Words from BDC Dottie....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Words from BDC Dottie....

In Response to Re: Words from BDC Dottie....:
    Beni did not deserve to to be caught in the sweep of Pike and his clown posse, his threads were on the whole harmless, but i certainly hope Pike's actions are not being condoned...i know Beni's threads always seem to lead to diatribes against Yankee fans, but it shouldn't have lead to such silly lengths...my hope is that people stop going overboard on stuff that quite frankly is secondary to life... Jete ------------------------------------------------ You know, Jete, I think Beni really enjoyed the back and forth with you. He may have posted things that made you crazy, but, I believe, it truly was all in fun. I have to admit, I had some fun with you there as well. :)  I never understood why posters seemed to take it all so serious and personal.
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    hey Kim, i think he did too...as crazy as his stuff got, i never felt the need to beat him down about it...unfortunately his threads became the springboard to a larger issue, imo those issues caused the lighter side of his stuff to get a little lost... sometimes i think he let the support he was gaining cause the tone to change a little bit...still doesn't mean he deserved what happened....maybe he just didn't understand where it was heading(not that i know that for fact)..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Kim, I gotta believe others acted responsibly as well; saw the seriousness of invading the privacy of Yoshi, Steve and Jessey - and acted accordingly.
    I agree with you here. I never said I was the only one. I sure hope I wasn't.

As for reporting Beni, I don't know why that would be done, but I wouldn't be surprised. However, I believe the action BDC took was solely based on one serious issue. BDC is quite familiar with Smiley and his purpose for coming here.
    I highly doubt any complaints about him recently would sway their decision. As I just stated, they could have taken action against Smiley long before this.

Don't you think there have been complaints about Smiley in the past?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lets just say I ignore the posters I dont care for thus I would not know about the degree of their crime - 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

hey Kim, i think he did too...as crazy as his stuff got, i never felt the need to beat him down about it...unfortunately his threads became the springboard to a larger issue, imo those issues caused the lighter side of his stuff to get a little lost... sometimes i think he let the support he was gaining cause the tone to change a little bit...still doesn't mean he deserved what happened....maybe he just didn't understand where it was heading(not that i know that for fact).. Jete
    ---------------------------------------------------

Think about it, Jete. He never changed. If there were things going on in his thread he would ignore it, and post around it. He even posted around me when I was arguing with someone there who was abusing him. I don't believe he got himself involved at all. It really wasn't his style.

And before I forget again like my last post, I think it was so cool of you to chime in here in his defense. You've always been a class act. IMO jsyk :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

All's you had to do is read 2-3 threads - and the degree of their crime was quite obvious. I do agree with you in that Pike and his transparent army was as problematic as Law.

I too ignore those who don't interest me. But I can't ignore what transpired the last two days. If it wasn't addressed quickly, others would have been at risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Don't you think there have been complaints about Smiley in the past? -- Harness
    -------------------------------------------

Of course. But due to the probable volume of complaints (see my earlier post) and seriousness of the accusations, if you're someone who believes there was a connection, you report both posters. Edit: And if you're a group of posters who don't like Beni's posts, then all the better.

Beni was removed without a shread of evidence that he was bumping threads before -- and it turned out he wasn't. You can't say it can't be done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I do remember you being called a "dumb broad" and as now I thought then it was too far over the top, I don't fault you for being upset and reporting the guilty party.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I do remember you being called a "dumb broad" and as now I thought then it was too far over the top, I don't fault you for being upset and reporting the guilty party. -- Burrito

-----------------------------------------------

Read my post again. Those were the comments that I didn't report. I only reported the Mass holes article. So now should I include "anal" in my list of insults that don't get reported?  I love how that's increasing by the day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Again Kim, Smiley has been posting too long for BDC not to acknowledge his threads and the traditional responses, or complaints. The alleged volume would not impact the extreme action they took. I've been here 4-5 years and I've never seen them remove several posters/threads this swiftly.

Both posters and BDC were at risk due to the breach in security. And they did what they felt was necessary to stop it cold.

As for Smiley, I have stated several times that he was victimized unfairly, but the bumping issue was problematic. The posters who tried to nail him to the cross... I doubt the reputable ones are very proud of it.

This is a different issue altogether. The links exposing 3 individuals were posted not by co-incidence.
    Pike used Smiley's ability to divide the board to further his activity. Since the two factors were linked together, it likely lead to taking Smiley out of circulation.

Board division can create ugly scenarios, and Smiley is clearly more responsible for this than anyone else. And it's time he owned up to it. The NY/Boston rivalry is fine and dandy, but the constant need to exploit it in such a fashion can have serious repercussions. Smiley is not directly responsible for what Pike did. But he is responsible for his repetitive act, which obviously has a negative impact on people overall.

Let's be honest: the abuse you took was due to UR stance on Smiley. If Smiley didn't antagonize posters of both allegiance, you would not have the need to defend him. His activity has been the cause of many hard feelings, and I think BDC has had it with him. If I'm wrong and Smiley gets another chance, don't you think he should start taking responsibility for the actions instigated by his incessant needling?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

One last thought on the "privacy" issue. Were the posters mentioned using their real names?  I know Jesseyeric's not because of an argument I had last season with Mikey about a grown man calling himself "Mikey" -- even if others called him that. And there's really no last name anyway.

And if that poster was Steve, then maybe because it did reveal a full name. But that might only be true if it were him.

As for PinstripeZac. Again, is Pinstripe his first name?

I don't know about your Yoshimi reference, so you'd have to explain that one to me since I didn't see it on the thread. 

Also, who really puts their full name in a screen name? 

I guess I'm asking is there privacy for screen names?  I really don't know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

And yet pike is back as stengel. No sign of smiley though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I'm not aware of Zac's involvement. I am aware of the others. Both accurate and inaccurate info was divulged. I won't put them at any more risk by divulging anything else.

As for the links, same thing. The less said, the better. I'll be surprised if this thread will even be here in the next day or two. With the advent of facebook and  similar sites, posters who post on other forums are susceptible.

It's like paying bills on line. The greater the exposure to personal information, the greater the risk of identity theft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Too early to call that one, Carnie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Board division can create ugly scenarios, and Smiley is clearly more responsible for this than anyone else. And it's time he owned up to it. The NY/Boston rivalry is fine and dandy, but the constant need to exploit it in such a fashion can have serious repercussions. Smiley is not directly responsible for what Pike did. But he is responsible for his repetitive act, which obviously has a negative impact on people overall.

Let's be honest: the abuse you took was due to UR stance on Smiley. If Smiley didn't antagonize posters of both allegiance, you would not have the need to defend him. His activity has been the cause of many hard feelings, and I think BDC has had it with him. If I'm wrong and Smiley gets another chance, don't you think he should start taking responsibility for the actions instigated by his incessant needling? --- Harness
    ----------------------------------------------

Smiley is a guy having a little fun with his rival team on his own team's board. If Yankee fans are too immature to deal with that, then that's their problem. 

I sometimes feel that they create all this drama so they can have everyone turn against Beni and get anything negative about the Yankees, that's not objective (or real lol), off the board. You have to wonder why it MATTERS SO MUCH to grown, adult men. 

As I've said before, I wouldn't dream of going to a Yankee board and telling posters there what they can and can't say about the Red Sox. And I wouldn't spend all my time trying to get a poster I didn't like off their board.  You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm not aware of Zac's involvement. I am aware of the others. Both accurate and inaccurate info was divulged. I won't put them at any more risk by divulging anything else.

As for the links, same thing. The less said, the better. I'll be surprised if this thread will even be here in the next day or two. With the advent of facebook and similar sites, posters who post on other forums are susceptible.

It's like paying bills on line. The greater the exposure to personal information, the greater the risk of identity theft. -- Harness

---------------------------------------

Zac was listed on the thread as well. Probably the reason you didn't know anything about it, is because he hasn't said anything about it. Interesting. The drama over Jessey eclipsed that, and Steven was here. They had a pic up of him as well, which might have been a younger version since we've seen his pic here.

If you're using a screen name on a message board, I don't know if that's an invasion of privacy unless it contains your full real name.

I'll leave you with this, does it matter what you CHOOSE to disclose about yourself online?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well, what one chooses to post about themselves on one site certainly shouldn't be used against them on another.

It's like forgetting to pay a credit card bill because you never got it (mail issue).
    Suddenly, your credit history is affected everywhere!

As for Smiley having a little fun - I have seen too many instances where  "little fun' can get out of hand. I don't know what his actual intentions are, Kim.
    I really don't get involved in the back and forth dialog his threads create.
    But I am pointing a finger at his incessant need to needle.
    I am accusing him of constantly dividing the board and establishing a foundation of antagonism, regardless of his intentions. 

And I think you can relate to how one can get caught up in it all, so it's hardly age related. Babe needles RedSox fans through various threads. And he's been banned several times.
    Smiley does the same thing to NY fans but keeps it isolated to his own threads. Yet up to now he's never been banned.

If BDC felt a poster was 'harmless' or having a 'little fun', I doubt they'd act as they did. The irony of it all is: Smiley may have been done in by the one poster who claimed iron-clad allegiance to the RedSox: Pike!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You won't find me asking for any one to be banned. 

I know my stand on things is juxtaposed to many and they have the right to say what they want.  And I have the right to say what I want.

And I want to say,

SEE YOU GUYS IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER!!!!  WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT SEASON!!!!!

And I believe it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You won't find me asking for any one to be banned.  I know my stand on things is juxtaposed to many and they have the right to say what they want.  And I have the right to say what I want. And I want to say,   SEE YOU GUYS IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER!!!!  WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT SEASON!!!!!   And I believe it.
    Posted by SinceYaz

Tell me something, my friend: if you found the name and/or info about yourself, your wife, or other family members on a public forum, how would you react?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 4/14/2010
    Last: 5/8/2011
    FTR, I reported ONE post in my entire time here. That was when Babe posted an abusive article from Mass holes about Sox fans who weren't even on the board, and simply lived in Massachusetts.

I've been called a "dumb broad", "fat", a "thug", a "moron" and, which may be my all-time favorite, a "guy" on this board. You can use that to put it in perspective.

Hi Kim,

That article WAS offensive.  I wondered, at the time, why that was acceptable to the MODS when a good amount of other stuff wasn't.

While you seem to relish in your femininity{which is a good thing}, sometimes "guy" among us is a compliment.  It may be a little wharped, but it is still complimentary.  Not always, but sometimes.  Conversely, I no longer say, "He throws -or runs - like a girl!"  as a cut down.  Since the days my sons were in high school, and I was assisting their teams as a volunteer, I saw girls running like wild deer (soccer practice which ran concurrently with the guy's ... side by side, not mixed {though that was always a place to kid}), graceful and strong.  I also saw girls throw (softball) a much better ball than a lot of guys I knew.

My sons were somewhat amused at my epiphanies ... since they had seen girls develop with them all along.  I told them that when I grew up, girls had cheerleading and softball and not much else.  Someplaces volleyball ...
         But their schools had girl's lacross, soccer, swimming, basketball, track, softball and more plus the old standbies...

Title IX certainly had a far reaching impact!

You might be one of the guys, Kim.  But like Yoshi, we'd never lose track with the fact you're one of the ladies.  :o)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 10/16/2007
    Last: 5/9/2011
    You won't find me asking for any one to be banned.  I know my stand on things is juxtaposed to many and they have the right to say what they want.  And I have the right to say what I want. And I want to say,   SEE YOU GUYS IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER!!!!  WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT SEASON!!!!!   And I believe it.
    Posted by SinceYaz

Tell me something, my friend: if you found the name and/or info about yourself, your wife, or other family members on a public forum, how would you react?
    AHHH,

That is a whole other matter, Harness.  I had not realized anyone had sunk to that level.  I know we've had some nasty players with uncouthe slings at other posters, but I had not realized that someone was actually breaking the law.  Stealing that information is criminal.  Posting it is just plain stupid.  The track back to the jerk who did it is fairly easy to follow.  

Somewhat tongue in cheek,  a good pink belly and a super wedgie is a good place to start ... then I turn them over to my Spec Ops son ... :o)  My younger son, in 2nd grade, helped put his school's computer banks together with the librarian.  And it was a school for the gifted like him.  The only person I know who took a 2 hour timed IQ test and finished it in under 20 minutes.  We'll help Dottie get those punks.

Oh ... and then there is the lawful way, I guess ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I received a notification about this thread and what happened the last couple of days, so I just wanted to drop a line about it.

Just for the record, I did not leave because of Beni. I found his threads to be fairly humorous at times. And the supposed outing of me to be a Sox fan had nothing to do with it either. Actually I found that pretty funny. Not sure how it listed me as a Sox fan. I am as much a Sox fan as I am a Beatles hater. And whoever actually did it only showed how pathetic he really is.

What bothered me was that the ongoing wars here were detracting from baseball and that is just wrong on so many levels. What brought me to this forum to begin with were the discussions. As a Yankee fan, I found that you could talk baseball and the rivalry here without too much silliness. As I have always stated, it is better to be in a conversation with varying thoughts and ideas. Everyone marching to the same drummer can be a bit boring.

Trash talking should be expected considering the rivalry and the fact that this is a Sox forum. But some here started taking it to a whole different level. And that is just sad. It is easy to be a tough guy on the interent. No one can put their fist through a monitor to reach someone else's face. I am sure that the tough guys here would crap themselves, if they actually had to face someone here, live and in person.

Anyway, gang - enjoy the season. And most important, enoy the conversation with each other.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-1. Show Babe-1's posts

In Response to Re: Words from BDC Dottie.... : Yet, you didn't find it sad that two good posters were being railroaded off of the board by Pike and the pikettes. You were right there with them. At least you proved to those that thought you were a Pike/Smiley creation that you are for real. All of his/their androids have been purged from the board. The Smiley characters were not involved in that attack thread at all, so I don't see how they could have just been collateral damage.

Posted by MikeNagy

The sad part is the neither has left. They both claimed to say goodbye but continue to post here. My guess is they both just wanted to hear a bunch of people on the internet whom they've never actually met beg them to stay. Bunch of drama queens if you ask me.

Do you really think you won't see either jesseyerica or nhstephanie posting here any longer?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I must have come to the wrong place. I was looking for the Red Sox forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Hey Jessy,

Good to see your post.  The crazies come and go but the good posters tend to stay, so come back when you are ready.

I learned the hard way how to behave on this site and you were one of the ones who taught me along with Jete and Zac.

So stick around this forum needs seasoned posters like you.

I  still believe the sox will get their act together and will be in the post season with the yanks.  There's alot of baseball to be played.

Sections
Shortcuts