Workman starts tomorrow. Victorino to DL.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Workman starts tomorrow. Victorino to DL.

Pete AbrahamVerified account‏@PeteAbe 9mWorkman starts tomorrow. Victorino to DL. Nava recalled. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Workman starts tomorrow. Victorino to DL.

I think now is the time to consider Victorino a 4th OF'er and find a f/t RF'er. 

He helped get us a WS so no regrets at all.  Just time to face reality and pay the piper.........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Just for the RECORD,   Bill-806 had said that WORKMAN should have been on the ROSTER out of  S T .....  Hope he makes me look good tomorrow !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Would be happy with a workman like performance. Of course if he went 9 and gave up 3 he would lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Workman has an ERA of over 4, this year in Pawtucket, has given up more hits than innings pitched. Why should we expect much?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Workman has an ERA of over 4, this year in Pawtucket, has given up more hits than innings pitched. Why should we expect much?

[/QUOTE]

First you need to have faith.  Second you need to understand that it is not always about numbers in minor league ball, especially when a player from the big is rehabbing or just getting his grove back in triple A.

Ortiz's time last season at McCoy was very non productive and he started off at fenway with a bang.

Workman's location has been pretty good at McCoy.  I think he gives the sox 6 good innings but even if he lays an egg, tampa is a good team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pete AbrahamVerified account‏@PeteAbe 9mWorkman starts tomorrow. Victorino to DL. Nava recalled. 

[/QUOTE]

Victorino in DL is a huge deja vue, should have been forseen, too...it is time to to turn back the clock and relive the happy, but flukie, 2013 season...I would start rebilding asap...trade and upgrade... Sizemore, wmb, Carp, Gomes, Holt, Vic, peavy, Dubront, Buch, and some more, out of sight, either trade or assigment

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

We need a big stop today out of Workman !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First you need to have faith.  Second you need to understand that it is not always about numbers in minor league ball, especially when a player from the big is rehabbing or just getting his grove back in triple A.

Ortiz's time last season at McCoy was very non productive and he started off at fenway with a bang.

Workman's location has been pretty good at McCoy.  I think he gives the sox 6 good innings but even if he lays an egg, tampa is a good team.

[/QUOTE]

Patience with young players is something many on this forum lack, but don't tell them that they have all the patience in the world...they are JUST RIGHT about everything. 

Workman is better than his numbers suggest down in Pawtucket, but I still would have liked to see RDLR.  He is just a ground ball machine right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Patience with young players is something many on this forum lack, but don't tell them that they have all the patience in the world...they are JUST RIGHT about everything. 

Workman is better than his numbers suggest down in Pawtucket, but I still would have liked to see RDLR.  He is just a ground ball machine right now.

[/QUOTE]True DAT  !!!!   Our ROSTER has too many guys on the back 9.........  Getting guys out of the farm stand is like watching the fruit spoil !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are right and I would rather have more patience than pulling the trigger too fast.  Still not over Brady Anderson and Jeff Bagwell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just for the RECORD,   Bill-806 had said that WORKMAN should have been on the ROSTER out of  S T .....  Hope he makes me look good tomorrow !!

[/QUOTE]

Talk about giving Workman the kiss of death.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

That's not a bad outing by Workman.  He gave up a homer but the other two runs weren't exactly his fault.  The hit and run led to a run and was well executed.

I liked his location for most of the game.  He went an inning less than I thought but I think he had enough to get thru one more if needed.