Will Tito and Theo retain their jobs for 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Will Tito and Theo retain their jobs for 2012?

Why or Why not??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Will Tito and Theo retain their jobs for 2012?

They should not simply because they oversaw this disgraceful collapse.  Theo should be gone for sure, Francona-not really his fault, but we'll see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

I think that I just started to feel that I am even more disgusted about the Yankees and Tampa Bay going to the playoffs, than I am sad about not going.  Our team was so good!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I'm a fan of both of them, especially Tito, but I don't see both surviving.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

In Response to Re: Will Tito and Theo retain their jobs for 2012?:
    [QUOTE]  I think that I just started to feel that I am even more disgusted about the Yankees and Tampa Bay going to the playoffs, than I am sad about not going.  Our team was so good!
    Posted by RedSoxNation4Ever[/QUOTE]

Key word was... I dont know where we went wrong, but it all happened so quickly, we nose dived!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a fan of both of them, especially Tito, but I don't see either surviving.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I am a fan of both to Lloyd although I do recognize the faults in them both.  The offseason will be interesting for sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a fan of both of them, especially Tito, but I don't see either surviving.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

don't think they'll both go Lloyd. Theo would take the entire front office with him. Francona will go, Bogar and Curt Young. sox have 10 days to pick up franconas option. i dont see it. i hope i'm wrong but someone has to take the fall, fair or not

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Francona is gone. 

Theo will stay by blaming Francona.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Don't really know what Tito could have done different tonight.  Hitting Lavarnway 5th was foolish but his players didn't perform.

Theo might go to Chicago anyway but I don't see ownership canning him, he had them wrapped around his finger.

I could see them firing Francona and while I like Tito, the clubhouse could use a shake up for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I have been a constant supporter of Theo and Tito, but as a fan of the Red Sox for over 40 years, I have never been more disappointed in the performance of a Red Sox Team. You can argue it was a perfect storm of injuries, poor pitching....slumping offense and just bad luck, but when you have a large lead in a race to the playoffs, it is the job of the Manager and the GM to overcome thise adversities.....and they both failed miserably in doing so.....so now I wuld say they are both on my " I really dont give a Dam list"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bux3134. Show bux3134's posts

I hope they both stay. Theo assembled the talent. There were questionable moves (or non-moves) by Tito at times, but it's on the players folks. Players have to play. Stars have to be stars (Where have you gone A-Gone???) It's not Theo's fault that Buchholtz's back exploded. I personally didn't mind the Lackey signing because I didn't expect too awful much from the guy. Eat innings and keep us in the game. Should Theo have seen his downturn coming? I dunno. I don't see how so many people are pinning the whole season's failure all on Carl Crawford. Yeah, he sucked bad this year. Bad, bad, bad. But it's just one guy...

Personally, I don't mind that the Sox lost because I'm so f'ing sick of watching this team. I'm glad this season is over. I want them to go away for a while....

They weren't gonna do a thing in the playoffs anyway. They were a 1st round sweep...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Tito and Theo retain their jobs for 2012? : don't think they'll both go Lloyd. Theo would take the entire front office with him. Francona will go, Bogar and Curt Young. sox have 10 days to pick up franconas option. i dont see it. i hope i'm wrong but someone has to take the fall, fair or not
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Whoops, I meant to say both. One might, but not both.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

"Theo would take the entire front office with him."

// golf clap //

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott8340. Show Scott8340's posts

All a general manager can do is fill the roster with players that have proven to be great in the past. Theo obviously does this, and each spring we ooh and aaah about how great our team is.

It's the manager that is supposed to get the results out of this talent and that's where Francona fails miserably. He takes players that have been great everywhere else and turns them into crap, with a lazy no discipline attitude that turns players into sloppy, no fundamental losers.

Fire Francona!