Workman & Britton, deserve a spot in that B P ........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Workman & Britton, deserve a spot in that B P ........

Ben, figure it out, those 2 get the job done !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Workman & Britton, deserve a spot in that B P ........

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK Billy, calm down...it was just one ST outing...Although I would also like to see Workman continue what he had at the end of 2013.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK Billy, calm down...it was just one ST outing...Although I would also like to see Workman continue what he had at the end of 2013.

[/QUOTE]Same thing with Briton..... They both made solid contributions last year !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Jobs are earned, not handed out like awards.

Graned they both flashed a LOT of potential last year (Workman in the WS) but they are still young and inexperienced enough to where they need to show something to get something.

In the end it will come down to development as well.  If the Sox like Workmans stuff out of the bullpen better and think he is more valuable to them there they may want to start him in Pawtucket to have him learn how to throw out of the pen.  He never had a shot to get into a routine of being a reliever last year. 

Their time will come, and more than likely at some point this year...I think we shouldn't worry about that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Graned they both flashed a LOT of potential last year (Workman in the WS) but they are still young and inexperienced enough to where they need to show something to get something.

In the end it will come down to development as well.  If the Sox like Workmans stuff out of the bullpen better and think he is more valuable to them there they may want to start him in Pawtucket to have him learn how to throw out of the pen.  He never had a shot to get into a routine of being a reliever last year. 

Their time will come, and more than likely at some point this year...I think we shouldn't worry about that.

[/QUOTE]My old EYES don't LIE ........  Those 2 guys LOOK like pitchers !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I doubt either will get a spot because I hear Joe Saunders is available.  Here's hoping Capuano tears something so we get a chance to see the kids at some point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill, your a true fan I won't take that away from you.  But you have a history of not having an eye for talent.  I agree that these two ARE talented, but I suspect you have very little concept of the Boston Red Sox player development machine.

You can't stop this machine

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt either will get a spot because I hear Joe Saunders is available.  Here's hoping Capuano tears something so we get a chance to see the kids at some point.

[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why Capuano exists on this team, BE CAREFUL what you wish for.

As talented as Workman/Barnes/Webster/Ranuado are that does't gurantee instantaneous success.

We see what happens sometimes with young players struggling when they are first called up.  Think about Websters work last year, or Jackie Bradely JR. I remember people wanting to dump Clay Buccholz in favor of Michael Bowden.

WHAT!!! is Michael Bowden up to these days???

Capuano gives the Sox security, and in ZERO way blocks or prevents the prospects from contributing this year.  Their time will come, and they may even permanently lock positions by years end.

He's actually a great depth signing, and was heralded as such around baseball for a REASON.  I think it's time we all recognize that Ben C. and the Sox F.O. know exactly what they are doing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Workman should be starter and dump Peavy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Workman should be starter and dump Peavy.

[/QUOTE]

In a SSS Workman nearly put up a 5.00 ERA.  Why throw him into the fire and dump Peavy? 

Can we at least hold off until mid year, it's not like the pitching prospects are going to dissapear but if we start trading away pitchers then that is something you can't hit the reset button on.

It's never ever ever a good idea to diminish pitching depth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

This team is getting deeper by the day---they could be short in the OF. I know this may sound crazy---I would like to see our all world SS get some reps in LF. Drew asking price must be coming down--something around $5 M with $10 M of potential Incentives--one year no QO.

If they sign Drew--Xander to 3 B and WMB is the RH bat off the bench--Carp the LH bat off the bench.

I think Xander will wind up in LF ala, Yaz move from SS to LF.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill so did Billy Rohr in 1967 coming out of ST but disappeared after those games only to be seen when Yaz made a catch of a lifetime in NY stadium to save the game for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team is getting deeper by the day---they could be short in the OF. I know this may sound crazy---I would like to see our all world SS get some reps in LF. Drew asking price must be coming down--something around $5 M with $10 M of potential Incentives--one year no QO.

If they sign Drew--Xander to 3 B and WMB is the RH bat off the bench--Carp the LH bat off the bench.

[/QUOTE]
    Funny I remember last year where people thought we be short in the OF. We all know how that turned out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

7 guys in the pen- all "deserve it":

Uehara

Mujica

Tazawa

Breslow

Miller

Badenhop

Capuano

Unless someone gets hurt, these are the 7 pen guys on opening day.

Workman and Britton will get their chance at some point in 2014, so don't worry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Usually players move to the corner outfield when they have the bat and inadequate defense.

Xander has the Bat, but his defense is probably at least average at the most demanding position.  That means he has the athleticism to move off to third and the arm for right.   There is almost ZERO chance he ever moves to LF> 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They want to give these two kids a normal 5 day routine which they cant get in MLB. Im sure its undecided where they end up, be it in the pen or rotation. What I do know is they see these two as starters right now, so they will do that in AAA. 

Obviously things can, and will change as the season goes depending on performance, injuries and needs. But right now they need their innings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems there will be a role for all. Tazawa, Mujica, Breslow all showed some over use last year. Even Uehara will need some down time. 

I do see 12-14 players contributing in the pen this year, and 7-9 players making at least 1 start this year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Usually players move to the corner outfield when they have the bat and inadequate defense.

Xander has the Bat, but his defense is probably at least average at the most demanding position.  That means he has the athleticism to move off to third and the arm for right.   There is almost ZERO chance he ever moves to LF> 

[/QUOT

I see Bogey at 3B and Cecchini or Betts in LF a few years from now. (Maybe Middy or Cecchini at 1B)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uehara

Mujica

Tazawa

Breslow

Miller

Badenhop

Capuano

Workman and Britton will get their chance at some point in 2014, so don't worry.

[/QUOTE]Breslow, Badenhop, & Capuano ........ OVERRATED, & OVAA AGED !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uehara

Mujica

Tazawa

Breslow

Miller

Badenhop

Capuano

[/QUOTE]

Add your name to your post Bill.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOT

I see Bogey at 3B and Cecchini or Betts in LF a few years from now. (Maybe Middy or Cecchini at 1B)

[/QUOTE]

I still think WIll will be the better fielder, but I'm not as confident about that.  It looks like Cecchini is really dedicated to improving his defense.  I think Betts could end up just about anywhere on the diamond other than 1B or C.  Although I think he might be better suited for an up the middle position.  

Like I said I think WIll has more potential defensively and a switch to first puts more weight on his bat.  If his bat is adequate for first it is more than adequate for third in which case the better defender plays third, this is why I don't see WMB and Cecchini in the same infield were Will is at first....but like I said I'm not as confident in that scenario but I still lean in that direction. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uehara

Mujica

Tazawa

Breslow

Miller

Badenhop

Capuano

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You are a FUNNY GUY........  Humor is GOOD, howevaa your attacks shed zero light on your understanding of building a baseball team......  Save your quality for T-BALL !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uehara

Mujica

Tazawa

Breslow

Miller

Badenhop

Capuano

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]You are a FUNNY GUY........  Humor is GOOD, howevaa your attacks shed zero light on your understanding of building a baseball team......  Save your quality for T-BALL !!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Bill....I agree, I am a quality guy and yes....I do volunteer my time during the Summer and coach a tee ball team.  It's a lot of fun.

As for building a team....do you really want me to bring up last year and all of your predictions that failed miserably??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Breslow, Badenhop, & Capuano ........ OVERRATED, & OVAA AGED !!!

These guys all have actual histories of MLB success, BILL. They are not old at all.

Breslow (34) had a 1.81 ERA last year (1.123 WHIP), but his 2nd hal was off-the-charts-good. I hope all our RP'er age this well: 0.65 ERA & 0.976 WHIP second half 2013.

Badenhop (31) over the last 2 years was at 3.25 ERA and 1.19 WHIP as well as 61+ IP both years. Maybe Workman or Britton can do better than that, but it's a big maybe.

Capuano is debateable, but he is only 35 and has had 84 starts over the last 3 years.

Sections
Shortcuts