With lefty Chen on the mound tonight,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: With lefty Chen on the mound tonight,

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Will Farrell let Bogaerts make his Fenway debut tonight?

Hope so...... DAD & BILL-806 had lunch today with BEN,  they will start Bogaerts and look to pack the park !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Hope so...... DAD & BILL-806 had lunch today with BEN,  they will start Bogaerts and look to pack the park !!!

I don't think there will be many empty seats tonight no matter who starts at SS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Lineup is in.  X is out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The percentage move would be to play Bogaerts. I am sure Farrell has his reasons for playing Drew. Just have to see how it works out. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The percentage move would be to play Bogaerts. I am sure Farrell has his reasons for playing Drew. Just have to see how it works out. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

He, JF , is as nice or nicer than Tito...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Bogaerts has a better chance of getting a hit or two than Drew, but Drew is not going to be benched or platooned at this point in the year.

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Drew is doing fine.  Two walks and a good fielding play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

As it turned out, it might have been a good game for Boogy to break in at Fenway.

Hard to complain about anything to do with tonight.

Lot's of numbers spiked tongiht. Here's alook at player's OPS after 6 innings:

.966  Papi 

.908  Carp (175 ABs)

.812  Nava

.798  Pedroia

.797  Salty

.793  Napoli

.786  Vict

.777  Boggy (9 ABs)

.769  Ells

.768  Gomes

.756  Drew

.706  Lava (60 ABs)

.690  Midd

.643  Ross (73 ABs)

Pretty balanced attack with 10 guys over .750 and 175 ABs.

I seriously doubt any other team comes close to 10 at .750+.

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Horrible lineup by Farrell.  A lousy stinking 13 runs.  What was he thinking?  If he would just read OTFB, he would know what to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

There's nothing more tiresome than all the armchair strategy wizards moaning and groaning about lineups and who's playing and who's resting.  What a waste of time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Then isn't it an even bigger waste of time responding to wasteful posts?

Wink

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Drew is doing fine.  Two walks and a good fielding play.

I concur Drew's a professional hitter who's ops since the All Star Break is north of 800. I think it's time everyone realizes that Drew is our starting SS and for good reason he's earned it with his play on the field and unless he goes down will be for the remainder of the year. 

Bogaert's was not called up to replace Drew or platoon with him, he was called up to replace Iglesias. Who's role was to play both SS and 3B... Xander's time is coming soon enough, the Sox are giving the kid a chance to get his feet wet while filling a need without the pressure to produce on what are lofty expectations. In the end he likely would have been called up in September anyhow so instead of a cup of coffee with the big club, he's being serve a grande. It's a win win for both the club and Boegarts. He gets to live the life of a big leaguer, contribute to the teams success, filling a need they otherwise would have had to acquire, while gaining invaluable experience. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I agree and though I would like to see Xander in there every night he is soaking up all the moments that he will have a chance to tell his future teammates about; what it was like to be in a pennant drive in 2013, what you have to do in certain situations, how Vic had a 7 RBI night to turn the tide on the O's or how current teammate Doubrount was  masterful on the mound and everyone played their part--a different hero in Aug/ Sept. That's why he was brought up in addition to quietly putting some pressure on Drew and WMB the last two months.

In two years the Sox will be Xander's team---that will be soon enough for today's 20 year old.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Agree with most of the posters about X.B.  Drew have so much experience as a full time all around SS.  Right now the Sox are doing well with him in the line up.  Why bother to try to experience with another player.  This nine current regulars are the ones carried the team this year along with Carp, Ross (sort of) and Nava.   Leave this team alone.  IT is already build as a world series contender.

XB can wait another year to try to become a future major league SS.  All he need to do to have a good spring training.  If not I would hope that Drew do come back for another year!!

Let hope that Boston do win it all this year before we can worry about next season!!