With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........

Just DESPICABLE  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........

And yet, with all that bad baseball (mostly Pitching), they still have a reasonable shot at the WC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........

In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........:
    And yet, with all that bad baseball (mostly Pitching), they still have a reasonable shot at the WC.
    Posted by nhsteven
    I haven't given up yet. I'm thinking I might not like my signature much in October though. Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........:
    In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........ : I haven't given up yet. I'm thinking I might not like my signature much in October though.
    Posted by carnie

Sounds like you have all your bases covered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........ : Sounds like you have all your bases covered.
    Posted by nhsteven
    I've been a Red Sox fan for a long time...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Bill,    My oldest brother was manic-depressive (now diagosed as bi-polar in most cases).  He could swing from highs to lows almost as much as you do.    This season is a lot like his extended periods of lows or depression.  But just as you and I can't control how the Sox play, he never could control when he'd get jazzed or when he'd strike bottom.  Except when he used speed.  He could ramp things up even more then....   Learn, brother, the league has grown stronger.  We can do nothing about that but we can be expansive in our understanding of that reality.  When we knowingly add that to injury and some uncharacteristic bad pitching by our erstwhile aces, Lester and Beckett, things are tough.    Do not be overraught ... there will be good times again.  Perhaps even this season.  Your love for our dear Sox is evident, but allow them and yourself opportunity to recover, rebuild and then again rejoice!
    Posted by SinceYaz

Nice advice yaz for all baseball fans...and hi btw...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill don't despair man, team will get better again, not this year probably but they will be back. It's hard to be a fan sometimes right now but keep the faith in whatever way you can. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just for the record........ "LET ME BE CLEAR" !!!   Im not down on the team, matter a fact I find them an interesting, gutty,hard working, looking to win as any other Red $ox team that I have watched since the days of Teddy-Ballgame etal......  However, this thread was/is all about the DAMAGE done to the team by a "FEW" overpaid, overweight, underperforming,poison attitudes, that have taken hostage of the other 22 players on the roster. (and im not talking about Carl Crawford, yes a bad contract, but he is working is butt off trying to overcome & help this team!!)  I only hope that Ben C. can make some "waiver-wire" moves to cleanse this problem !!!!   Go Sox, go Kids, Go NAVY  !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

However, this thread was/is all about the DAMAGE done to the team by a "FEW" overpaid, overweight, underperforming,poison attitudes, that have taken hostage of the other 22 players on the roster.

hmmm, so there are 3 subversives in the Sox locker room...I think I can name two of them that you are referring to, your favorite player Beckett and the uninvolved this season Lackey...

...but who is the 3rd?? I doubt it is the other Texas native Buchholz that you are referring to, so I will guess Lester...do you really believe he is a poison too??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

However, this thread was/is all about the DAMAGE done to the team by a "FEW" overpaid, overweight, underperforming,poison attitudes, that have taken hostage of the other 22 players on the roster. hmmm, so there are 3 subversives in the Sox locker room...I think I can name two of them that you are referring to, your favorite player Beckett and the uninvolved this season Lackey... ...but who is the 3rd?? I doubt it is the other Texas native Buchholz that you are referring to, so I will guess Lester...do you really believe he is a poison too??
    Posted by Soxdog67
    So Mrs. Lincoln, how is that other ACE Jon Lester doing ??????  Poison ?? Not sure, However, results speak for themselves !!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I have stopped watching the games for the most part because it is to agonizing. I follow the box scores and watch some high lights because it is easier to deal with. It would be great to see the team go on a roll but it will be very hard to do when your best starting pitchers are lost on the mound. I like the way Buch has turned it around and Morales looks like a great find but other than those two we are getting nothing from anyone else. Its sad to see because the team has money to work with but cant do anything because of the ridiculous over paid veterans who cant or wont lead this team. This team reminds me of the old teams that always had great hitting and never had enough pitching, so they were just good enough to be entertaining but were never really capable of winning a championship.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........ : So Mrs. Lincoln, how is that other ACE Jon Lester doing ??????  Poison ?? Not sure, However, results speak for themselves !!
    Posted by Bill-806

Not sure I understand the Mrs Lincoln reference but I wasn't around when Abe got shot...BUT...Do you always want to run players who are slumping out of town??

If so, there would be many players over the years that should have been moved because they were slumping...including our feisty little 2nd baseman.

The situations with Beckett and Lackey are different...Beckett appears to have lost the desire to be great along with a few miles on his fastball...and Lackey's approach just seems to rub people the wrong way...but apparently not his teammates. It will be interesting if Lackey's poor performance can be attributed to his arm issues...he was a pretty good pitcher in LA and healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........ : focus on the kids and smile....the future will be better..especially when slosh leaves the team...
    Posted by georom4

You're right about the kids ... they have been fun so far and many of you guys know a lot more about the others coming up.  I remember when we started talking about that Will Middlebrooks kid ...

He wasn't ranked that high as a prospect by the experts, but you guys noticed ... and here he is!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: With tears in my eyes, I am down on both knees with the events of today's 10-9 loss........ : Not sure I understand the Mrs Lincoln reference but I wasn't around when Abe got shot...BUT...Do you always want to run players who are slumping out of town?? If so, there would be many players over the years that should have been moved because they were slumping...including our feisty little 2nd baseman. The situations with Beckett and Lackey are different...Beckett appears to have lost the desire to be great along with a few miles on his fastball...and Lackey's approach just seems to rub people the wrong way...but apparently not his teammates. It will be interesting if Lackey's poor performance can be attributed to his arm issues...he was a pretty good pitcher in LA and healthy.
    Posted by Soxdog67
    aND THAT SON IS A  b i n g o !!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I've also quit. All of your folks have been right all along. Wait till next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Lackey is toxic man, you can just see it on his face. Why on Earth that bas-tard is allowed anywhere near the dugout during game time is beyond me. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Lackey is toxic man, you can just see it on his face. Why on Earth that bas-tard is allowed anywhere near the dugout during game time is beyond me. 
    Posted by EnchiladaT
    I agree with you about Lackey. It's odd that Lester and Beckett's troubles started right around the time Lackey showed up. Could he be the anti-ace?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

You can easily see that Slackey and Buckett don't give a damn and are just happy to be pocketing the dollars. Definite cancers in the clubhouse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Anti-Ace indeed!  Seriously he a jack-azz. I also have no doubt Beckett is a slob... put them together and the ship goes down. Maybe had a new Pedro walked through the door instead of Lackey then Beckett would have stayed in line.

Lester might benefit from a new leader on the pitching staff, hopefully he is still salvagable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Eat Buckett's contract and give him a ride to the airport. I'll drive him there for no charge.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts