Winter Meetings..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Winter Meetings..........

.....appear to have proven fruitless, so I think we can all expect coal in our RS stockings for Christmas.
    I just don't understand why, if the pitching is the main concern, there has been nothing done. Other than the signing of Miller and a minor leaguer, BC has done nothing to beef up rotation, unless they are looking to start both Aceves and Bard, which will effectively demolish the pen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Winter Meetings..........

Last year at this time, the Crawford and Gonzalez signings were yet to come. Patience is the word. What are the Yankees doing? Is Cashman on vacation? Why no threads about them?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Winter Meetings..........:
    [QUOTE]Last year at this time, the Crawford and Gonzalez signings were yet to come. Patience is the word. What are the Yankees doing? Is Cashman on vacation? Why no threads about them?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

They just signed Garcia, and I dare say they are in better shape that we are.
    We have two guys we know of that can pitch. We are not sure about Buchholz yet and we have nothing certain after that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to Winter Meetings..........:
    [QUOTE].....appear to have proven fruitless, so I think we can all expect coal in our RS stockings for Christmas. I just don't understand why, if the pitching is the main concern, there has been nothing done. Other than the signing of Miller and a minor leaguer, BC has done nothing to beef up rotation, unless they are looking to start both Aceves and Bard, which will effectively demolish the pen.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Given the market complexitiesthese days, the meeting as much set the groundwork for deals as much as actually make them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Winter Meetings.......... : Given the market complexitiesthese days, the meeting as much set the groundwork for deals as much as actually make them.
    Posted by crmn19[/QUOTE]

Possibly. That maybe and the fact that Boston, historically, is secretive about any deals.
    I guess I should be used to it though. Seeing all the other teams names on the rumors list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Possibly. That maybe and the fact that Boston, historically, is secretive about any deals. I guess I should be used to it though. Seeing all the other teams names on the rumors list.

Alibi, I think I can count the deals that actually went down at the winter meetings on one hand.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Then again Garcia could morph into a Penny or a Smoltz. The Yankees fell out of a tree last year and landed on their feet with Colon and Garcia. I am an optimist on Bucholz but that is my nature. Others always expect the worst. It must be a terrible way to live with chronic cynicism, fatalism, and pessmism. Why get out of bed in the morning?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Alibi, I think I can count the deals that actually went down at the winter meetings on one hand.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Significant ones I would have to agree. But if you compare the FA list at the beginning of the off-season, and compare it to now, you will find that it has shrank considerably.
    Not that we are after only FA's but let's face-it, the RS have really done nothing thus far to address the pitching. Perhaps they are waiting till after they hire the PC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaythis. Show kimsaythis's posts

[QUOTE]Last year at this time, the Crawford and Gonzalez signings were yet to come. Patience is the word. What are the Yankees doing? Is Cashman on vacation? Why no threads about them?
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

There are no threads about them because this is a red sox forum and talk about the yankees is forbidden.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Alibi, I think I can count the deals that actually went down at the winter meetings on one hand.
    Polydactyly?

Albert Pujols
    C.J. Wilson
    Jose Reyes
    Heath Bell
    Mark Buehrle
    Huston Street
    Sergio Santos
    Frank Francisco
    Jon Rauch
    Kevin Slowey
    LaTroy Hawkins
    Aaron Harang
    Jerry Hairston Jr.
    Erik Bedard
    Alex Gonzalez
    Ramon Ramirez
    Andres Torres
    Angel Pagan

I don't fault the Red Sox for not making a deal, but deals went down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Significant ones I would have to agree. But if you compare the FA list at the beginning of the off-season, and compare it to now, you will find that it has shrank considerably. Not that we are after only FA's but let's face-it, the RS have really done nothing thus far to address the pitching. Perhaps they are waiting till after they hire the PC.

They have done nothing.  But, if they weren't throwing ridiculous cheddar at aging free agents who were borderline good as is, I am not sure what exactly there has been to do.  Trade markets materialize in no particular time frame in the off-season.  And, really, my own sense is that people are going to have to get square with the fact that there just ain't that much out there.  Though it offers none of the immediate pain-ease/satisfaction of a quick fix deal, I am very happy that the Sox brass are taking the long view and not selling the farm for a borderline arm, or handcuffing the payroll for years with a CJ Wilson or Mark Beurhle.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Possibly. That maybe and the fact that Boston, historically, is secretive about any deals. I guess I should be used to it though. Seeing all the other teams names on the rumors list.

Probabling a strategy that any savy GM should use. Don't broadcast your needs, or name players that you want. It would be like a poker player telling everyone what cards he has and which ones he needs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

They've already acknowledged that there isn't room in the budget for any big ticket signings.  Despite the fact Lackey and Dice are injured, they still have to pay them.  They really don't have great trade chips that would bring back a good, cost controlled pitcher.  Not sure why you expect anything major.  They will likely be bottom feeders this yr and will try to pick up guys that fall through the cracks.  Like it or not, that's the reality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : They have done nothing.  But, if they weren't throwing ridiculous cheddar at aging free agents who were borderline good as is, I am not sure what exactly there has been to do.  Trade markets materialize in no particular time frame in the off-season.  And, really, my own sense is that people are going to have to get square with the fact that there just ain't that much out there.  Though it offers none of the immediate pain-ease/satisfaction of a quick fix deal, I am very happy that the Sox brass are taking the long view and not selling the farm for a borderline arm, or handcuffing the payroll for years with a CJ Wilson or Mark Beurhle.  

Spaceman. I would much more comfortable with that explanation if I knew there was a seasoned GM at the helm. I realize that payroll is the primary concern here, and that Henry's pockets are not as deep as they once were perhaps. it's frustrating from this fan's point of view, seeing other teams scoop up the better players leaving us with the sloppy seconds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Spaceman. I would much more comfortable with that explanation if I knew there was a seasoned GM at the helm. I realize that payroll is the primary concern here, and that Henry's pockets are not as deep as they once were perhaps. it's frustrating from this fan's point of view, seeing other teams scoop up the better players leaving us with the sloppy seconds.

Well, good thing then that this unseasoned GM is just a "puppet" then huh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I realize that payroll is the primary concern here, and that Henry's pockets are not as deep as they once were perhaps"

What guys like you fail to understand is that owners treat teams as businesses and run them on a budget based on income.  It has nothing to do with the owners' "pockets" because these guys don't buy teams to sink their own money into them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Gee. AllibiIke is disturbed that the poorer teams are finally spending and approaching the payroll levels of the wealthy teams. The Angels payroll is approaching our payroll now at $176 mil. but AllibiIke wants Henry to add $40 mil. to our payroll to bring it to $216 mil. or $14 mil. more than the Yankees. Do I smell a sense of entitlement here? Talk about a spoiled fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Spaceman. I would much more comfortable with that explanation if I knew there was a seasoned GM at the helm. I realize that payroll is the primary concern here, and that Henry's pockets are not as deep as they once were perhaps. it's frustrating from this fan's point of view, seeing other teams scoop up the better players leaving us with the sloppy seconds.

I could understand this sentiment if the Sox had a poor roster, but they DO have All-Stars (be it last year or previous years) at 6 offensive positions and 3 starting pitchers.  Look at the tally.

Gonzalez - 4 AS
    Pedroia - 3 AS 
    Youkilis - 3 AS
    Ortiz - 7 AS
    Crawford - 4 AS
    Ellsbury - 1 AS
    Beckett - 3 AS
    Lester - 2 AS
    Buchholz - 1 AS

All of them have been All-Stars in either 2011 or 2010.  Add to that the fact that they had 3 of those players in the top 10 in MVP voting last year.  This is not a team of sloppy seconds.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : There are no threads about them because this is a red sox forum and talk about the yankees is forbidden.
    Posted by kimsaythis[/QUOTE]

Oh, another mock up poster of me is back -- "Kimsaythis" instead of "Kimsaysthis". That's abusive. Especially when looking at the profile where they even responded to a poll. How old is this guy? I guess if you can't debate a topic or a poster that's all your're left with.

Seems I've been having to deal with crap like this since I came here. And it all started when I questioned what it would mean for the Sox since the Yankees were buying up all the free agents that year. I was run off the board by PinstripeZac, and after coming back I still have to deal with getting abuse. Yankee fans getting resinstated to their original accounts after abusing Sox fans over the years -- check. Sox fans having to deal with Yankee fans' abuse like this on a Sox board after questioning the Yankees moves -- check.

And they wonder why I don't like abusive Yankee fans. No one is left that says anthing negative about the Yankees except me really. Just the ones who love ALL their fans, and respect the Yankees are here. Coincidence? I think not.

Apparently, abuse has worked for their abusive fans -- probably on other boards as well. The question in my mind is... should it? Should Yankee fans have this much power on Sox boards? Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question. I'm not looking for their friends here to chime in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

While I don't condone this poster that emulates you, you sound like a duplex machine week after week. As a result, my response to one of your comments a week or two ago still applies, in case you missed it.

-------------------------------

In Response to Re: LIKE THE "BIG O", LUCCIANO's TRYING TO TURN THE SOX INTO A 3RD WORLD TEAM.......:

Yes, LOL, these evil Yankee fans, which likely includes me, have a svengali influence over that certain group ( with special powers) and BDC, including that unspeakable horror of restoring post counts (Huh?) to these scoundrels. And lets accuse more RS fans of having a different, secret loyalty. More bizarre paranoid induced fiction, Kim; and you're laughing at me. At least you apologized to Examiner, which I've never seen you do before. And FTR (as you would say), he's (nicely) told me off in the past, and which I probably deserved. Maybe you'll avoid a visit from 3 spirits if you apologize to MikeNagy and antiqueman, amongst a few others, as well. -- Nhsteven ------------------------------------------------------------------- Steven full of hyperbole and insulting comments as usual.  Zac was reinstated to his original name and post count after multiple bannings. JBay made the comment on the board when this happened. Mikey was encouraged to do the same, by J-Bay in a post on this board which he said "we" would backup. You said that you were banned and J-Bay noticed you were missing after not seeing you on the board and sending messages to you. Your account was then, miraculously, restored. That story was posted by you on the board. It's hilarious that you're acting like it was some dreamed up story.  And didn't you also ask Harness to add to you to his friends list because you'd been studying the board and the comings and goings of posters, and wanted to talk to him about who you thought posters were and what you thought about posters as per your observations? That's normal. Especially for a Yankee fan on a Sox board. Weren't posters banned after that happened? While painting me as paranoid is obviously in your best interest, it's really simply an innate ability to be able to put two and two together. Btw, I don't apologize to Yankee aliases, and I don't take orders from you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Wrong, again.  For starters, you should talk about insults?

According to J-Bay,  this apparently purgatory ban, which
     nobody has been able to figure out the root cause of (including you), has been surmised as either a glich (i,e there's apparently a few gliches here, such as when you, me, & others couldn't respond to posters temporarily on occasion), or a warning, has happened to posters regardless of fan loyalty,something you just don't get. 

The original reason I spoke to Harness incognito is to avoid Pike (one of your 
    approved posters, of all people) from seeing my list of possible aliases Beni may have been using, and nothing else regarding posters; witch hunting/ kangaroo courts is Pike's dep't.  (And yours, to a lesser degree.)

As far as orders, (like you haven't given a few) it was obviously only a tongue in cheek suggestion, so it's just an excuse for you to vent. And, as far as your innate abilities goes, yes I admit you have natural talent in this area. However, your view regarding forum events, board dos and don'ts, conspiracies, scandals, and aliases for that matter, are just a
     tad misguided.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JDShorty. Show JDShorty's posts

Remember though. Theo is gone, so no more rumors will be leaked out do drive up the price against ourselves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Winter Meetings.......... : Oh, another mock up poster of me is back -- "Kim say this" instead of "Kim says this". That's abusive. Especially when looking at the profile where they even responded to a poll. How old is this guy? I guess if you can't debate a topic or a poster that's all your're left with. Seems I've been having to deal with crap like this since I came here. And it all started when I questioned what it would mean for the Sox since the Yankees were buying up all the free agents that year. I was run off the board by PinstripeZac, and after coming back I still have to deal with getting abuse. Yankee fans getting resinstated to their original accounts after abusing Sox fans over the years -- check. Sox fans having to deal with Yankee fans' abuse like this on a Sox board after questioning the Yankees moves -- check. And they wonder why I don't like abusive Yankee fans. No one is left that says anthing negative about the Yankees except me really. Just the ones who love ALL their fans, and respect the Yankees are here. Coincidence? I think not. Apparently, abuse has worked for their abusive fans -- probably on other boards as well. The question in my mind is... should it? Should Yankee fans have this much power on Sox boards? Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question. I'm not looking for their friends here to chime in.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I'll never understand why so many "Red Sox fans" didn't appreciate Smiley Beni. Sure he liked to tease Yankee fans but he was humorous, polite, interesting, and original. Posters seem to have a free license to bash Red Sox players, coaches, manaher, GM, and owner but don't dare bash a Yankee player or a forum Yankee fan - that is verboten. There seems to be unwritten rules here against ruffling the feathers of the fraternity of old geezers who have been coming to the forum for years - the good old boys club.

Sections
Shortcuts