With the "TRANSFORMATION" nearly completed, it will be refreshing to watch the KIDS.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

With the "TRANSFORMATION" nearly completed, it will be refreshing to watch the KIDS.......

Give us a glimpse of 2013..... WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALLERS  !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Re: With the

In response to With the :

if they don't do a major overhaul of the piching staff over the winter then watching the "kids"battle the jays and orioles for the basement in 2013 is gonna get real old real quick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

if they don't do a major overhaul of the piching staff over the winter then watching the "kids"battle the jays and orioles for the basement in 2013 is gonna get real old real quick

My sentiments exactly, if Anaheim is a indication of things to come, it's going to get ugly. IMO the fans are not going to settle for a 90-100 loss team, no matter that the kids are getting playing time. I realize it is early in their progression, but to think all the call-ups are going to perform at a major league level is folly at best. The Sox are still going to need to open the pocketbook, and use money judiciously to fill in inevitables holes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Rumor mill: Dodgers looking to trade Beckett to AL East Team in Boston which needs a starter. LOL

Hetch

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Son, there are dark years ahead in Red Sox land.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

They have plenty of money freed up. They need to spend it wisely to rebuild the team. The pitching is currently a disaster area.  As for the " kids " ; other teams have just as many , or more , good prospects. Ours are not going to be the answer in and of themselves. We always tend to overrate our prospects.  Bogaerts is the only one who looks like a pretty sure bet for stardom.  A few of the others have a chance, but are no sure thing.  When you look at the pitching matchups every day , the opponent nearly always has a starter with a lower ERA. Without a strong five man rotation there will be no improvement ," kids" or no "kids ".  What Ben does with the freed up money will determine his success and the success of the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes , it's all about pitching, however I don't miss the DRAMA at all !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I got to watch the "kids" last night. It was as predictable as the Angels 3-game sweep. The kids are not going to result in team victories and I think, Bill, you should understand this. It will be probably 3 to 4 years before the Sox seriously put a good enough team on the field to earn a playoff spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

IDK, not much fun watching Inglesias make outs everytime he picks up a bat

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

So refreshing ........Like dad always said be carefull what you wish for!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I got to watch the "kids" last night. It was as predictable as the Angels 3-game sweep. The kids are not going to result in team victories and I think, Bill, you should understand this. It will be probably 3 to 4 years before the Sox seriously put a good enough team on the field to earn a playoff spot.

You may be right, but I really hope that the Red Sox can start turning things around next season.  They definitely have difficult decisions to make to improve this team and it could take a while. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to rsinsider's comment:

So refreshing ........Like dad always said be carefull what you wish for!!!!!!

I agree, be careful what you wish for....the "kids"-  Lavarnway (still looking for a glimmer of Fisk here), Iglesias (the next so-called Wizard of Oz is nothing more than a AA player) and Kalish (another disappointment and injury prone?) have shown diddle...

If the Sox expect to put this type of product on the field in 2013 say goodbye to the phoney sell out streak. 

Sections
Shortcuts