Win Today and Finish April At Least 10 Games Over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Win Today and Finish April At Least 10 Games Over

The Sox will be 18-7 that means at worse they will be 18-8. If they just go 500 the rest of the season they will 96 games. I am really liking this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Win Today and Finish April At Least 10 Games Over

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

The Sox will be 18-7 that means at worse they will be 18-8. If they just go 500 the rest of the season they will 96 games. I am really liking this team.

Great point! A lot of people like to discount these early wins, saying its too early to get excited or look how easy a schedule we are playing. But a win is a win and at the end of  the season they all count the same.

Go Sawx!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Great point! A lot of people like to discount these early wins, saying its too early to get excited or look how easy a schedule we are playing. But a win is a win and at the end of  the season they all count the same.

Go Sawx!

Weve played every team in our division to start off the year, with the first 2 series being on the road. The Royals, who are much better than some are giving them credit, last years AL West Champion A's, and we have the other best team in MLB at this point, Texas, coming up. Only 2 pushover teams in Cleveland and Houston.

So Those to say weve had an easy schedule so far, I disagree.

They have another thing to prove once they go on an extended road trip. They need to come home from that road trip with at least a .500 record.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Right now the Sox are 17-7. If they play just .500 the rest of the year, they'll win 86 games.

The Sox could finish the month 19-7 considering they play the Astros today and Lester pitches Tuesday. But let's say they finish 18-8. To win 90 games, they'll just have to go just 72-64 the rest of the way. So 90-plus wins certainly is a very real possibility.

Anything can happen of course, so you never want to get too far ahead of yourself. But anyone who isn't truly excited about the season now ... well, you're the type of fan I don't want to be around. As a longtime Sox fan who knows Red Sox/baseball history intimately, I'm always wary that misfortune could be right around the corner. However, that doesn't mean I have to dwell on it and not enjoy the good times.

Sure, one extended losing streak could wipe out this great start but another great month could really send the team on its way. Either way, for now, I'm loving every moment of the ride.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Not to rain on anyone's parade but as a long term fan I remember far too many Aug/Sept where they fell apart. Having said that I still love every RS baseball season good or bad finish

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Not to rain on anyone's parade but as a long term fan I remember far too many Aug/Sept where they fell apart. Having said that I still love every RS baseball season good or bad finish

Yeah, seen too many fast starts only to fall apart in July-Aug.  Alway hoping for the WS title, though !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Yeah, seen too many fast starts only to fall apart in July-Aug.  Alway hoping for the WS title, though !

hey bling-bling...long time!!!....how's it going?...hope you're well...

Sections
Shortcuts