Winning tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Winning tonight

Winning this first game of the Rays series means that even if the Rays win the remaining two games that they will still be 6.5 games behind with only 17 to go.

Great to see Buchholz back and in pretty good form as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Winning tonight

Sept. 9-11, 2011 the Red Sox were swept in TB. No sweep this year. That team ate fried chicken, this team eats it raw. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Sept. 9-11, 2011 the Red Sox were swept in TB. No sweep this year. That team ate fried chicken, this team eats it raw. 

I'd rather be on the 2011 team.

Fried chicken ... yum.

Raw chicken ... yech.

Tongue Out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Big win tonight by the Sox. Buchholz looked real good and the pen was excellent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I noticed when the camera went to the dugout,  all of the starters were there, very intent on the game. No hanging out in the clubhouse. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Fried chicken ... yum.

Raw chicken ... yech.

Tongue Out

Not if you're a bearded Scythian conquerer of nations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I noticed when the camera went to the dugout,  all of the starters were there, very intent on the game. No hanging out in the clubhouse. 

Yes, and a lot of smiles too, a lot of cutting up like they were relaxed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Every time I eat fried chicken now , I think of those guys

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Fried chicken ... yum.

Raw chicken ... yech.

Tongue Out

Not if you're a bearded Scythian conquerer of nations.

Like the Wildings on Game of Thrones, who have similar beards ... except longer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Huge.  Stupendous.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

This TEAM has heart.  I love watching them play.  So refreshing compared to the last five years. Roll on bearded ones.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

This TEAM has heart.  I love watching them play.  So refreshing compared to the last five years. Roll on bearded ones.

The 2008 Team had a lot of heart, you dont make up a deficit of 7 runs in the last three innings of game five of the alcs when you are behind 3 to 1 in the series. That takes some serious heart and they even eventually forced a game seven.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I'm at the beach so I can't see the games but I keep up with what's going on with the computer and cell phone.

I wish I could have watched tonights game, it seemed like a gem!  I was a bit worried that buch might be a little rusty but I'm so relieved he wasn't

Good to hear the pitchers were supporting buch, big change from last year!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

The 2008 Team had a lot of heart, you dont make up a deficit of 7 runs in the last three innings of game five of the alcs when you are behind 3 to 1 in the series. That takes some serious heart and they even eventually forced a game seven.

Yes. Without the injuries, they win that series going away, in fact, TB was very lucky even as it was. Twice in that game 7 the Sox missed a three run HR by about an eighth of an inch on the bat. Kotchman missed one in the 7th, and Pedey just missed one in the eighth. Still a lot of '07 in that team. Theyre a team Ive always been proud of in spite of coming short.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'm thrilled with success of the team!...totally.

I only hope they're not peaking too soon...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Yes. Without the injuries, they win that series going away, in fact, TB was very lucky even as it was. Twice in that game 7 the Sox missed a three run HR by about an eighth of an inch on the bat. Kotchman missed one in the 7th, and Pedey just missed one in the eighth. Still a lot of '07 in that team. Theyre a team Ive always been proud of in spite of coming short.

That whole series was pretty entertaining and it was the first year someone other then the sox or yankees were any good in the division. Helped to shake it up a little which is not always a bad thing!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

You read my mind!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

You read my mind!

Great minds think alike...wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Wow.  You put the tu in intuitive, man.  Had I'd seen that 3(?) second camera shot on television I'd have totally disregarded it either because it was a pathetically small sample size, absurd confirmation bias or other total nonsense.

But you're able to cut through all that sort of silliness and find fact!  In just seconds!  That's great!  And very special.  I salute you, sir....but please promise me you won't start working building or flying airplanes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Winning this first game of the Rays series means that even if the Rays win the remaining two games that they will still be 6.5 games behind with only 17 to go.

Great to see Buchholz back and in pretty good form as well.

If the Rays win the remaining 2 games, the Sox will be 6.5 games up with only 14 games to play. The division race is over. The only concerns now are staying healthy and having home field advantage in the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Sept. 9-11, 2011 the Red Sox were swept in TB. No sweep this year. That team ate fried chicken, this team eats it raw

I'm assuming that explains why the Red Sox players (especially Napoli) have such long beards.  LOL  Laughing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I'm at the beach so I can't see the games but I keep up with what's going on with the computer and cell phone.

I wish I could have watched tonights game, it seemed like a gem!  I was a bit worried that buch might be a little rusty but I'm so relieved he wasn't

Good to hear the pitchers were supporting buch, big change from last year!!!

Remind me not to go to that beach......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow.  You put the tu in intuitive, man.  Had I'd seen that 3(?) second camera shot on television I'd have totally disregarded it either because it was a pathetically small sample size, absurd confirmation bias or other total nonsense.

But you're able to cut through all that sort of silliness and find fact!  In just seconds!  That's great!  And very special.  I salute you, sir....but please promise me you won't start working building or flying airplanes.

The above post? Super duper lame.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The above post? Super duper lame.

I agree.  I actually noticed all of the pitchers out there watching and having a good time and thought "wow.....that's a lot better!!  This team is COMPLETELY different then what we have been accustomed to!"

No idea why the creepy guy with the 'man bunny' avatar would be such a f00l about it....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

You read my mind!

Great minds think alike...wink

LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts