With all of the......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: With all of the......

In Response to Re: With all of the......:
    In Response to Re: With all of the...... : Great insight from a fool with all of one post. You don't know me very well.
    Posted by The-Babe-1

Haven't you had "one" post about 100 times now???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: With all of the...... : LOL....Jeter has not gotten a free pass. His poor start has been all over the NY papers, people calling for him to be moved down the lineup and even some saying he should be benched. Haven't seen much of that regarding the hobbit.
    Posted by The-Babe-1

This just goes to show you the superiority of Boston fans, doesn't it?  Unlike New York fans, they actually have some sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

In Response to Re: With all of the...... : Great insight from a fool with all of one post. You don't know me very well. Are you saying that Jeter doesn't play the game the way it's supposed to be played so he doesn't get a free pass?
    Posted by The-Babe-1

Yea Babe is like a bad penny always find his way back here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: With all of the...... : Haven't you had "one" post about 100 times now???

Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

Probably, but you guys know who I am. If that fool really thinks that I won't be around at the end of this season then he must truly be on his 1st post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh, you'l be around, Babe, lobbing grenades as usual. But at least you're honest about it, unlike some who claim to be Sox fans but obviously aren't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

Oh, you'l be around, Babe, lobbing grenades as usual. But at least you're honest about it, unlike some who claim to be Sox fans but obviously aren't.

Posted by LloydDobler

You know me Lloyd. I don't run and hide whether my team is doing well or not. Same as if the sawx are doing well or not. I'm here to take my lumps if things aren't going in my favor, not like silly betty and spc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In 2008 Pedroia became the smallest AL MVP in several decades.  Can anyone remember a smaller one (or anyone with a bigger heart)?

1954 MVP Bobby Avila, 2B, sparkplug leader of pennant winning Cleveland Indians batted .341 for the season.  At 5'10", 175 lbs, he was an inch taller than Pedroia, but Pedey outweighs him by 5 lbs.

As for 'heart' size, each team would side with their own!

I will acknowledge that after his 6th season his numbers tailed off considerably.  He did, however, end up with a .281 career batting average over an 11 season career. 

Avila had a brief stint with the Sox in his final year, 1959.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: With all of the...... :  In 2008 Pedroia became the smallest AL MVP in several decades.  Can anyone remember a smaller one (or anyone with a bigger heart)? 1954 MVP Bobby Avila, 2B, sparkplug leader of pennant winning Cleveland Indians batted .341 for the season.  At 5'10", 175 lbs, he was an inch taller than Pedroia, but Pedey outweighs him by 5 lbs. As for 'heart' size, each team would side with their own! I will acknowledge that after his 6th season his numbers tailed off considerably.  He did, however, end up with a .281 career batting average over an 11 season career.  Avila had a brief stint with the Sox in his final year, 1959.

Posted by dustcover

How about Phil Rizzuto at 5'6" and 150 lbs winning the MVP in 1950......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: With all of the...... : How about Phil Rizzuto at 5'6" and 150 lbs winning the MVP in 1950......
    Posted by The-Babe-1

No doubt Babe. A truer hobbit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Babe said :

LOL....Jeter has not gotten a free pass. His poor start has been all over the NY papers, people calling for him to be moved down the lineup and even some saying he should be benched.

So I guess what you are really saying is that Yankee fans would bash there own mothers if they had a .200 average. Plenty of statues over there in Bronxville but no appreciation or patience anymore I guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

Babe said : LOL....Jeter has not gotten a free pass. His poor start has been all over the NY papers, people calling for him to be moved down the lineup and even some saying he should be benched. So I guess what you are really saying is that Yankee fans would bash there own mothers if they had a .200 average. Plenty of statues over there in Bronxville but no appreciation or patience anymore I guess.

Posted by mikzor

Didn't say that at all. What I asked was why does the hobbit get a free pass from all the bashing from the rfn and the beantowne press?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Tell us something we don't know Babe????  We know Pedey is in a horrible slump.  We also KNOW, based on lots of experience that HE WILL BREAK OUT!  We also know Cano is a great player.  We'd still take Pedey!  Fact is, it's tough to really get down on a guy who's struggling to find his swing after being out for soooooooo long last year.  The puzzling thing is, HOW he came out so hot early on????  Strange???  Yuke also.... Coming off of a major injury.  Still struggling....  Hard to get down on him also.  Like Pedey, the guy is a dirt dog!  He will break out too!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have an intelligible point?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

It IS what you said. You just didnt mean to say it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

It IS what you said. You just didnt mean to say it.

Posted by mikzor

No, I said the papers...meaning newspapers which are written by reporters who may or may not be fans.

I know with your limited reading comprehension skills it gets a little tough in here for you at times but this one was relatively easy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]Tell us something we don't know Babe????  We know Pedey is in a horrible slump.  We also KNOW, based on lots of experience that HE WILL BREAK OUT!  We also know Cano is a great player.  We'd still take Pedey!  Fact is, it's tough to really get down on a guy who's struggling to find his swing after being out for soooooooo long last year.  The puzzling thing is, HOW he came out so hot early on????  Strange???  Yuke also.... Coming off of a major injury.  Still struggling....  Hard to get down on him also.  Like Pedey, the guy is a dirt dog!  He will break out too!!!!!!!!!! Do you have an intelligible point?

Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE

I wasn't "telling you something you don't know"....that's a long list and I don't think either of us has that kind of time left on this earth.

I wasn't pointing out that he is slumping, that's pretty obvious. I simply wanted to know why the beantown press and the rfn are giving him a free pass.

As far as you KNOWING based on EXPERIENCE, what he did last year or two years ago has nothing to do with what goes on this season. So, basically, you KNOW squat.

What Cano has to do with this is beyond me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Babe said:

No, I said the papers...meaning newspapers which are written by reporters who may or may not be fans.

I know with your limited reading comprehension skills it gets a little tough in here for you at times but this one was relatively easy.

And yet, your original post asked why rfn (you know, fans) werent complaining about him. So, are Yankees fans complaining about Jeter or not? Cause if they arent, then why is it an issue for Sox fans and not Yankee fans? And if they are, well see my post above. Try and decide up front what you are trying to say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

Babe said: No, I said the papers...meaning newspapers which are written by reporters who may or may not be fans. I know with your limited reading comprehension skills it gets a little tough in here for you at times but this one was relatively easy. And yet, your original post asked why rfn (you know, fans) werent complaining about him. So, are Yankees fans complaining about Jeter or not? Cause if they arent, then why is it an issue for Sox fans and not Yankee fans? And if they are, well see my post above. Try and decide up front what you are trying to say.

Posted by mikzor

I'm sure some do, can't have all happy campers.

Can you answer the question?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Yup. My answer is:
    I am sure some do. We cant have all happy campers.

Sections
Shortcuts