With tears in my eyes, goodbye Tito and Theo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806.....

Convincing people to put faith in flags is the Devil's greatest trick Bill.

Nevertheless, welcome ... New Bill ...

In the flames of destruction, OPPORTUNITY!

Go Sox 2012!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806.....

In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806.....:
    [QUOTE]Convincing people to put faith in flags is the Devil's greatest trick Bill. Nevertheless, welcome ... New Bill ... In the flames of destruction, OPPORTUNITY! Go Sox 2012!!!!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]Actually his greatest trick was convincing people he didn't exist. Placing faith in flags comes  close second though.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806..... : Actually his greatest trick was convincing people he didn't exist. Placing faith in flags comes  close second though.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

good point carnie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: With tears in my eyes, goodbye Tito and Theo

Let's not forget that Easter Bunny chap, too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806..... : SPACEMAN......  I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS DEVIL STUFF......  I THOUGHT THAT AFTER 7,000 ++++ POSTS, WOULD SORT OF INDICATE WHERE I STAND ON ISSUES AND THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT I AM......  AS LARRY LUCCIANO'S WOULD SAY.... "IM A BIT PUZZLED BY THAT RESPONSE"  ??????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

No doubt Bill.  And, after close to 7000 posts myself, I though it would sort of indicate what my response would be to your stands on issues  Tongue Out.  Now, as to the type of person that you are, you are of the best sort.  I'd drink a sixer on the porch with you anythime my friend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Bill-806 seems to enjoy waving the ultra-conservative flag. It is not a popular stance among Republicans, look at what happened to Sarah Palin ( 8 percent of Republicans wanted her).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]Convincing people to put faith in flags is the Devil's greatest trick Bill. Nevertheless, welcome ... New Bill ... In the flames of destruction, OPPORTUNITY! Go Sox 2012!!!!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

The Devil's #2 trick is making cheese so tasty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

there is no cryin' in baseball Bill.....it is a new day....rejoice!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, goodbye Tito and Theo:
    [QUOTE]there is no cryin' in baseball Bill.....it is a new day....rejoice!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Says "Mr. Sunshine" of the forum from May - August.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806..... :   OR SHUCKS SPACE.....  YOUR RIGHT.....  IT'S THE TOUNG IN CHEEK STUFF THAT MAKES THIS BOARD WORK.......  ZILLY IS GOOD AT THAT TOO !!

Very true my friend.  that being said, there was nothing tongue-in-cheek in my posts.  I was serious about the Devil's greatest trick being getting people to put faith in flags (well, next to the whole convincing the world he didn't exist and also making cheese taste so great thing).  And i was also serious about drinking a six on the porch with ya.  Cheers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806..... :   OR SHUCKS SPACE.....  YOUR RIGHT.....  IT'S THE TOUNG IN CHEEK STUFF THAT MAKES THIS BOARD WORK.......  ZILLY IS GOOD AT THAT TOO !!

"Tongue in Cheek" = Insincerity, dishonesty, trolling. stirring the pot, playing Devil's advocate. playing contrarian, and overall pr-ick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806..... : "Tongue in Cheek" = Insincerity, dishonesty, trolling. stirring the pot, playing Devil's advocate. playing contrarian, and overall pr-ick.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Utica- Hey, if it is not a mystery you would rather not reveal, who did you used to be ... screen-name-wise ... ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806..... : Utica- Hey, if it is not a mystery you would rather not reveal, who did you used to be ... screen-name-wise ... ?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I get banned for being a Red Sox zealot and have zero tolerance for trolls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WITH TEARS IN MY EYES, GOOD-BYE TITO & THEO TOO....WELCOME THE NEW BILL-806..... : I get banned for being a Red Sox zealot and have zero tolerance for trolls.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Oh, hi Pike.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Try to guess who Shaughnessy is on the forum?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I thought the Devil's greatest trick was inhabiting Dick Cheney's body.....

Imagine no Religion...... Imagine there's no country.....  goo goo g'joob

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the Devil's greatest trick was inhabiting Dick Cheney's body..... Imagine no Religion...... Imagine there's no country.....  goo goo g'joob
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Its all one trick.  see, the Devil first convinced the world he didn't exist.  This bought him enough time to eat so much of his own ungodly-delicious cheese that his physical form altered to the one we have come to know as Dick Cheney.  He then wrapped himself in the flag and convinced people to have faith in him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, goodbye Tito and Theo : Its all one trick.  see, the Devil first convinced the world he didn't exist.  This bought him enough time to eat so much of his own ungodly-delicious cheese that his physical form altered to the one we have come to know as Dick Cheney.  He then wrapped himself in the flag and convinced people to have faith in him.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]LOL, good one space. Way to tie all the thoughts together.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Keyser Soze solution:

“And then he showed these men of will what will really is.”

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The OP is about right.  No tears for me, but I agree they both had a great run.  September made Francona's departure inevitable even though it was primarily starting pitching that did the Sox in.  And Epstein is leaving because the Cubs are throwing a mountain of cash at him, not because Henry doesn't like him or want him. 

Funny how things turn out.  Five months into this season, the Sox were having a great year and headed for 100 wins.  Even the constant boo birds like georom and bosox1941 had to be cautious about their constant complaints, usually directed at Francona. 

Then the pitching collapsed, the guys started making more errors, and the hitting couldn't pick up the slack because Youk was out, CC was still mediocre, and Ortiz disappeared (1 dinger and 8 rbi's in September).  Ironically, I am all in favor of blaming it on the manager, who certainly seemed willing to accept the blame for not being able to turn this team around, to say nothing of controlling the clubhouse, etc. 

But, as bill-806 says, Francona and Epstein did have a great run, and that includes this season up until around August 27 or so. 

If the Sox had scraped together a couple of more wins in September and won the wild card slot, the playoffs almost certainly would have ended in the ALDS and the Sox would still have to figure out how to fix this team for next year.  Francona might still have left, and Epstein almost certainly would have because the Cubs owner is willing to pay a lot to get him. 

Sections
Shortcuts