  if you think Vegas sports books and gamblers don't know this, you are kidding yourself.
    Posted by jimdavis

Wow, this is the argument a whiner would make. Obviously, they are all victims of a very demanding sport. I just don't know how they manage to drag themselves to work every day (oops, I mean to play).
    I don't gamble, so I don't care about that stuff and as far as dreamworld, these guys are living every child's dream, and I doubt the'y have it any other way.
    Sounds to me like you are just making excuses for losing tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game?:
    I think YES Network figured the Sox would arrive in Toronto at 5:30 AM this morning.  How do you guys think they will respond?  This might be one of those games to bet the house against the Sox because of how off schedule they will be today.  Or will they just roll on?  It should be interesting to see which team shows up.  I think they sent Clay to Toronto early.  Does anyone know for sure?
    Posted by jimdavis

Of course, it would be a good bet that the Sox could easily come out flat after a big come from behind late win over the Yankees....  Easy to see that possibility!

However, I think their growing confidence as a team will overtake whatever lethargy that each individual Sox player may feel.  These come from behind late wins will help build team unity & team confidence, just as it did in 04  :)

I say the Sox keep rolling........ Look for a sweep by the Red Sox :)   :)   :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : Wow, this is the argument a whiner would make. Obviously, they are all victims of a very demanding sport. I just don't know how they manage to drag themselves to work every day (oops, I mean to play). I don't gamble, so I don't care about that stuff and as far as dreamworld, these guys are living every child's dream, and I doubt the'y have it any other way. Sounds to me like you are just making excuses for losing tonight.
    Posted by Alibiike

Alibi, you are either missing or twisting the points Jim and Lloyd are making.  Its not that playing baseball is somehow a drag for the players.  Its not the mental aspect.  Its the physical.  if you think playing baseball everyday at the level these guys play, travelling as much as they do is not exhausting, I think you are really missing something.  If they are tapped out tonight, its not because their job is a mentally grueling grind like a real job.  Its that it is a physically grueling grind in which, whether it is joyful dream or not, is difficult to summon your very best night in and night out, especially after a late finish/travel day.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

As for the pi$$ing back & forth about a game vs. a grind (work).......

Chill!  You're both right!  When you're playing every day, with the grind of travel & being away from home, I'm sure it can get to be a grind........ NO matter how much you love the GAME!  On the other hand, Alabiike is correct in saying these guys have the best "job" in the world...... PLAYING baseball!  Every kids dream :)

These two somewhat contradictory views are not mutually exclusive!

Enjoys boys!!!   :)   Life would truly suck without baseball & the Red Sox!  I also grudgingly admit that I would not LOVE the Red Sox & their storied history near as much without being able to hate the Yankees:)  :)  Ipso facto...........  I guess I "love" the Yankees in a very perverse way????

YOU GOTTA LOVE THIS GAME!!!  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : Alibi, you are either missing or twisting the points Jim and Lloyd are making.  Its not that playing baseball is somehow a drag for the players.  Its not the mental aspect.  Its the physical.  if you think playing baseball everyday at the level these guys play, travelling as much as they do is not exhausting, I think you are really missing something.  If they are tapped out tonight, its not because their job is a mentally grueling grind like a real job.  Its that it is a physically grueling grind in which, whether it is joyful dream or not, is difficult to summon your very best night in and night out, especially after a late finish/travel day.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Agreed Spaceman. It's tough if you're not conditioned to do it. But these guys are supposed to be in top physical condition, so when events like last night occur, they should be able to overcome it without great difficulty.
    I spent 25 years in the Navy Seabees and there was a reason we ran 3 miles a day and had to stay in top condition; for the long deployments and arduous work.
    I am not saying that is isn't tough, but let's give these guys some credit, they can handle it without making excuses for poor play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i wonder if the players on the SOX could be hypnotized into believing that every team they play, starting today, will be the YANK-EMS.
    HOW SWEET WOULD THAT BE?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : You're absolutely right! Who would want to do that for a living? I'd rather shingle roofs or dig ditches during the summer. Plus I wouldn't have to travel. Baseball players have it rough!
    Posted by Alibiike

http://youtu.be/lAD6Obi7Cag

I want my, I want my MLBtv

Now look at them hot dogs, that's the way you do it
    All you need to do is take them PEDs
    That ain't workin’, that's the way you do it
    Money for nothing and it’s guaranteed!

Now that ain't working, that's the way you do it
    Hear ‘bout the contract that
    Boras client just signed?
    Maybe get a blister on your index finger
    Maybe pull a hammy runnin’ down the line

We got to haul these sacks of peat moss
    Custom garden deliveries
    We got to move these bags of rock salt
    We got to lift this damn concrete

The little jitterbug with the earring and the tattoo
    Yeah buddy, that hot babe is his trophy wife
    That little jitterbug’s trains at Athlete’s Performance Center
    That little jitterbug’s got a bitchin’ life

Custom garden deliveries

Look at that, look at that
    I should have leaned how to grip a knuckler
    I should have learned how to hit a curve
    Check out Heidi, she got it sticking in the camera
    Man we can have some
    And he's up there, what's that? Admiring his home run?
    Jogging down the basepaths like a two-toed sloth
    Oh, that ain't working, that's the way you do it
    Get your money for nothing and it’s guaranteed!

Custom garden deliveries

Listen here
    Now that ain't working, that's the way you do it
    All you do is take them PEDs
    That ain't working, that's the way you do it
    Money for nothing and it’s guaranteed
    Money for nothing and chicks for free

Get your money for nothing, get your chicks for free
    Money for nothing, and it’s guaranteed!
    Look at that, look at that
    Get your money for nothing, get your chicks for free (I want my, I want my, I want my MLBtv)
    Money for nothing and it’s guaranteed
    Easy, easy

That ain't working

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : Agreed Spaceman. It's tough if you're not conditioned to do it. But these guys are supposed to be in top physical condition, so when events like last night occur, they should be able to overcome it without great difficulty. I spent 25 years in the Navy Seabees and there was a reason we ran 3 miles a day and had to stay in top condition; for the long deployments and arduous work. I am not saying that is isn't tough, but let's give these guys some credit, they can handle it without making excuses for poor play.
    Posted by Alibiike

fo sho.  no excuses.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This isn't the first time this year the schedule and/or weather made things tough. 

I'm pretty sure Buchholz flew to Toronto yesterday, so he should be rested.  That said, he hasn't been that great lately, and he is going against a very good offense in Toronto.  If he can hang in there, the Sox have a chance because they are hitting the ball awfully well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Coming off of a huge series sweep in the fashion it was done would have me guess that they would be wired and not getting too much sleep anyway.

They'll be fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This isn't the first time this year the schedule and/or weather made things tough.  I'm pretty sure Buchholz flew to Toronto yesterday, so he should be rested.  That said, he hasn't been that great lately, and he is going against a very good offense in Toronto.  If he can hang in there, the Sox have a chance because they are hitting the ball awfully well. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Apparently he didnt fly up early because the weather kept him in NY.  Not that it means anything, but that was the report.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : You're absolutely right! Who would want to do that for a living? I'd rather shingle roofs or dig ditches during the summer. Plus I wouldn't have to travel. Baseball players have it rough!
    Posted by Alibiike

I'm not saying they "have it rough." They get paid handsomely for what they do (yes, even more than ditch diggers). All I'm saying is, to dismiss the physical and mental toll of playing 162 games in 95-degree heat, traveling all over the country, being away from their families, etc., isn't realistic.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Will Bautista get plunked?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

only if he stands in the batter's box.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Will the Sox Sleepwalk Through Today's Game? : Alibi, you are either missing or twisting the points Jim and Lloyd are making.  Its not that playing baseball is somehow a drag for the players.  Its not the mental aspect.  Its the physical.  if you think playing baseball everyday at the level these guys play, travelling as much as they do is not exhausting, I think you are really missing something.  If they are tapped out tonight, its not because their job is a mentally grueling grind like a real job.  Its that it is a physically grueling grind in which, whether it is joyful dream or not, is difficult to summon your very best night in and night out, especially after a late finish/travel day.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Thanks, Space.  Obviously, I was just bringing it up as a possibility.  Ali seems to have taken the ball and run with it.  It is not even worth the time to argue with him about it.  My son's birthday is today so I'm headed out to dinner tonight, a cookout tomorrow and the Intrepid Air Craft Carrier Museum on Sunday in NYC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

sox will crush the jays....crush them...
    Posted by dannycater

What did i say before this series started?? Ok, then

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

First: 4/12/2005
    Last: 6/12/2011
    sox will crush the jays....crush them...
    Posted by dannycater

What did i say before this series started?? Ok, then                                  

Ditto

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I would say outscoring them 35-6 is more of a demolition derby!
    Nice projection, DC.

Sections
Shortcuts