Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman

From ESPN.com:

NEW YORK -- A woman has been charged with stalking and shaking down New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman.

Louise Neathway is being arraigned Thursday night in a Manhattan court. Prosecutors say she extorted $6,000 from Cashman, tried to squeeze $15,000 more and engaged in "a long-term effort to control and manipulate" him.

She's also known as Louise Meanwell. Defense lawyers Alan Abramson and Stephen McCarthy say she denies the accusation, and they expect to "obtain a favorable result."

"Mr. Cashman is very grateful that this matter is in the hands of law enforcement," Chris Giglio, a spokesman for the general manager, said in a statement.

The Yankees declined to comment.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman

Moderator, please transfer this thread to another sub-forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Moderator, please leave this baseball-relevant thread where it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Wasn't that Waldman pining for Clemens?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Extortion for money, I originally thought her name was Sergio Mitre.

That would have made more sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Do we really need to go here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

AROD should be arrested for extorting the Yankees, and the entire Yankee ownership should be arrested for extorting the citizens of New York. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman:
    From ESPN.com: NEW YORK -- A woman has been charged with stalking and shaking down New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. Louise Neathway is being arraigned Thursday night in a Manhattan court. Prosecutors say she extorted $6,000 from Cashman, tried to squeeze $15,000 more and engaged in "a long-term effort to control and manipulate" him. She's also known as Louise Meanwell. Defense lawyers Alan Abramson and Stephen McCarthy say she denies the accusation, and they expect to "obtain a favorable result." "Mr. Cashman is very grateful that this matter is in the hands of law enforcement," Chris Giglio, a spokesman for the general manager, said in a statement. The Yankees declined to comment.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

It's never good when your girlfriend (or boyfriend, for that matter) has an "AKA".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman:
    AROD should be arrested for extorting the Yankees, and the entire Yankee ownership should be arrested for extorting the citizens of New York. 
    Posted by BurritoT

Leave it alone B.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Don't talk to me Yankee fan or I will phone up kimsaysthis to deal with you!  Laughing  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

AROD should be arrested for extorting the Yankees 
    Posted by BurritoT

Good one. His cell mate would be Lackey, another one who should be arrested for extortion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

As much as I dislike Lackey as a person and for the contract at least he did not opt out and then come back and put his employer over the barrel.  AROD and the Yankees deserve one another. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

As much as I dislike Lackey as a person and for the contract at least he did not opt out and then come back and put his employer over the barrel.  AROD and the Yankees deserve one another. 
    Posted by BurritoT

Good point on the contract. Too bad Lackey didn't opt out, that would be an easy way to get rid of him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Posted by BurritoT

He also pitched hurt for months, producing historically bad numbers (despite a few key wins) and taking heaps of abuse from "fans".  Isn't playing hurt what peoples' beloved "dirt dogs" do?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Extortion to Lackey
    Lackey to Arod

Yes but how come the price of pork bellies took a dive yesterday on the commodity market in Chicago.

What does Amazon.com have in their plans on an upgrade for the Kindle Fire tablet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman : He also pitched hurt for months, producing historically bad numbers (despite a few key wins) and taking heaps of abuse from "fans".  Isn't playing hurt what peoples' beloved "dirt dogs" do?
    Posted by Chilliwings

No doubt he did pitch hurt. Still no excuse for showing up his teamates and Francona with all of his theatrics on the mound.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman : No doubt he did pitch hurt. Still no excuse for showing up his teamates and Francona with all of his theatrics on the mound.
    Posted by jrh1194

His teammates maintain that Lackey is one of the better club house guys. If his teammates don't have a problem with his antics, neither do I.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Don't talk to me Yankee fan or I will phone up kimsaysthis to deal with you!     
    Posted by BurritoT

Please sir, I beg you - don't call the Dream Police on me.

Actually A-Rod gave the nod to Boras to opt out, Boras took it one step further with his World Series announcement turning A-Rod's gold into copper only to have Fatso Hank give the go-ahead for the dumbest contract ever even though NY had A-Rod over the barrel. Probably why Hank isn't allowed within a 1,000 miles of any future team contract discussions.

I don't blame A-Rod for being a pig on this one. It is all on Hank.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Woman arrested for extorting Brian Cashman : He also pitched hurt for months, producing historically bad numbers (despite a few key wins) and taking heaps of abuse from "fans".  Isn't playing hurt what peoples' beloved "dirt dogs" do?
    Posted by Chilliwings

Playing hurt is commendable only when you can still contribute, not when you can't or don't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

full read that's quite embarrassing brian I mean with your money you got to do better than that
    Posted by pinstripezac

I read the full article and there is nothing there to suggest that Cashman ever knew or came into contact with this psycho.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I respectfully request that we leave Mr. Cashman alone, perhaps transfer this thread elsewhere.

Cash is one of the good guys, even if he works for the Yankees.

Sad, no matter if he had an affair or not.

It will not end well, regardless.

He's got to repair a lot of relationships and he should just be left to his tasks.

Just sayin'...

Here endeth the lesson.

Sections
Shortcuts