With all of the......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

With all of the......

......finger pointing and bashing that the rfn does in here, why is pedroia getting a free pass?

He has pefrormed very poorly this year and is probably the one true sparkplug/team leader on the sawx.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: With all of the......

He doesn't get a free pass.  I have criticized him, as have the Globe reporters.  But most of us also realize that in many ways he is the heart of this team and never gives less than the max.  Plus we are pretty sure he will go on a really good hot streak as he has in the past.  Last night he hammered a double, so maybe he is about to come out of the slump.  But, if he doesn't, he's a pretty big hole in the lineup. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: With all of the......:
    [QUOTE]He doesn't get a free pass.  I have criticized him, as have the Globe reporters.  But most of us also realize that in many ways he is the heart of this team and never gives less than the max.  Plus we are pretty sure he will go on a really good hot streak as he has in the past.  Last night he hammered a double, so maybe he is about to come out of the slump.  But, if he doesn't, he's a pretty big hole in the lineup. 

Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

I never considered going 1-4 a sign of a player about to come out of a slump.

And his numbers have been pretty much declining across the board since '08.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to With all of the......:
    [QUOTE]......finger pointing and bashing that the rfn does in here, why is pedroia getting a free pass? He has pefrormed very poorly this year and is probably the one true sparkplug/team leader on the sawx.
    Posted by The-Babe-1[/QUOTE]

Same reason Jeter gets a pass, track record.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

true - not everyone can have their best year every season.  Pedroia will always be here and we will be glad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

In Response to With all of the......:
    [QUOTE]......finger pointing and bashing that the rfn does in here, why is pedroia getting a free pass? He has performed very poorly this year and is probably the one true sparkplug/team leader on the sawx.

I think the answer can be summed up with one word ........HISTORY. Personally, I can't understand why any players are bashed by individuals that call themselves fans. Baseball is a game of ebb and flow and using a limited amount of at bats and small sample sizes to attack a player goes beyond absurd.

I wish that Silly Beni would return and comment on Jeter's recent offensive output!!

I can somewhat understand why fans were down on Crawford's performance, based on his salary and the expectations coming in to Boston. There was no history with the team to fall back on.

Pedroia will be fine but it does appear hypocritical that he has maintained his slot in the batting order when at the same time Crawford was moved all over the lineup based on recent performance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to With all of the...... : Same reason Jeter gets a pass, track record.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

LOL....Jeter has not gotten a free pass. His poor start has been all over the NY papers, people calling for him to be moved down the lineup and even some saying he should be benched.

Haven't seen much of that regarding the hobbit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Babe, good point.  I actually think Pedey should get a free pass, for all the reasons pointed out in this thread.  But I also think Crawford, Tek, Wake, Dice, Drew, Tito, Theo, Youk, Gonzalez (hard to believe people were on his case, so weird) should get free passes as well for the same reasons.  I don't see the point of trashing players before the whole story of the season is told.  Things have a way of flipping on ya in besbol.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Babe seems to be lashing out at Pedroia because some fool started that thread saying he is the best hitting secondbaseman in MLB.  But most of us, me included, didn't agree with that silly thesis.

In 2008 Pedroia became the smallest AL MVP in several decades.  Can anyone remember a smaller one (or anyone with a bigger heart)?

So Babe, the talented pig who doubles as a sheepdog but doesn't know much about MLB, establishes 2008 as the standard for Pedroia.

There was a little drop off in 2009, but last year Pedroia was headed for numbers like 2008--OPS of .860 v. 2008's 869; 85 rbi's vs. 83 in 2008; but a little under on runs (headed for 110 vs. 118).  More to the point, the moment Pedroia went on the DL because of the broken foot, the Sox went from very hot to kind of luke warm. 

This year it's still a little early to throw him on the scrap heap of history as Babe would so dearly love to do. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With all of the...... : I never considered going 1-4 a sign of a player about to come out of a slump. And his numbers have been pretty much declining across the board since '08.

wow what a GREAT point.  Pedroia has had ONE full season since 08, which was 09 which was a pretty darn good season ohhh no so he hit 2 less home runs and and drove in 11 less from his MVP campaign!!!!, in '10 he was injured and played less than half a season and we are barely a month into the 2011 season.  So I wouldn't try and make the argument that  Pedroia is on the decline. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, good point.  I actually think Pedey should get a free pass, for all the reasons pointed out in this thread.  But I also think Crawford, Tek, Wake, Dice, Drew, Tito, Theo, Youk, Gonzalez (hard to believe people were on his case, so weird) should get free passes as well for the same reasons.  I don't see the point of trashing players before the whole story of the season is told.  Things have a way of flipping on ya in besbol.    

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE

Hard to say tek should get a free pass, he's been a black hole in the lineup for quite some time now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With all of the...... : [QUOTE]Babe, good point.  I actually think Pedey should get a free pass, for all the reasons pointed out in this thread.  But I also think Crawford, Tek, Wake, Dice, Drew, Tito, Theo, Youk, Gonzalez (hard to believe people were on his case, so weird) should get free passes as well for the same reasons.  I don't see the point of trashing players before the whole story of the season is told.  Things have a way of flipping on ya in besbol.     Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE Hard to say tek should get a free pass, he's been a black hole in the lineup for quite some time now.

yes he has babe.  but as far as the finger-pointing/bashing that you speak of, he has a free pass from me for life.  Reasons?  a. honor.  call it lifetime achievement award or something, but Tek is everything right about the Sox, so, even though i will recognize that he is indeed an offensive black hole most of the time (great night last night though!), i will never lambaste him.  and, b. dude can still handle a staff with skill.  Not saying CERA uber alles or anything like that, just saying the man is not without his value.  But, yeah, call it blind allegiance, pathetic sentimentalism, what you will, but Tek gets a pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

ummmmm sorta like how some posters in here have been a black hole on this forum for some time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With all of the...... : LOL....Jeter has not gotten a free pass. His poor start has been all over the NY papers, people calling for him to be moved down the lineup and even some saying he should be benched. Haven't seen much of that regarding the hobbit.

......finger pointing and bashing that the rfn does in here, why is pedroia getting a free pass?

Make up your mind. Are you talking about fans or the media?
    If it's too taxing for the those three brain cells of yours to figure out, we'll understand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Why should we criticize a guy who gives his all every single night just because he's in a slump? I wouldn't waste a second fretting about Dustin Pedroia's bat. And he is the heart and soul of this team, no question about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]Babe seems to be lashing out at Pedroia because some fool started that thread saying he is the best hitting secondbaseman in MLB.  But most of us, me included, didn't agree with that silly thesis. In 2008 Pedroia became the smallest AL MVP in several decades.  Can anyone remember a smaller one (or anyone with a bigger heart)? So Babe, the talented pig who doubles as a sheepdog but doesn't know much about MLB, establishes 2008 as the standard for Pedroia. There was a little drop off in 2009, but last year Pedroia was headed for numbers like 2008--OPS of .860 v. 2008's 869; 85 rbi's vs. 83 in 2008; but a little under on runs (headed for 110 vs. 118).  More to the point, the moment Pedroia went on the DL because of the broken foot, the Sox went from very hot to kind of luke warm.  This year it's still a little early to throw him on the scrap heap of history as Babe would so dearly love to do. 

Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

That thread is old and I addressed it.

The reason I brought it up is as I was watching him struggle again last night and then they mentioned the double was his first extra base hit in quite sometime made me wonder why we haven't seen any hobbit bashing here or in the papers or on espn.com.

PS - I have forgotten more about baseball then you will ever know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think it's because he is a lifetime 300 hitter who has only had 120 at bats this year.  One would have to be an idiot to panic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

what's the point in calling Pedroia a "hobbit" making fun of his size.  Pedroia has more class than any Sox player, plays the game  at full speed, doesn't cheat, has a great personality, and gives back to the community.  A player with the same characteristics on the Yankees who comes to mind is Jeter; you won't find any classy Sox fan making fun of Jeter, as a matter of fact most Sox fans love and highly respect Jeter.  Show some class babe

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]what's the point in calling Pedroia a "hobbit" making fun of his size.  Pedroia has more class than any Sox player, plays the game  at full speed, doesn't cheat, has a great personality, and gives back to the community.  A player with the same characteristics on the Yankees who comes to mind is Jeter; you won't find any classy Sox fan making fun of Jeter, as a matter of fact most Sox fans love and highly respect Jeter.  Show some class babe
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]what's the point in calling Pedroia a "hobbit" making fun of his size.  Pedroia has more class than any Sox player, plays the game  at full speed, doesn't cheat, has a great personality, and gives back to the community.  A player with the same characteristics on the Yankees who comes to mind is Jeter; you won't find any classy Sox fan making fun of Jeter, as a matter of fact most Sox fans love and highly respect Jeter.  Show some class babe

Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't been reading much in here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With all of the...... : It might be hard for your single brain cell to figure out but I was speaking about both the press and the rfn.

That's not what you said.
    Poor Babe, steps in it again.

But, because you seem to have such a difficult time with simple baseball concepts, I'll explain why the press writes about Jeter and not Pedroia.
    Jeter is soon to be 37 and possibly in decline dure to his age. Pedrioa is 27 and obviously not (to most of us, at least) in decline due to his age.

Jeter's case makes for interesting reading; is he's slipping due to age or just in a long (over a season) slump?

Pedrioa is going through what every good hitter goes through. Just ask Cano. Is he getting Killed for hitting .185 in May? He's been as bad as Pedrioa this month.

Should be clear enough, even for you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think that the situation with Jeter this year is different because of his age.   Combine that with his down year last year and the slow start this year and it's understandable that Yankee people are going to start worrying that he's reached the end as a productive hitter. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With all of the...... : You obviously haven't been reading much in here.

What does that mean? are you referring to the occasional smiley beni post that makes fun of Jeter and all things Yankee, you think that represents all Sox fans??? do you still think your comments bashing a persons physical characteristics isn't classless? what does that have to do with Baseball?

Just look deep inside, deep down, really deep and try to pull out just a little class. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tallcoolone. Show tallcoolone's posts

pedroia gets a PASS because he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played.
    when the season's over he will be hitting in the high .290's and scoring over 100 runs.
    by then BABE, you'll be long gone and hard to find.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With all of the...... : That's not what you said. Poor Babe, steps in it again. But, because you seem to have such a difficult time with simple baseball concepts, I'll explain why the press writes about Jeter and not Pedroia. Jeter is soon to be 37 and possibly in decline dure to his age. Pedrioa is 27 and obviously not (to most of us, at least) in decline due to his age. Jeter's case makes for interesting reading; is he's slipping due to age or just in a long (over a season) slump? Pedrioa is going through what every good hitter goes through. Just ask Cano. Is he getting Killed for hitting .185 in May? He's been as bad as Pedrioa this month. Should be clear enough, even for you.

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Geez, who cares whether I said the fans or the writers in my first post. I mean both of them.

As far as Cano is concerned, last I checked he still leads the team in BA, hits and RBI's, and the team is in first place. Pretty tough to get on Cano for that.

Meanwhile, the hobbit has struggled pretty much all season aside from very early on while the team has struggled mightily to stay out of the cellar.

Huge difference.

Sections
Shortcuts