With the Dodgers struggling.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

With the Dodgers struggling.....

The RS should make a deal to get Kemp. We need a RH RF in the worst way who can hit.
    The Dodgers need pitching. I say we trade Buch for Kemp straight up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Re: With the Dodgers struggling.....

Don't know if this would be worth it.

But believe me, Theo will pull the trigger on a deal to fill a perceived weakness.  He always does.

Improving RF is on target.  Jeff Francoeur?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Buchholz will be a fixture in the rotation for years to come. Who would take his place? Are you assuming that Miller is going to work out? It's still a question mark whether or not he is over the control problems that have plagued him his whole career so far. Aceves is more needed in the bullpen. Lackey is a question mark.

He would be a nice addition, but this team is not hurting for offense this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Wait till the trading deadline and players become a little cheaper to get.
    Why give up SP now when you may get away with less later. Since we can afford to wait awhile.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: With the Dodgers struggling.....:
    [QUOTE]Don't know if this would be worth it. But believe me, Theo will pull the trigger on a deal to fill a perceived weakness.  He always does. Improving RF is on target.  Jeff Francoeur?

Posted by drpjn[/QUOTE]

Actually, no, he doesn't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to With the Dodgers struggling.....:
    [QUOTE]The RS should make a deal to get Kemp. We need a RH RF in the worst way who can hit. The Dodgers need pitching. I say we trade Buch for Kemp straight up.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE] ALI.....  BUCH IS NOT GOING TO BE MOVED.  I DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT KEMP, BUT I DO KNOW THAT GOOD YOUNG HOME-GROWN PITCHING IS "PRICELESS"  !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAZZER. Show YAZZER's posts

A good starting pitcher is far more valuable than a good starting position player.

no way!

do you think they'd take lackey and some prospects?
    probably not; just another player signed by THEO who nobody else wants.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to With the Dodgers struggling.....:
    [QUOTE]The RS should make a deal to get Kemp. We need a RH RF in the worst way who can hit. The Dodgers need pitching. I say we trade Buch for Kemp straight up.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Despite the offensive struggles from our right fielders, this team has enough offense.  There is no way I would give up Buchholz for Kemp.  As the saying goes, you can never have enough pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Don't get me wrong.  Kemp is a great player, and that may be a fair deal (or close to it)  But clearly Offense is not a need for this team as they lead the league in almost every offensive catagory.....They should hang onto the pitching they have, and if anything look to upgrade in the pitching department.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

A good starting pitcher is far more valuable than a good starting position player.

no way!

do you think they'd take lackey and some prospects?
    i, too, doubt it. just another terrible THEO SIGNING that nobody else wants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Don't get me wrong.  Kemp is a great player, and that may be a fair deal (or close to it)  But clearly Offense is not a need for this team as they lead the league in almost every offensive catagory.....They should hang onto the pitching they have, and if anything look to upgrade in the pitching department.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Point taken. The offense is good right now, but can you imagine that outfield?
    Big disparity in salaries as well. I didn't take that into consideration when I posted this.
    Perhaps at the TD we look to find a replacement for Drew.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Starting pitching is more important than the outfield. Kemp for Buch weakens the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Madness, madness. 

Buchholz is a high quality pitcher with many good years ahead, and good pitching is much harder to get than good hitting.

What is this fixation on a righty outfielder?  75% of the pitchers the Sox face are righties, which gives the advantage to lefty hitters.  Ortiz is still thriving at age 35 in part because he hits from the left side.  The HOF is chock full of great hitters from the left side--guys like Ruth, Gehrig, Williams, Musial, Cobb, etc. 

Right now I am happy with Ellsbury especially (a terrific year) and Crawford.  As for Drew, he is still getting $14M, so I can understand keeping him in RF, at least against righty starters.  Plus, if he needs to be replaced because he stays mired in the worst slump of his career, I would be fine with bringing Reddick back up. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Starting pitching is more important than the outfield. Kemp for Buch weakens the team.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]This could not be more true and is only magnified by the the ability to score runs that the offense as constructed has demonstrated.

Also I don't know why anyone thinks the Dodgers would relinquish control of their best players now. MLB has swooped into the Dodgers FO to take a level of control just to ensure that McCourt doesn't mess with the core of that team to solve his financial dilemma.

MLB wants the LA Dodgers to be a very relevant team. They want it to be an attractive purchase for the next owner because everyone but Frank McCourt seems to resigned to the fact that he is going to have sell that team in order to settle up with Jamie (his wife).

Now one could argue that the trade would be advantageous to the Dodgers because of the attractiveness of Clay's contract and the value of pitching. These are after all the same reasons the Rs would not be interested in the trade. But beyond that the long ball still puts fannies in the seats and Kemp makes the Dodgers a more attractive entertainment product than Buch pitching every 5th day. And having a middle of the order 150+ game a year player is at least equally appealing to a new owner as having a 32 appearance pitcher.

The Dodgers will look to move some players but it won't be Ethier or Kemp IMO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

No way, We have a minor leaguer in Reddick that could fill that RF spot if Drew could not anymore. 

Why on earth would you trade a great young pitcher like Buch? The guy can potentially be an ace for this team in the future and is a great triple threat with Lester/Beckett in front of him. 

Kemp is a good player but we don't need him and he isnt worth trading Buch away for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

We have been putting up huge offensive numbers lately and you think we need to trade a pitcher to get another bat? Why, Buch has #1 type stuff and just needs to keep his head in the game, stay focused and locate his pitches. Kemp could get here and not be able to handle the pressure or the much better pitching of the AL. I just don't get why either side would do this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Bellsbury, Lowrie and Miller or Doubrant would be more than enough to get Kemp.  If the Dodgers shop Kemp this summer, unlikely, push the deal this winter. Kemp should be the #1 long term target. He fits long term, and Cameron and Drew come off the books at year end. Perfect time to trade for Kemp and extend him as the long term LF'er who can also play limited split time CF, if needed. He will come much cheaper than the foolish contract for Wolfman, and he is a truly gifted overall OF talent.

Kemp LF
    Crawford RF (a joke for 20M man to be in LF over spacious RF)
    Kalish CF
    Veteran one year RH OF'er lower cost contract 4th OF'er

Theo would have to be blind not to see the obvious move to trade for a long term young RH OF'er fit.

For those of you praying that Bellsbury gets extended or signed as a FA, don't hold your breath.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

The Yankees will pursue Kemp if he reaches FA, and it's not likely the Dodgers will be able to extend Kemp to the numbers he'll be waiting for. Red Sox should look to beat other trade offers this winter and extend Kemp through FA.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Ellsbury and Lowrie and Miller or Doubrant will satify the Dodgers. The Red Sox have no need for Ethier.