With Papi Playing 4 of 6 on Trip, DL Napoli and bring up Bogaerts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

With Papi Playing 4 of 6 on Trip, DL Napoli and bring up Bogaerts

Why not?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: With Papi Playing 4 of 6 on Trip, DL Napoli and bring up Bogaerts

If the report is correct WMB is taking some time around 1 B --if Nap goes on the DL with the Plantar Fasciitis--it might be Xander time unless Snyder comes off the DL and alternates with Ortiz @ 1 B with WMB staying at 3 B.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Middy is your third baseman for the duration.  I haven' been listening to sox news but i doubt Middy is prepping to play first.

Boggie has too many errors and is not aggressive enough.  He has a fine arm from the grass part of the infield but the deeper he goes the less effective his arm becomes.  Boggie has developed another bad habit which I saw him do last night.  He double clutches and it almost cost him another error last night.

A guy sat down behind me last night and it was his first time at McCoy this season.  He could not wait to see Boggie play.  By the 5th inning he said he did not understand what all the hype was about.

Interesting analysis. I don't see the need to rush Xander before he's ready. The hype that surrounds prospects gets ridiculous, even if they are as good as they hype.

The one thing I will say is on the last part concerning the guy who sat behind you. If he's making a judgement of a player based on five innings, he's an idiot. And beyond that, you can often see how good a player is even when he's having a bad game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Middy is your third baseman for the duration.  I haven' been listening to sox news but i doubt Middy is prepping to play first.

Boggie has too many errors and is not aggressive enough.  He has a fine arm from the grass part of the infield but the deeper he goes the less effective his arm becomes.  Boggie has developed another bad habit which I saw him do last night.  He double clutches and it almost cost him another error last night.

A guy sat down behind me last night and it was his first time at McCoy this season.  He could not wait to see Boggie play.  By the 5th inning he said he did not understand what all the hype was about.

He was fielding at 1st base today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Middy was taking grounders at 1b before he was demoted. I imagine in case of emergency. Not sure Id just start switching players positions like they are in little league, unless they are 100% ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

good, its about time middy starts learning to play first. having that versatility not helps us, but it also adds to his trade value as well. DL napoli, middy plays 1B, boegarts 3B drew SS. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I've seen him play a few times and he's the real deal. He's 20 hitting .290 in AAA w/ 9 HR's in a little over 200 AB's. The guy that sat behind you was a clueless fool. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've seen him play a few times and he's the real deal. He's 20 hitting .290 in AAA w/ 9 HR's in a little over 200 AB's. The guy that sat behind you was a clueless fool. 

[/QUOTE]

An in depth analysis for sure.  Keith Law, Jim Cali's, Ben Badler, Baseball America, baseball prospectus, Soxprospects , fan graphs, minourleague ball, scout.com, sox front office, ESPN MOVE OVER! Guy who saw one game in Pawtucket is the new evaluator of MLB talent coming to town. 

Sorry jack......couldn't help myself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bogaerts is being called up today. My thread may be correct.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

we knew he was gong to get the call eventually. just a matter of when. This is a pretty good time to do it too btw.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Less pressure on the road. We'll see MLB, is a different animal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

interesting timing on the call up. right after a very very disappointing loss to the NYY. Trying to help us forget about it and move on quickly. Something different to talk about maybe?

I think he needs to play some SS for Drew against LHP. I was supporting Drew earlier in the season, but come August I have very little patience. I could care less about any players feeling or whatever. Whoever is hitting plays, whoever isnt, doesnt. Bogey is playing good defense and is hitting the ball well.

I just hope that fans dont have high expectations for him. Just realistic ones. Remember that hes NEVER played one game in MLB and is 20years old. I have confidence he will do a good job. Hopefully he can have a couple big moments. Middy is going to play, so Drew has to be the odd man out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Why not?

Naps is not hurt.... Move made by management . Naps is taken one for team so changes can be made....You know by now the old fake injury thing. What would be gained by keeping Naps ( K-Naps or the human flyswatter ) at 1st. Must try something to give the team a spark.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

interesting timing on the call up. right after a very very disappointing loss to the NYY. Trying to help us forget about it and move on quickly. Something different to talk about maybe?

I think he needs to play some SS for Drew against LHP. I was supporting Drew earlier in the season, but come August I have very little patience. I could care less about any players feeling or whatever. Whoever is hitting plays, whoever isnt, doesnt. Bogey is playing good defense and is hitting the ball well.

I just hope that fans dont have high expectations for him. Just realistic ones. Remember that hes NEVER played one game in MLB and is 20years old. I have confidence he will do a good job. Hopefully he can have a couple big moments. Middy is going to play, so Drew has to be the odd man out.

[/QUOTE]

I agree southpaw the timing is a bit odd. But I do like the idea of him starting out on the road a little less pressure. I just hope they don't platoon him with Drew. He needs to play everyday, if your not going to do that leave him in AAA till the rosters expand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Unfortunately, he should have been called up after Friday night's game like I had stated. They had a useless roster spot in Holt for how many days now? A month? When Napoli was slumping, they could have had both Middlebrooks and Bogaerts in the lineup.

17. This post has been removed.