Will Yankees be interested in Napoli?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Will Yankees be interested in Napoli?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

We can talk all day about Bogaerts moving to third and WMB to first, and those positional changes are a real possibility in the future but does anyone here really think the Red Sox are going to do that next year?

It's a possibility.  If Drew accepts and Nap declines.  If Drew is not the SS, then we need to trade Drew and sign a 1B.  I think it be easier at that point to play WMB at 1st, Drew at SS, and XBo at 3rd, then hope Marrero is ready for 2015.

[/QUOTE]

I think they'd be more likely to trad Drew before they move two young guys off position.   The sox will either sign Napoli or sign Abreau, their back up plan I think is Nava or Carp in which case they will probably go out and buy a Platoon mate, such as a Corey Hart type.  IMHO of course.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How can Boston trade Drew if he is going to be a free agent after this season??

We can talk all day about Bogaerts moving to third and WMB to first, and those positional changes are a real possibility in the future but does anyone here really think the Red Sox are going to do that next year?

It's a possibility.  If Drew accepts and Nap declines.  If Drew is not the SS, then we need to trade Drew and sign a 1B.  I think it be easier at that point to play WMB at 1st, Drew at SS, and XBo at 3rd, then hope Marrero is ready for 2015.

[/QUOTE]

I think they'd be more likely to trad Drew before they move two young guys off position.   The sox will either sign Napoli or sign Abreau, their back up plan I think is Nava or Carp in which case they will probably go out and buy a Platoon mate, such as a Corey Hart type.  IMHO of course.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How can Boston trade Drew if he is going to be a free agent after this season??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They could hypothetically trade him after he accepts a Q.O.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Red Sox can't trade Drew since he is a free agent this fall.  I would expect him wanting a multi year deal, which I don't think the Red Sox would give him.  I wouldn't mind it, even if it means moving two players off of their normal positions.  It wouldn't be much of an adjustment for Bogaerts, who is getting playing time tre now, and Middlebrooks is athletic enough where it would be an easy transition.

But, I hope the Red Sox can come to an agreement with Napoli, he has been a great fit and have a multi year deal, similar to this year.  I do think the Red Sox will really miss Ellsbury and is under appreciated.  A .290 plus hitter with being the major league leader in stolen bases won't be easy to replace.

[/QUOTE]

I think they'd be more likely to trad Drew before they move two young guys off position.   The sox will either sign Napoli or sign Abreau, their back upplan I think is Nava or Carp in which case they will probably go out and buy a Platoon mate, such as a Corey Hart type.  IMHO of course.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

People, the Sox could trade Drew if he accepts a Q.O.

Not saying it will happen because I think Drew would decline a Q.O. I'm saying it is aplausible scenario.  I know my stuff, I'm fully aware that a free agent can't be traded, that's just silly stupid.

I will reiterate my earlier point, WMB moving to 1st and Bogaerts to 3rd is fantasy talk. It's not happening.  It might sound great in theory but it's not the route the sox are willing to go nor Drew.

Id be willing to bet hard money on that stance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

People, the Sox could trade Drew if he accepts a Q.O.

Not saying it will happen because I think Drew would decline a Q.O. I'm saying it is aplausible scenario.  I know my stuff, I'm fully aware that a free agent can't be traded, that's just silly stupid.

I will reiterate my earlier point, WMB moving to 1st and Bogaerts to 3rd is fantasy talk. It's not happening.  It might sound great in theory but it's not the route the sox are willing to go nor Drew.

Id be willing to bet hard money on that stance.

Hahahaha.  You are decidedly on my list of people not to bet against.  It was like that in the old poker games.  One of my friends just came in from Costa Rico.  Even if I thought I was right, the chances of him being right were pretty good as well.  So unless I had him dominated, I would generally steer clear.

Same here with you.  I rarely see you make a mistake, and the few times you were wrong, it was mostly just on the margins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I haven't read every post here, but I think ARod is the Yanks DH of the future... not Naps.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I haven't read every post here, but I think ARod is the Yanks DH of the future... not Naps.

Sox4ever

Between the suspension, his age and his incessant health problems, I think ARod is right on the edge of never playing again.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Zac....that was lame and you know it.  Not too long ago the fans booed Jeter and Mo quite loudly.  All teams fans do that from time to time.  Now if you can gauge the 'mean factor' from the booes you hear on TV than all the power to you....but really...come on, you're better than this.

more lame than saying selig was giving  ny a gift

more lame than  saying jeter had a tantrum when the yanks ask him to play 3B

king

I could argue the boos weren't even close to the same

but I'd rather remind you that I said

2 questions 4 'no cred slash'

I don't mind you calling me out

but you should consider who I was posting to & why

that said

I'll stand by my  trash talk to 'no cred slash'

it has much more cred than what he's been throwing at me

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

Between the suspension, his age and his incessant health problems, I think ARod is right on the edge of never playing again.

[/QUOTE]

DH is like doing the dishes: maybe even easier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

DH is like doing the dishes: maybe even easier.

Haha.  But hitting is not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Why am I the only one who heard that the Yankees wanted Drew, but he took less money to play in Boston?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Zac....that was lame and you know it.  Not too long ago the fans booed Jeter and Mo quite loudly.  All teams fans do that from time to time.  Now if you can gauge the 'mean factor' from the booes you hear on TV than all the power to you....but really...come on, you're better than this.

more lame than saying selig was giving  ny a gift

more lame than  saying jeter had a tantrum when the yanks ask him to play 3B

king

I could argue the boos weren't even close to the same

but I'd rather remind you that I said

2 questions 4 'no cred slash'

I don't mind you calling me out

but you should consider who I was posting to & why

that said

I'll stand by my  trash talk to 'no cred slash'

it has much more cred than what he's been throwing at me

Ok.....I regress.  I Re-read the back and forth between you and Slash so I can see where you were coming from.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Another reason that Boston should resign Napoli, he can be a perfect DH hitter in the future. Papi may not be around too long.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

awww zac.  you get so upset at me.  you forget - i live in yankee land.  i listened to mike and the dog all day long back in the spring of 2004.  so although you say it's not credible because i have no old article i can post up...i can say without hesitation that hours and days were spent on debating whether jeter should man-up for the good of the team and move out of the SS spot.  if that is a fact that makes you uncomfortable or angry...i am sorry.  but it is the truth.

to think that management didnt discuss it with coaches and the players involved is being....naive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Ben will work within his budget and have contingencies

Ellsbury is the first priority - 6/100 take it or leave it and then move to Plan B (JBJ)

Then Lester - most likely execute the option and keep him for one more year (you could always deal him during the season if necessary)

Then Salty - 2 year 26 million w/ performance triggered 3rd year @ $13 million

After that, fixing the pen

Then Napoli - 2 year 26 million (that would give him his original 3/39 deal back in tact that he lost)

I don't think they bother w/ Drew.  Bogie seems to be ready to take the job at a fraction of the cost.  We'll have to save $ somewhere.

Remember, unlike the yankees having to cut their budget by $50 million, we could actually increase our budget by $25 million

AWESOME!!!!!!!

i think in the end Ellsbury and the Sox come together and keep him there... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ben will work within his budget and have contingencies

Ellsbury is the first priority - 6/100 take it or leave it and then move to Plan B (JBJ)

Then Lester - most likely execute the option and keep him for one more year (you could always deal him during the season if necessary)

Then Salty - 2 year 26 million w/ performance triggered 3rd year @ $13 million

After that, fixing the pen

Then Napoli - 2 year 26 million (that would give him his original 3/39 deal back in tact that he lost)

I don't think they bother w/ Drew.  Bogie seems to be ready to take the job at a fraction of the cost.  We'll have to save $ somewhere.

Remember, unlike the yankees having to cut their budget by $50 million, we could actually increase our budget by $25 million
    AWESOME!!!!!!!

i think in the end Ellsbury and the Sox come together and keep him there... 

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right about this. IMO keeping Ellsbury solves some major problems for next year.  Of course it'll all depend on how much the FA's want and how much the FO is willing to spend but I see Ellsbury as the lynchpin in next year's team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2013/09/13/future-four-outlook-bright-red-sox-and-pending

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

greetings no cred slash

awww zac.  you get so upset at me.  you forget - i live in yankee land.  i listened to mike and the dog all day long back in the spring of 2004.  so although you say it's not credible because i have no old article i can post up...i can say without hesitation that hours and days were spent on debating whether jeter should man-up for the good of the team and move out of the SS spot.  if that is a fact that makes you uncomfortable or angry...i am sorry.  but it is the truth.

I already acknowledged the fact that talkin heads, sox & mets fans went on forever about it

to think that management didnt discuss it with coaches and the players involved is being....naive.

to say that jeter threw a tantrum when asked and there would be no link for it

is not only naive it's disingenuous total BS

it not only destroys what little cred U had

it hurts the credibility of the board

why not spare the others of our BS

and admit you made it up

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

You got no cred, Slasher.

Are you going to be able to sleep tonight?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Read that the other day, I find Alex Speier to usually be spot on.   It will be interesting to see what they do with these guys.  I know for sure, if a QO isn't given teams will be jumping on all 4 of them. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

You got no cred, Slasher.

Are you going to be able to sleep tonight?

hahahaha.  i hope so!

i can always read this to help myself fall asleep:

http://nypost.com/2011/04/24/how-jeter-put-a-rod-in-the-yankees-snubhouse/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

they will be knocking $30MM off payroll with Selig's gift to the yankees.....

well it's our buddy 'no cred slash'

so what's your point this time

arod should not be suspended w/o pay ?

Hfxsoxnut while you make a good case as to why

I think napoli is way to much of a luxury now

that's luxury as in luxury tax

I see the the yanks being much more interested in drew and/ or salty

Oh,  he should be suspended no doubt.  And without pay.  But..... 

Yanks should assume that hit(30m) on their overall salary cap.  You traded for him,  you ripped-up his old and gave him a new contract,  you reaped the benefits of his being on the junk(hello 2009)....  you should feel some repercussions from his obvious cheating while benefitting your team.   Hell,  you're benefitting right now from his playing and affecting a playoff race while still dirty,  and you will benefit next year when you can slot that 30m to other FA's.  All other players are serving/served their time...  but not Slappy.  He's special.  Such arrogance.

Must have been a heart tease for him seeing Mo get such adoration from Boston fan while he reaps such wrath and hatred where ever he goes.  I guess he'll cry all the way to the bank.