With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......

Down 95 to Pawtucket !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......

In Response to With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......:
    Posted by Bill-806

That didn't take long.....Middlebrooks hits im sure..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......

PAWTUCKET GAME IS ON NESN TONIGHT...GOOD REASON TO WATCH

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Pretyy stupid to bring him up and not even let the guy see any action. Does that still mean he draws a ML Salary or does he have to be inserted in the line-up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......:
    Pretyy stupid to bring him up and not even let the guy see any action. Does that still mean he draws a ML Salary or does he have to be inserted in the line-up?
    Posted by harv53
    "Let me be clear",  this is where  P C is not doing it's job......  Every player should get at least 2 innings per game, then out for ICE CREAM after the game !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In Response to With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......:
    Posted by Bill-806

Let me be clear: "If you want to watch AAA players, go to Pawtucket."

As Dad would say: "Son, I know a thought popping into your head is cause for celebration, but do you really have to start a thread EVERY TIME it happens?"

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again......:
    In Response to With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again...... : Let me be clear: "If you want to watch AAA players, go to Pawtucket." As Dad would say: "Son, I know a thought popping into your head is cause for celebration, but do you really have to start a thread EVERY TIME it happens?"
    Posted by 111SoxFan111
    Yes...... Till the "BIG O" takes my board away !!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

As much as I want a glove-man playing SS, you can not have a 200 hitter in AAA in your line-up.  This isn't the NL where you have an automatic out in your 9-hole.  I don't care if he's Ozzie Smith.  Now if he can bat .225 in the ML's and play SS like Ozzie then that's another story.  But right now, he can't even give you that with the bat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As much as I want a glove-man playing SS, you can not have a 200 hitter in AAA in your line-up.  This isn't the NL where you have an automatic out in your 9-hole.  I don't care if he's Ozzie Smith.  Now if he can bat .225 in the ML's and play SS like Ozzie then that's another story.  But right now, he can't even give you that with the bat.
    Posted by andrewmitch
    I hear you andrewman..... However, he will be playing SS for some team soooooner, rather than later !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again...... : Let me be clear: "If you want to watch AAA players, go to Pawtucket." As Dad would say: "Son, I know a thought popping into your head is cause for celebration, but do you really have to start a thread EVERY TIME it happens?"
    Posted by 111SoxFan111

ROFL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

I watched some of the PawSox game on NESN last night.  IGGY made 2 phenominal plays back to back.  Absolute STUD defensively.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I watched some of the PawSox game on NESN last night.  IGGY made 2 phenominal plays back to back.  Absolute STUD defensively.
    Posted by inflamedcolon

cool thanks for the report

could they guy at least lay down a bunt??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Posted by andrewmitch

I'm not disputing what you say because you're probably right, but I wish there were some way to quantify defense the way we quantify offense and pitching.

When we look at a hitter's OPS we pretty much know what he is, and when we look at a pitcher's ERA combined with his K/BB ratio we pretty much know what HE is, but with fielders it's different.  Quickness, range, arm strength, ability to get a jump on the ball, even maybe a sense of where the ball's going to be hit, they all figure into how valuable a fielder is, but we can't quantify those things.  So-and-so gets a bad jump on the ball, So-and-so doesn't have a good arm, So-and-so doesn't have much range, but those things are opinions and until we have metrics to back up those opinions they're just that - opinions.

I posted something a while back about Iggy @ .100 vs a certain .174 hitter and how many more hits that actually means over the run of a half season, and it's not many.  The problem is that there's no way for us to find out whether Iggy's defense offsets the lack of hits because, again, there's no good way to quantify defense. 

Sorry... just rambling.  :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again...... : I hear you andrewman..... However, he will be playing SS for some team soooooner, rather than later !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

i wouldn't bet on it. looks like he'll be in AAA all year with the way aviles is hitting and more importantly the way he is hitting. er... not hitting i should say

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Posted by inflamedcolon

he got to a ball that was hit more to third than short. couldnt believe he got to it, let alone made an accurate off balance throw. had to watch the replay to be sure it was Iglasias and not the 3rd baseman

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: With a heavy heart, I say good bye to IGGY as he is on the road, again...... : I'm not disputing what you say because you're probably right, but I wish there were some way to quantify defense the way we quantify offense and pitching. When we look at a hitter's OPS we pretty much know what he is, and when we look at a pitcher's ERA combined with his K/BB ratio we pretty much know what HE is, but with fielders it's different.  Quickness, range, arm strength, ability to get a jump on the ball, even maybe a sense of where the ball's going to be hit, they all figure into how valuable a fielder is, but we can't quantify those things.  So-and-so gets a bad jump on the ball, So-and-so doesn't have a good arm, So-and-so doesn't have much range, but those things are opinions and until we have metrics to back up those opinions they're just that - opinions. I posted something a while back about Iggy @ .100 vs a certain .174 hitter and how many more hits that actually means over the run of a half season, and it's not many.  The problem is that there's no way for us to find out whether Iggy's defense offsets the lack of hits because, again, there's no good way to quantify defense.  Sorry... just rambling.  :-)
    Posted by S5

It is hard - the eye test is still the best way

But check out "Men At Work" - he tries to quantify D using Ozzie as an example

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Posted by Bill-806

The most predictable - and predicted - transaction in baseball history.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Posted by harv53

Why stupid?  He was brought up to be the backup infielder in case something happened to the starters?

After several seasons in the minors and this past ST, I imagine that Sox are fully aware of his defensive wizardry and offensive black hole.  What exactly would they have learned from him playing an inning or two?

He's on more than the minimum anyway so his paycheck wouldn't have changed, but he must have received the MFL per diem!

Sections
Shortcuts