will the yankees play dead for tampa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

will the yankees play dead for tampa

this is one thing i have to wonder, do the yankees really want to play us in post season, although we have not played well latley, this team always seem to have something in october, i hope giradi does not lay down to tampa bay and let them take two out of three. it wouldnt be right with out the sox and yanks in post season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

Re: will the yankees play dead for tampa

I think the Yanks will come to play, but will pull out most starters by the 6th inning.
    They played the Sox hard that way, I don't see that changing. They'll play the Rays hard without risking injury to members of their PS roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

In Response to Re: will the yankees play dead for tampa:
    [QUOTE]I think the Yanks will come to play, but will pull out most starters by the 6th inning. They played the Sox hard that way, I don't see that changing. They'll play the Rays hard without risking injury to members of their PS roster.
    Posted by legion12941[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

i hope your right, but they will be very carefull with there pitching and line up starters, they have nothing to loose except home feild advantage, i have a feeling showalter is going to give us a battle, and we have to win two games to seal this play off berth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

I don't think the Orioles like the Red Sox very much this season.
    I have no idea why . . .
    : p

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

I doubt that the Yankees are too worried about any of the other playoff teams in particular (including the Sox). All of the playoff teams should be happy that they have made it and the we will be too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I don't think the Yankees want to end the season on a losing streak.I believe they'll play to win but in a conservative way.They'll rest some of the regulars and give some of the kids a chance to show what they can do.But,I think they really want to win the last few games and go into the play-offs on a roll. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Here's the probables for the series...
    Noesi v Shields...
    Colon v Hellickson
    TBD   v Price
    they're not exactly lining up their best to so end of the day it's simply a matter of us taking care of our own buisness...win and we're in...it's that simple

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Tonight would be the best opportunity for the Rays to get a win.     The NYY and a flight that didn't get into Tampa until the wee hours and might be listless.The Sox had less of a flight but the bullpen is tired from the 2 games. 
    Have to hope Beckett is at his best tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Agree with ODC - I do not expect a stelar performance from the Yanks today. They will be tired and will pitch with all relievers today. I doubt any of the pitchers last more than a couple of innings. Sox need Beckett to give them 7 strong tonight.

As for the Yanks laying down. Did you see the line-ups to put out there in yesterday's doubleheader? Each game had at least half the starting 8 line-up with minor leaguers and 1st year kids.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

morning Jessy, IMHO I don't think that Joe would purposely lay down for anybody. I also think that he would rather play us over the rays in the playoffs because he's said on occasion that he really didn't like playing in the trop with the artificial turf and all the catwalks etc etc. not to mention the flying back and forth from NY to tampa. just my opinion jess cause you and I both know that anything else besides the yankees and the red sox going at in in the post season would be boorrrrrrinnnng.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to will the yankees play dead for tampa:
    [QUOTE]this is one thing i have to wonder, do the yankees really want to play us in post season, although we have not played well latley, this team always seem to have something in october, i hope giradi does not lay down to tampa bay and let them take two out of three. it wouldnt be right with out the sox and yanks in post season.
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

I hope they lay down bigtime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

wow billy that surprises me that you would think that. have your team lose 3 straight games just before the real fun part of the season starts. shocking man, shocking.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Girardi did a nice favor 4us the second half of that dblheader - i work with a yankee fan and he said he had no idea who those people were late in the game....lets hope Joe gives his starters a well earned rest for being the top seed - i would do the same!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

I disagree that the Orioles hate the Red Sox.  They also hate the Yankees due both Yankees/Red Sox are a big time spendor!!

Remember Orioles had a .500 records against all three teams, Tampa, Yankees, and Red Sox.  They just want to play as a spoiler to everyone!!

Same goes to Oakland who took two out of three against Angels.

So therefore, Boston just have to come out and play "A" game every single game for the rest of the season!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Honestly, if in the end the Red Sox can't win 3 in a row over the Orioles...then they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

The Yankees should rest their players, they played hard to get to this point.  If the Sox even maganed a .500 record in September they'd be doing the same thing.  And people can whine about injuries and bad contracts, but at the end of the day even with injuries this should be a team playing better ball than 6-18 (or whatever it is this month).  

The Yankees didn't create the mess and shouldn't (and won't) feel obligated to fix it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with ODC - I do not expect a stelar performance from the Yanks today. They will be tired and will pitch with all relievers today. I doubt any of the pitchers last more than a couple of innings. Sox need Beckett to give them 7 strong tonight. As for the Yanks laying down. Did you see the line-ups to put out there in yesterday's doubleheader? Each game had at least half the starting 8 line-up with minor leaguers and 1st year kids.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Hey Jesse...

I don't think your boys will lay down, but the they'll be tired tonight is a crock (no disrespect intended)...It's not like they had to get up at 6 AM and go to work...After the game was over last night, they boarded a plane with everything they'd need for the trip and arrived in the wee hours, to bed down in a luxary hotel...They don't play until 7:00 PM, so most of the players won't even need to at the stadium before 3:00 PM...No if they lose tonight it's be because Sheild's once again brought his A game and the Yank's pitching by comitee today couldn't muster the same performce they did in Yankee stadium last week...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

First, it is clear that we have to have laser focus on our game, not the Yankees vs. Rays. We have to win it with our play on the field.

Second, and I have said this before, a smart Manager, and Girardi is certainly not dumb, in this situation will set his starting pitchers up for the playoffs and provide rest for regulars that have tweaks. So a Yankee lineup vs. the Rays that is not loaded with front liners, will not equate to laying down for the Rays.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Girardi did a nice favor 4us the second half of that dblheader - i work with a yankee fan and he said he had no idea who those people were late in the game....lets hope Joe gives his starters a well earned rest for being the top seed - i would do the same!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]geo, do me a favor,tell him as a fellow Yanks fan..a little research wouldn't hurt..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to will the yankees play dead for tampa:
    [QUOTE]this is one thing i have to wonder, do the yankees really want to play us in post season, although we have not played well latley, this team always seem to have something in october, i hope giradi does not lay down to tampa bay and let them take two out of three. it wouldnt be right with out the sox and yanks in post season.
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

To the Yankees/Girardi's credit he mixed up his lineup quite a bit against us after game one.  If he does the same against Tampa and makes them earn a win it tells me he has a lot of class.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]First, it is clear that we have to have laser focus on our game, not the Yankees vs. Rays. We have to win it with our play on the field. Second, and I have said this before, a smart Manager, and Girardi is certainly not dumb, in this situation will set his starting pitchers up for the playoffs and provide rest for regulars that have tweaks. So a Yankee lineup vs. the Rays that is not loaded with front liners, will not equate to laying down for the Rays.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% on bothe points. You obviously understand the game and the thinking behind it. We must win on our own and not count on any help from anyone else. The yankees are preparing themselves for the playoffs and they could care less about who the opponent is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]First, it is clear that we have to have laser focus on our game, not the Yankees vs. Rays. We have to win it with our play on the field. Second, and I have said this before, a smart Manager, and Girardi is certainly not dumb, in this situation will set his starting pitchers up for the playoffs and provide rest for regulars that have tweaks. So a Yankee lineup vs. the Rays that is not loaded with front liners, will not equate to laying down for the Rays.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE] morning SE, like i said at the end of the game thread..one at a time...(assumimg a Rays win).a loss tonight puts you on equal footing..a W(assuming a Yanks win)  sends the Rays into scramble mode,  they have to run the table..speculating on the Yankees mindset doesn't do you guys any good, you guys  are coming out of the gate ahead..TCB should be the Sox ONLY mindset..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

wow billy that surprises me that you would think that. have your team lose 3 straight games just before the real fun part of the season starts. shocking man, shocking.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

It's not the same. It wouldn't be like they lost a game ( or 3 ) That they were trying to win. You rest everybody knowing you have a chance of not winning. You don't need the wins anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]Girardi did a nice favor 4us the second half of that dblheader - i work with a yankee fan and he said he had no idea who those people were late in the game....lets hope Joe gives his starters a well earned rest for being the top seed - i would do the same!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Why does it not surprise me that you work with Yankee fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

It is hard for the best of teams to sweep a series on the road even vs the worst of teams.....especially with expanded rosters when Managers can use righty lefty matchups 5 or 6 times rather than once/twice a game....so to say that if the Sox dont swep the Orioles they dont deserve the playoffs is crazy. In my opinion the Sox are going to need the Yanks to win one against TB or we are going to have a playoff game, because I think the Orioles are most likely going to win one of these 3 games.  I also think the Yanks will play hard and we can expect their lineup for tonight to be similar to the one they used in the day game yesterday.