Will Yankees be interested in Napoli?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Will Yankees be interested in Napoli?

The Yankees have several firstbaseman on their team, a few more on the D.L. and several more players who at this point probably should be first baseman.  Yes, some of those players will be leaving this year but the Yankees have effectively zero need for another First Baseman.  They will be interested in Drew, in other years perhaps Ellsbury as well. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

they will be knocking $30MM off payroll with Selig's gift to the yankees.....

well it's our buddy 'no cred slash'

so what's your point this time

arod should not be suspended w/o pay ?

Hfxsoxnut while you make a good case as to why

I think napoli is way to much of a luxury now

that's luxury as in luxury tax

I see the the yanks being much more interested in drew and/ or salty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Mike Carp would be an acceptable Plan B

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Let them take Napoli and Drew.... no different then when they took Boomer and Tiant... we are the team to beat in 2014, 2015, 2016 with or without Napoli/Drew.

I could see the Yankees taking Drew, Nap, Salty and Ells for that matter.

I say we let all four go:

Sox sign Granderson for RF or CF

Vic stays in RF or CF

Ross and Vazquez or Lava--C

Carp @ 1 B

Xander to SS and

WMB at 3 B

Grande's 30 dingers makes up for the power of Ells & Nap. Not the fielder Ells is but he can steal some bags and has a better arm than Ells. Some "Grandesalami's" in the future.

Xander will hit at least a dozen homers

Lava will begin to show the ability Bill is confident he has.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

here's my point:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

they will be knocking $30MM off payroll with Selig's gift to the yankees.....

arod should not be suspended w/o pay ?

Hfxsoxnut while you make a good case as to why

I think napoli is way to much of a luxury now

that's luxury as in luxury tax

I see the the yanks being much more interested in drew and/ or salty

Hi Zac,

Yankees will go into the offseason with two plans of attack. One if Cano remains a yankee and one if he leaves.

Either way I don't see them a player for Drew. Between his salary demands and Jeter's contract it would tie up 25M at the SS position.

(FWIW I don't see Boston trying to keep Drew.)

Salty makes sense for NY and I agree with you Napoli doesn't.

( Sox will attempt to resign both)

Yanks need two outfielders, 3rd. baseman,catcher,3 starters and possible a 2nd. baseman and bench depth.

They will attempt to accomplish that thru free agent signings and trades involving young arms in their system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

[QUOTE]

Let them take Napoli and Drew.... no different then when they took Boomer and Tiant... we are the team to beat in 2014, 2015, 2016 with or without Napoli/Drew.

Vic stays in RF or CF

Carp @ 1 B

Xander to SS and

WMB at 3 B

Grande's 30 dingers makes up for the power of Ells & Nap. Not the fielder Ells is but he can steal some bags and has a better arm than Ells. Some "Grandesalami's" in the future.

[/QUOTE]

Why you let go Ellsbury and bring in Granderson??  Granderson isnt taking a discount to join Boston.  He is more likely going to try to find his last best contract offer of his life which mean his contract my not be too far off from Ellsbury's.  Bring back Ellsbury!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I would keep him another year. I couldn't have been more wrong when I buried him a couple of months ago. I give him all the credit in the world for making me look stupid. But, he's still a crap shoot.

The Yankees can't use him. Half their team is some kind of risk, and they don't need another one. The Yankees need everything except a stadium. They are really bad, and getting worse. Those who think Jeter is coming back as the Old Jeter are dreaming, and I think they will probably over-pay for Cano. What the Yankees REALLY should address is their ownership.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

I would keep him another year. I couldn't have been more wrong when I buried him a couple of months ago. I give him all the credit in the world for making me look stupid. But, he's still a crap shoot.

The Yankees can't use him. Half their team is some kind of risk, and they don't need another one. The Yankees need everything except a stadium. They are really bad, and getting worse. Those who think Jeter is coming back as the Old Jeter are dreaming, and I think they will probably over-pay for Cano. What the Yankees REALLY should address is their ownership.

How does ownership address ownership?  They could do whatever they want.

What they need to do is fire Ca$hman and hire a GM who could be a team around a long term plan.  They don't need someone to just hand out blank checks to every Free Agent with a pulse.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

greetings HH

Hi Zac,

Yankees will go into the offseason with two plans of attack. One if Cano remains a yankee and one if he leaves.

true but don't forget the arod factor  

yanks might will catch a break there

just a question of how big

Either way I don't see them a player for Drew. Between his salary demands and Jeter's contract it would tie up 25M at the SS position.

U R probably right about drew /SS maybe they resign ryan

Yanks need two outfielders, 3rd. baseman,catcher,3 starters and possible a 2nd. baseman and bench depth.

need might be right

but they still have garner, ichiro, sori, wells coming back

They will attempt to accomplish that thru free agent signings and trades involving young arms in their system.

should be a very busy off seasom

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

here's my point:

2 questions 4 'no cred slash'

1) will 'no cred slash' ever stand behind his statements with reasonable/credible support

2) will arod be getting a statue at the fens 30 yrs from now

the reason I ask is

I haven't heard any booed like that at fenway since yaz was booed

and have heard stories of ted getting booed pretty hard  too

and both those guys have statues

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

here's my point:

1) will 'no cred slash' ever stand behind his statements with reasonable/credible support

the reason I ask is

If he does, it'll be titled "The Bullet We Dodged".

Please, even the best players get booed by their own fans, when they don't do well.

Jeter included.

While we're talking credibility, are you basing your opinion on what you heard on TV, or were you present at the games Yaz and A-rod were booed?

Or are they all just "stories you've heard"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yankees will go after Drew before they go after Napoli. 

Yep.....agreed.  Rumor is swirling that the Yanks are very interested in Drew.  Who can blame them?  Above average defender that can hit.  Plus in that small stadium he could do some damage.  At this point Jeter is no more than a DH.

[/QUOTE]

The NYY have a TON of questions for this offseason, on and off the field.

They may be looking at a 3b, SS, C, CF, 2b, SPing, Closer, as well as those good depth guys. All while staying under 189M.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

While we're talking credibility, are you basing your opinion on what you heard on TV, or were you present at the games Yaz and A-rod were booed?

Or are they all just "stories you've heard"?

actually yes

granted I'm much older now

but the boos for yaz were much meaner & more frightening

half the people booing arod are doing it just for fun

besides there's nothing wrong with using a link of ''what you heard on TV''

for credibility

problem is 'no cred slash' makes stuff up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

They will have $33 Million to spend to get

Closer

Set Up Man

Left Handed Reliever

Catcher

3B

3 Starting Pitchers

This assumes that the money they don't have to spend on ARoids next year could be reallocated to cover Cano's extension.

But $33 Million for all of that?  There will be no CC, Texiera and Burnett of $425,000,000 to buy a Trophy.  Dear Mr Ca$hman will have to be efficient and savvy - not exactly his forte.  Good Luck!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Player Age Salary Contract 2014 Alex Rodriguez 37 18.011 10 yrs/$275M (08-17) $25,000,000 CC Sabathia 32 12 8 yrs/$182M (09-16) & 17 vesting option $23,000,000 Mark Teixeira 33 10 8 yrs/$180M (09-16) $22,500,000 Alfonso Soriano 37 12.079 8 yrs/$136M (07-14) $18,000,000 Vernon Wells 34 11.113 7 yrs/$126M (08-14) $21,000,000 Robinson Cano 30 7.153 6 yrs/$57M (08-13)   Derek Jeter 39 17.043 3 yrs/$51M (11-13) & 14 player option $17,000,000 Curtis Granderson 32 7.077 6 yrs/$43.25M (08-13) GONE Hiroki Kuroda 38 5 1 yr/$15M (13) $17,000,000 Ichiro Suzuki 39 12 2 yrs/$13M (13-14) $6,500,000 Kevin Youkilis 34 8.093 1 yr/$12M (13) GONE Andy Pettitte 41 16.144 1 yr/$12M (13) GONE Mariano Rivera 43 17.105 1 yr/$10M (13) GONE Phil Hughes 27 5.113 1 yr/$7.15M (13) GONE Boone Logan 28 5.14 1 yr/$3.15M (13) $5,000,000 David Robertson 28 4.07 1 yr/$3.1M (13) $6,000,000 Brett Gardner 29 4.072 1 yr/$2.85M (13) $6,000,000 Travis Hafner 36 10.009 1 yr/$2M (13) GONE Joba Chamberlain 27 5.055 1 yr/$1.88M (13) GONE Lyle Overbay 36 10.009 1 yr/$1.25M (13) GONE Shawn Kelley 29 3.128 1 yr/$935k (13) $2,000,000 Jayson Nix 30 3.127 1 yr/$900k (13) $1,500,000 Ivan Nova 26 2.035 1 yr/$576k (13) $1,500,000 Eduardo Nunez 26 1.117 1 yr/$533k (13) $1,000,000 Michael Pineda 24 2 1 yr/$528k (13) $1,000,000 Francisco Cervelli 27 2.146 1 yr/$515k (13) $1,000,000 Chris Stewart 31 2.091 1 yr/$515k (13) $1,000,000 David Phelps 26 0.156 1 yr/$512k (13) $1,000,000 Luis Cruz 29 1.076 1 yr/$505k (13) $1,000,000 Adam Warren 25 0.036 1 yr/$491k (13) $1,000,000 Austin Romine 24 0.159   $1,000,000 Dellin Betances 25 0.035   $1,000,000 Melky Mesa 26 0.023   $1,000,000 David Adams 26 0   $1,000,000 Zoilo Almonte 24 0   $1,000,000 Preston Claiborne 25 0   $1,000,000 Corban Joseph 24 0   $1,000,000 Brett Marshall 23 0   $1,000,000 Vidal Nuno 25 0   $1,000,000       Rafael Soriano Rafael Soriano buyout   Vernon Wells Vernon Wells traded to/from Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim -$18,600,000 A.J. Burnett A.J. Burnett traded to/from Pittsburgh Pirates   Alfonso Soriano Alfonso Soriano traded to/from Chicago Cubs -$13,000,000                             $156,400,000                   $189,000,000                   $32,600,000

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh, and I didn't even take into account who is going to replace Granderson's 40 HR's?

How does that OF align?

Soriano, Gardener, Suzuki

With Wells filling in

And then who DH's?  Jeter?

This is a a total and complete mess.

Thank you Brian $$!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Vic stays in RF or CF

Carp @ 1 B

Xander to SS and

WMB at 3 B

[/QUOTE]

Why you let go Ellsbury and bring in Granderson??  Granderson isnt taking a discount to join Boston.  He is more likely going to try to find his last best contract offer of his life which mean his contract my not be too far off from Ellsbury's.  Bring back Ellsbury!!

[/QUOTE]
    Grande is going to be 33 when the 2014 season starts---he will be coming off an injury season.
    The Sox could be in the ballpark with 3 years @ $12 M plus some incentives. Similar total to Victorino's contract. Curtis is a good clubhouse and community person. Certainly a lot less money  than what Ells will be demanding. They will need lefthanded bats with Drew and Ells most likely leaving.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

greetings HH

Hi Zac,

true but don't forget the arod factor  

yanks might will catch a break there

just a question of how big

U R probably right about drew /SS maybe they resign ryan

need might be right

but they still have garner, ichiro, sori, wells coming back

should be a very busy off seasom

Zac my friend you are correct in mentioning Arod. I left him off because it's a partial unknown at this time and the salary relief isn't long enough.

I listed need for 2 outfielders because other than Gardner I didn't see a starter. Sori should be the teams DH, Wells and Ichiro backups.

It will be a very busy off season for both our teams.

Sox have to decide to go with proven vets or trust a few top  prospects.

I like Xander but not sold completely on Bradley.

To be completely honest if the Sox season ended today I wouldn't feel cheated.

They already have given me more than I ever expected.

Come to think of it Zac we both forgot about who replaces Mo next year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

I hope that the Red Sox priorities this off season would be resigning Salty and Drew first.  I prefer Ellsbury over Bradley Jr., but with the price tag for Ellsbury looking more expensive than what the Red Sox would like to pay, the Red Sox front office will be hard pressed to resign him.

If the Red Sox lose Napoli, you have a few options, my preference would be to move Middlebrooks from third to first, and insert Bogaerts at third if the Red Sox were to resign Drew.  You could also move Nava to first also.

I was high Bradley in spring training, but watching him since Ellsbury went down, he isn't working the count as much as I thought he would, he swings at alot of first or second pitches.  He seems to be pressing (strictly my observations).  I think he needs a few more months in Pawtuckett.

It will be interesting to see if Cecchini continues his rapid development in the minors and gets a chance sometime next season.  He could be another answer (at 3rd) if Bogaerts is moved to SS if Drew isn't resigned.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ben will work within his budget and have contingencies

Ellsbury is the first priority - 6/100 take it or leave it and then move to Plan B (JBJ)

Then Lester - most likely execute the option and keep him for one more year (you could always deal him during the season if necessary)

Then Salty - 2 year 26 million w/ performance triggered 3rd year @ $13 million

After that, fixing the pen

Then Napoli - 2 year 26 million (that would give him his original 3/39 deal back in tact that he lost)

I don't think they bother w/ Drew.  Bogie seems to be ready to take the job at a fraction of the cost.  We'll have to save $ somewhere.

Remember, unlike the yankees having to cut their budget by $50 million, we could actually increase our budget by $25 million

AWESOME!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We can talk all day about Bogaerts moving to third and WMB to first, and those positional changes are a real possibility in the future but does anyone here really think the Red Sox are going to do that next year?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

We can talk all day about Bogaerts moving to third and WMB to first, and those positional changes are a real possibility in the future but does anyone here really think the Red Sox are going to do that next year?

EXACTLY!!!!  There is no way they would do that for next year.  That's why I really think brinking back Napps for 2 years is perfect...as is brining back Drew.  It gives them a ton of flexibility in the infield next year and Napps can be the DH in 15' when Papi retires and 'the switch' can happen that year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's a possibility.  If Drew accepts and Nap declines.  If Drew is not the SS, then we need to trade Drew and sign a 1B.  I think it be easier at that point to play WMB at 1st, Drew at SS, and XBo at 3rd, then hope Marrero is ready for 2015.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

here's my point:

the reason I ask is

Zac....that was lame and you know it.  Not too long ago the fans booed Jeter and Mo quite loudly.  All teams fans do that from time to time.  Now if you can gauge the 'mean factor' from the booes you hear on TV than all the power to you....but really...come on, you're better than this.